Aerotech Single use

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo2801

Reaction score
Has anybody had problems with the aerotech su at this months ROCC Launch we had three catos on the pad they blew out the nozzles as the motor came up to pressure. 2-G35s & 1-G80.

Just Saturday we had a nozzle blow out on a F50 SU. It was COOL! No damage to the rocket, though! Whew!

Jason

I had a G80 cato on Saturday in my PML Quasar. The casing burned through just above the nozzle, and caused the rocket to go unstable about 100 feet up. It burned a hole right through the side of my Slimline retainer, but the bottom half of the rocket is ok. (Another reason to use a retainer, I know someone that had the whole bottom half of the rocket destroyed by the same type of cato.)

Guess I better report it to Aerotech. Sounds like they have a problem with some of these new SU motors. I'm sticking to G64's from now on.

Russ Anthony
NAR #817431 L1

Oh yeah... I had G35's cato on me (both Aerotech and Ellis), I have seen G80's cato... blew an Initator to pieces.

Any rocket motor can cato... some more than others....

That is why Aerotech redesigned the casing for their Econojets... I used to call them Ecatojets.

We have had few cato's at our club with AT motors, but have had several spit and sputter before launch.

Carl

Doug, do you know if AT is planning to use the new case design (like the F20s) in additional motors? I thought we chatted about this a while back, but forgot the particulars.

I have had 3 Aerotech G35's CATO one right after the other. Someone please tell me the odds of that.

Needless to say, the motor mount in my G-Force is basically trashed.

Latest posts

Back