AeroTech Update

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Burger

Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and all you AeroTech fans!

I apologize for not being on for awhile but we have been quite busy around here. I have been asked to give an update on our latest progress.

We have successfully passed a testing phase of our new molded "G" motor case and production on these molded cases will commence at our vendor next week. The initial run will be targeting our poplular G40W. This new molded case will increase our reliability tremendously and we are very excited about this new step. We are anticipating being able to ship these motors to our distributors mid to end of October.

We are going to target the G80 using this new molded case as well and we also anticipate that the testing phase on this motor will begin in the next couple of weeks. Mid to End of October. Production runs on these would be scheduled at that time with shipping dates looking like November sometime.

As most of you are aware, we had a serious problem with the single use motor casing material from our supplier. We have been researching new suppliers and have found a couple of them that will be sending us some samples for testing. If this casing proves to be reliable, we will utilize this material for F25's and F50's. It is difficult for us to give a lead time with these motors at this time but the vendor is confident that they can supply us with production quantities on a more regular basis. The ultimate goal in years to come is to eliminate this casing material all together and have all of our single use motors made out of a molded case.

This is very exciting news to us and gives us more goals to reach as we continue to look to the future. We know many of you are looking for our popular single use motors and we are frantically trying to resolve this shortage.

24mm single use motors will continue to use the casing material from our new supplier and we are also hoping that they can keep us supplied with this size as well on a more regular basis.

The EZ Access lines have been doing fantastic and we are pleased to hear all of the positive feedback on our RedLine propellant formulation. You guys are LOVING IT! :cool:

We have shipped numerous 54mm Long Burn loads to our dealers and these motors are becoming our most popular in the 54mm range.

I have been asked about "F" and "G" consumer loads utilizing the RedLine. We have found that the C-Slot consumer reloads using RedLine just don't have a nice red flame to them. The core burning loads are the ones that make such a cool red flame from EZ Access all the way up to 98mm. We will be targeting and testing the RedLine in the new 29/120 and 38/120 cases and are very confident that this will be successful.

We are also in the process of coming up with a new Blue Thunder formulation that will eliminate the need for a specific chemical in this formulation that has been causing early ejection in some cases. We are looking into multiple ideas here to solve this particular problem.

We are looking to reintroduce our non standard single use motor lines next year with the hopes that our casing supplier continues to give us good material. We will also be getting the RC loads back into production. D21 and E15 are still on the discussion table at this time.

We continue to move forward with new exciting projects on the horizon to satisfy your rocket motor needs.

Just to tease you a little bit: Look for us to be introducing an "F" Blue Thunder Econojet

Take Care everyone and we welcome your feedback. :)

Joe

I have been having trouble finding "white lightnings" you guys gonna crank out more of those?

thanks for the update Joe!!

It seems to me the natural progression of this hobby is MORE POWER! Without Aerotech where would we be???

We really appreciate Aerotech's hard work and great products.
It will be a great day when Aerotech motor availability is no longer an issue!

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
Joe

I have been having trouble finding "white lightnings" you guys gonna crank out more of those?

Allow me to express a deeply held heresy here: I don't give a chuff what comes out of the nozzle as long as it has a lot of zoom. I'd much rather have adequate supply and reliability than any special effects. I pick engines by impulse and delay, and they come in one "type" each, so choosing "type" becomes irrelevant. I'd much rather see effects research directed towards efficiency so the weight could be lower and performance increased.

Originally posted by UncMikesRktShk
Joe

We have been cranking out the W/L so not sure if you are looking for a specific load? We currently are waiting for our nozzle supplier to get us the nozzle for the G64 which is in motion but most of the other W/L loads have been shipping.

If you are referring to Single Use, that entire area has been suffering because of the fore mentioned reasons.

We have also been shipping to most of the major launches and the dealers tell us they usually sell out of our stuff the first day or two. That is impressive to us. People have been patiently waiting for our full blown return which should be by next season. :)

Originally posted by stevem
It will be a great day when Aerotech motor availability is no longer an issue!

We too are looking forward to that day! We want all of our customers to have the motor of their choice available when they want and where they want it. We had reached a 24 hour lead time prior to....well, you know.... and the goal is to get back to that as soon as we possibly can.

Joe
I will have to check with my engine supplier about the white lightning.

But on the same subject what about "Black Jacks" ?

I prefer the single use stuff, but if reloads are all thats available I can be flexible

Originally posted by rstaff3
Can't wait for a 29/120 Redline!

I cannot wait either! I just got the casing and would love to put a redline in it!

Loaded question Joe, and one you don't have to answer. What do you think the new cases are going to do to the price?

Originally posted by Joe Burger

I apologize for not being on for awhile but we have been quite busy around here. I have been asked to give an update on our latest progress.

KUDOS to AT!! Thanks for being so open and forthright with this
supply situation.

Too often in business, one had to be a part of the double-secret distributors group
(read spendin mucho $$$$) to become privy to this type of insider information.
The end-user consumer was left with rumours, mis-information and sometimes
even lies that eventually leaked it's way out.

I'm more than willing to hold tight knowing the supplies will be flowing again soon.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by brianc
KUDOS to AT!! Thanks for being so open and forthright with this
supply situation.

Thank You Sir.

We have always prided ourselves on customer service and keeping the public informed of our situation is also a goal of ours.

We want to remain the leader of Hobby Rocketry and feel that letting our customers know what is going on is just another way of doing this.

Thanks Again and rest assured that we are doing everything in our power on a daily basis to remain in the hearts and minds of all rocket flyers.

Originally posted by rstaff3
Loaded question Joe, and one you don't have to answer. What do you think the new cases are going to do to the price?

I am not sure I understand the question. The price of what? I must tell you though, our suppliers are starting to ream us. :(

The EZ Access lines have been doing fantastic and we are pleased to hear all of the positive feedback on our RedLine propellant formulation. You guys are LOVING IT! :cool:
you bet we are!
I have been asked about "F" and "G" consumer loads utilizing the RedLine. We have found that the C-Slot consumer reloads using RedLine just don't have a nice red flame to them. The core burning loads are the ones that make such a cool red flame from EZ Access all the way up to 98mm. We will be targeting and testing the RedLine in the new 29/120 and 38/120 cases and are very confident that this will be successful. [/B]
That is great news! can't wait to get some!
We are also in the process of coming up with a new Blue Thunder formulation that will eliminate the need for a specific chemical in this formulation that has been causing early ejection in some cases. We are looking into multiple ideas here to solve this particular problem.
Just to tease you a little bit: Look for us to be introducing an "F" Blue Thunder Econojet
[/B]
very cool!
Joe, thanks alot for keeping us updated! It's great to KNOW what's going on and be able to tell those dealers who still think you're out of business.

chuck

I am not sure I understand the question. The price of what? I must tell you though, our suppliers are starting to ream us. :(

I thought the question was clear, although not necessarily appropriate at the moment. Obviously I would mean the price of the motors that the new cases were to be used on; e.g. will the price of the G40 go up because of the new case? But I guess your answer tells me what I want to know, the trend is upwards iindependent of the case material.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
Allow me to express a deeply held heresy here: I don't give a chuff what comes out of the nozzle as long as it has a lot of zoom. I'd much rather have adequate supply and reliability than any special effects. I pick engines by impulse and delay, and they come in one "type" each, so choosing "type" becomes irrelevant. I'd much rather see effects research directed towards efficiency so the weight could be lower and performance increased.

Well said DynaSoar.

To quote Tim Allen...MORE POWER!

Anything else is Eye Candy.

Originally posted by KarlD
Well said DynaSoar.

To quote Tim Allen...MORE POWER!

Anything else is Eye Candy.

Oh good.

I was afraid I was the only one.

Kinda surprised how the Altitude/Speed freaks or the cluster-junkies have not commented on your statement DynaSoar...

They understand the need.....

Hi Mr AT.
Thats really good news... if you live state-side.
When are you going to get CE marked so that we can fly in the UK?
Thanks.

Thanks a whole bunch for the direct answer Joe.Glad to hear that things are back on their feet.
Now I myself like all sorts of motors for all sorts of reasons.Price is a bit of a factor but not too much.
BTW Joe you might wanna take a peek at my other thread in this section titled "C motor reloads",too.HINT,HINT!!!!!

... and I caught what you said about the D21... I'm assuming it's the 18mm D21... I have a few (the Prowler for one) that scream on that motor... looking forward to it...

As for color... I always buy for performance... but I enjoy watching a good color show as well.

glad to hear that a redline load might be available for it soon!
is a blackjack also in the works for that case?
blue thunder?
:D

i'd also like to see the 18mm E-class motors return!
:)

Originally posted by Joe Burger with commentary by me

We have successfully passed a testing phase of our new molded "G" motor case and production on these molded cases will commence at our vendor next week. The initial run will be targeting our poplular G40W. This new molded case will increase our reliability tremendously and we are very excited about this new step. We are anticipating being able to ship these motors to our distributors mid to end of October.

We are going to target the G80 using this new molded case as well and we also anticipate that the testing phase on this motor will begin in the next couple of weeks. Mid to End of October. Production runs on these would be scheduled at that time with shipping dates looking like November sometime.

As most of you are aware, we had a serious problem with the single use motor casing material from our supplier. We have been researching new suppliers and have found a couple of them that will be sending us some samples for testing. If this casing proves to be reliable, we will utilize this material for F25's and F50's. It is difficult for us to give a lead time with these motors at this time but the vendor is confident that they can supply us with production quantities on a more regular basis. The ultimate goal in years to come is to eliminate this casing material all together and have all of our single use motors made out of a molded case.

This is very exciting news to us and gives us more goals to reach as we continue to look to the future. We know many of you are looking for our popular single use motors and we are frantically trying to resolve this shortage.

24mm single use motors will continue to use the casing material from our new supplier and we are also hoping that they can keep us supplied with this size as well on a more regular basis.

Good, I need E30s for my Mustang :D

We have shipped numerous 54mm Long Burn loads to our dealers and these motors are becoming our most popular in the 54mm range.

I have been asked about "F" and "G" consumer loads utilizing the RedLine. We have found that the C-Slot consumer reloads using RedLine just don't have a nice red flame to them. The core burning loads are the ones that make such a cool red flame from EZ Access all the way up to 98mm. We will be targeting and testing the RedLine in the new 29/120 and 38/120 cases and are very confident that this will be successful.

Would it be possible to use the HPR core in consumer motors? I would LOVE to see a red 40-120 load.

Anything on a brighter flame for the MPR BTs? I have never noticed a flame on any of those. Blue flames are cool :)

We are looking to reintroduce our non standard single use motor lines next year with the hopes that our casing supplier continues to give us good material. We will also be getting the RC loads back into production. D21 and E15 are still on the discussion table at this time.

Any mention of G12s?

We continue to move forward with new exciting projects on the horizon to satisfy your rocket motor needs.

SWEET!!!!

Take Care everyone and we welcome your feedback. :)

Originally posted by Reeferjon
Hi Mr AT.
Thats really good news... if you live state-side.
When are you going to get CE marked so that we can fly in the UK?
Thanks.

Hello to our friends across the pond!

We have been repeatedly asked to get motors to the UK. We are in a bind here because Pete Davey just has not place an order with us. He is our only dealer in the UK.

It is a bit confusing but evidently the standards for these markings had not been totally established and getting motors over there would not have been that big of a problem. We are still unclear as to when the CE requirement actually became (becomes) "law"

However, there seems to be some hope here. Pete evidently did contact us in the offices last week about motors so it would appear the ball is finally rolling again.

From what we are understanding, we will need to supply some motors for testing before they allow us to put this CE marking on our motors. These motors will be sent to a testing facility somewhere in Germany which will certify the motors for the entire European region. We are planning on complying with any required information and/or tests in hopes to get this problem resolved.

No offense to our Canadian friends, but Canada is much worse in regards to stricter policies and we were able to get over that hurdle.

Originally posted by Elapid
glad to hear that a redline load might be available for it soon!
is a blackjack also in the works for that case?
blue thunder?

i'd also like to see the 18mm E-class motors return!
:)

We feel that all of our propellants will work in the case sizes for both the 29/120 and 38/120. These additional items are on our "to do list". RedLine will be the first attempt and this should take place within the next month or so. We will move forward with Blue Thunder after we sort that chemical problem out. Black Jacks will also be attempted.

The question of core burning vs. C-slot in the consumer hardware is just not going to work.

Glad to hear there is some signs of progress on the CE marking front. There are a lot of European fliers ready to burn lots of fine Aerotech AP, it's been a long drought over here.

Just another request to add to your list Joe....

A redline for the 38/1080 !!!!

Thanks for considering.

(snipped a little)
Hello to our friends across the pond!

It is a bit confusing but evidently the standards for these markings had not been totally established and getting motors over there would not have been that big of a problem. We are still unclear as to when the CE requirement actually became (becomes) "law"

From what we are understanding, we will need to supply some motors for testing before they allow us to put this CE marking on our motors. These motors will be sent to a testing facility somewhere in Germany which will certify the motors for the entire European region. We are planning on complying with any required information and/or tests in hopes to get this problem resolved.

CE became "law" on Jan 1st last year I think. That, and the relative drought of motors were the main reasons why no orders were made.
It is good to hear that the ball is rolling on both sides of the pond.
When I met Gary Rosenfield recently, things certainly seemed to look positive, but as with anything related to Governments (especially EU burocracy), these things take time and money.
Looking at the number of products which have obtained CE mark via the various European ENBs, It certainly appears to me that BAM (in Germany) is more ready than the others.
Hopefully we shall see AT motors back in the EU in time for the next season.

I heard that the new G40 will not be the same TI as the original. If that is the case, would that be case with the new G80 also? If so; will you go back to the original G40's and G80's when the casing issue is solved... I think there is enough 100 n/s G's out there...

Also... ideas for new motor production. The RMS 18/20 needs new loads. Bring back the C4W, C6W, and C12T for the competitive edge, and we also need a milder D for "Fliskits" style rockets is a must. A D8W would be cool... moongrain like the C4 was ;). Another interesting idea.... D6-FJ

Originally posted by Gregzo
Just another request to add to your list Joe....

A redline for the 38/1080 !!!!

Thanks for considering.

It is called the J825 and is on engineering hold. This motor has big bugs to work out.

Also: The G40 will initially go out at a lower impulse but we are already working on an idea to get that impulse back up to the previous model. Testing phase on this will be taking place in the next 4 weeks or so.

The G80 tests have not begun in this new molded case just yet. We are unsure of what the results will be until that takes place. Also looking at this in the next 4 weeks or so.

Back