Aerotech RMS Adapter question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTank

Reaction score
I cant see this being an issue but figured I would ask before I ordered the stuff.

Can I used my standard plugged/threaded forward closure with the adapter system and not purchase the “pass through” closure with threads for an eye bolt when using the floating forward closure? I cant see a reason why not (as I’m not using motor ejection) but im assuming the thread depth is the same on all the forward closures and it is simply pushing against the adapter sleeve when using it versus the o-ring/fiber washer/seal disk in a non-adapter load.

Yes, I believe that will work as long as you are also using the floating closure, it will not thread in all the way though for reasons that would be clear if you compared the closures side by side.

I cant see this being an issue but figured I would ask before I ordered the stuff.

Can I used my standard plugged/threaded forward closure with the adapter system and not purchase the “pass through” closure with threads for an eye bolt when using the floating forward closure? I cant see a reason why not (as I’m not using motor ejection) but im assuming the thread depth is the same on all the forward closures and it is simply pushing against the adapter sleeve when using it versus the o-ring/fiber washer/seal disk in a non-adapter load.

Yes, I believe that will work as long as you are also using the floating closure, it will not thread in all the way though for reasons that would be clear if you compared the closures side by side.

Thank you. I was definitely going to use the floating forward closure and adapter sleeves with the standard plugged/threaded closure just to hold it all in. That said, maybe ill just stop being a cheap ass and buy the additional forward closure/cap if it hasnt been tested in that configuration. ;-)

thanks again!

Back