AGM 12D Bullpup build soon from WHATSUPHOBBY DOT COM

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does a person have to build his own rocket for level 2 Cert?

JP

Yup, for all levels.

so you physically have to build the rocket yourself??? this is sounding more and more like way more trouble than its worth... sucks, I really want to fly it...

Why would you want the certification if you don't want to build the rockets? That just doesn't add up.

you need the certification to launch rockets that big... what does it matter if I build my first HPR myself??? I want to have one predone, then eventually buy a few more that I will in fact build myself... I guess I will add a few upgrades to the bullpup, and then claim it as mine... no big deal...

Yup, for all levels.

Why would you want the certification if you don't want to build the rockets? That just doesn't add up.

you need the certification to launch rockets that big... what does it matter if I build my first HPR myself??? I want to have one predone, then eventually buy a few more that I will in fact build myself... I guess I will add a few upgrades to the bullpup, and then claim it as mine... no big deal...

It matters because it shows that you have the skills to build a rocket capable of flying high power motors - pretty much the whole point of the high power certification process.

It matters because it shows that you have the skills to build a rocket capable of flying high power motors - pretty much the whole point of the high power certification process.

I feel I have the skills... just not the tools and/or time right now... I am a tad too busy to build one up at the moment, and thought I could go the buy a RTF version, and I sure would like to fly one... it sounds to me my expectations in HPR are not going to work out from the more and more I read about all their "requirements"...

The rockets aren't difficult to build, for most. Others have their limits. So the High Power Sport puts limits on it's builders...
Not fair to some.
I can't build an airplane, but I can take lessons...
There is a way one can fly anothers build. Ryan, you wouldn't be the first to fly what somebody else built.
Maybe there should be previsions to the rules; like having documented proof of a build up to a certain point and having a certified person help you finish it up and ballance. Like a 90 percent build.
Don't sweat it if you still want it...
I really don't want to sell it and if not, I would hang it up for a while and get one cert. on the LOC IV I'm working on.

JP

The rockets aren't difficult to build, for most. Others have their limits. So the High Power Sport puts limits on it's builders...
Not fair to some.
I can't build an airplane, but I can take lessons...
There is a way one can fly anothers build. Ryan, you wouldn't be the first to fly what somebody else built.
Maybe there should be previsions to the rules; like having documented proof of a build up to a certain point and having a certified person help you finish it up and ballance. Like a 90 percent build.
Don't sweat it if you still want it...
I really don't want to sell it and if not, I would hang it up for a while and get one cert. on the LOC IV I'm working on.

JP

in all fairness, how would they even know or be able to prove if I built it completely or not??? this rule kind of confuses me a little bit... and yes, I do want it... I just am not liking all the negativity I am already receiving for wanting to buy a pro built HPR...

Last edited:
I was not being negative, just stating the rules as they are. It's all about what you want to put into it, building and flying rockets is only a part of the equation for most.

*** The 4 inch Bull Pup kit by Polecat Aerospace may be "rare" in the near future.
I spoke with Jack G. the other day and he said there were only 4 left on his shelves...
If I had the cash I would build another one.

JP

wow... crazy, so the four and they are done forever??? no way...:eyepop:

*** The 4 inch Bull Pup kit by Polecat Aerospace may be "rare" in the near future.
I spoke with Jack G. the other day and he said there were only 4 left on his shelves...
If I had the cash I would build another one.

JP

i was checkin this out........ i have a 1/4 scale bullpup (4")...... also a few other military scale models that are in various stages of build.... kool thread!

Back