Aerotech RMS 29/40-120 OUT-OF-STOCK??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luzwingnut

"Everyday... a new adventure!"
Reaction score
Just getting back into the hobby after a few decades...WOW have things changed!! Playing around with some of the LPR 18mm and 24mm stuff... scratch building an Estes Leviathan... 3.0" Body Tubes, Couplers, 1/8 plywood fins (got a pattern here at TRF) in an attempt to start amassing some MPR experience. Got an SA-14 Archer from NCR arriving in a few days... (2.6" BT). NO MOTOR CASES!! Everything in 29mm is OUT-OF-STOCK (mostly... found 1 or 2 places that still have them available). Ebay... which has pretty cheap shipping costs IF one shops around.... NOTHING! Plenty of end caps... but no casings! I've got cardboard I could roll and tape with some muzzle-loader powder...but??? Probably NOT the safest method. Is there a manufacturing supply problem or a "product discontinued" message on the way for these things? Currently on the waiting list at APOGEE... but GOOD GRIEF! Most ALL the online suppliers are "OUT-OF-STOCK." What gives?

Last edited:
WILDMAN and Sirius Rocketry have these, yes. Hence the comment from above "... found 1 or 2 places that have these available." These were the ONLY places, at least of which I was able to find. Everyone is OOS. Just wish to know IF the 29mm RELOADABLE ROCKET CASES by AEROTECH are being phased out. Perhaps just a supply backlog.

Searching through most of the PROPULSION threads here on TRF... surprised to find no one had pinged this.

Here you go:

https://wildmanrocketry.com/collections/hobby-line/products/rms-29-40-120

https://www.csrocketry.com/rocket-m...rotech-29/40-120-complete-motor-hardware.html

both at $74.99!

I have 5 of those cases, who knew they were a better investment than most stocks!

Tony
OMG YES! Looking through various postings from circa 2012 concerning these little buggers... thinking I may be on the back-side of a power/$$$ curve. These things have increased in price more than an ounce of gold and silver, no doubt!

You'll find several threads from TARC teams desperately looking for these cases. They were OOS for quite a while. I think Wildman had a run done and supplied several other dealers, but I could be wrong on that.

I used to fly a lot of the hobby line motors but haven't in several years. I still have a bunch of reloads left or I would sell my cases. The reason I have so many is I would load them all up the a few days before a launch so I would not have to mess with them at the field. The F40 is probably my favorite motor in that case, works with a lot of rockets and not nearly as long a walk as a G motor.

Tony

OMG YES! Looking through various postings from circa 2012 concerning these little buggers... thinking I may be on the back-side of a power/$$$ curve. These things have increased in price more than an ounce of gold and silver, no doubt!

Prices are getting way out of line especially for "entry" level hardware/reloads.

You'll find several threads from TARC teams desperately looking for these cases. They were OOS for quite a while. I think Wildman had a run done and supplied several other dealers, but I could be wrong on that.

I used to fly a lot of the hobby line motors but haven't in several years. I still have a bunch of reloads left or I would sell my cases. The reason I have so many is I would load them all up the a few days before a launch so I would not have to mess with them at the field. The F40 is probably my favorite motor in that case, works with a lot of rockets and not nearly as long a walk as a G motor.

Tony
Thanks, Tony. Just thought I'd drop a posting about this... see what turned up. My Can-Am 650 LOVES G-motors... and my legs LOVE my Can-Am 650. LOL.

WHAAA....WHAT....WHAT?? WM Club? DISCOUNT PRICES???

I'm all ears, Afterburner. What is "WM Club"? Just getting back into this hobby. Thanks!

Prices are getting way out of line especially for "entry" level hardware/reloads.

IMO, prices reflect the current cost of materials plus the labor involved in making a small, hiqh quality item for a niche market. Limited supply has been the new normal for quite some time.

Yes... I fully concur. "Niche market, supply chain variances and demand ratios...".

Hopefully, a few of the people who are at the top of the food-chain could chime in and give us some clarification in this matter.

As I stated in one of my postings on the "AOT" thread:
"We can sell you the rocket, but you'd like to purchase the motor, too??"

The OP of "AEROTECH OPEN THREAD" (May 2015), was started by General Manager at RCS/AeroTech/Quest, Charlie Savoie; hence, my redirect of this thread to his.

Additionally, who can't love a guy who annotates his position at Apogee Rockets as, "Chief Visionary Officer and Janitor", Tim Van Milligan.

We owe a lot to the guys who have staked out a position for themselves to enhance a hobby for all the rest of us to enjoy.

Just noticed this, another Texan on the ol' forum. Welcome back to the party Luz ! While you try to acquire the elusive hardware, don't pass up the single use and DMS motors; lots of fun to be had with those. Some good vendors have already been mentioned but I'll give you one from our little corner of heaven on earth:

Robert Watson
https://www.buyrocketmotors.com/

BTW, how are you fixed for a flying field ?

Luz,
Why go on a waiting list when you can get one NOW at Sirius Rocketry for less? I know they are not going to have it in stock for long at $63 and change. If you snooze you lose. Cheers.

Howdy Robert!

I'm in transition between completing my Master's Degree and planning a move to Houston next year. Gotta a lot on my plate at the moment. Not much of an interest in Model Rocketry in my neck-of-the-woods here in East Texas. Closest LHS is 35 miles away... no MPR stuff, though. Houston has some BIG ol' Rocketry clubs, I hear.... especially with the NASA compound near-by. Fiancé has family in Houston... and she's a big reason why I'm re-exploring model rocketry again.

My current fix on a flying field is a friend-of-the-family's 320 acre ranch where I hunt, fish, and ride my ATVs. For security and liability reasons... they'd prefer to just "keep it within the family and very close associates".

I have been STRONGLY considering the "single-use" stuff... so the link you've sent is especially welcomed. Thank YOU THANK YOU!!

I'm a brand-new face here at TRF... just joined up a few days, ago... and getting to meet some really great people, here! I AM LEARNING SO MUCH! Wow! Model Rocketry has REALLY grown... technically and otherwise!!

As a re-start newbie... need some folks that can help me watch my six... Thank you for your kindness and support, Robert.

Howdy Robert!
As a re-start newbie... ... Thank you for your kindness and support, Robert.

I'm not Robert, just a satisfied customer ! :)

Forget that "re-start newbie" jazz. You sir, are now a BAR, as are many of your fellow TRFers. Born Again Rocketeer, LOUD and PROUD !

You could join the Wildman Man and get it for around $50 and if you buy on his BSS you could probably get it cheaper. I buy 90% of my rocket supplies on his site, unless there's a specific kit I want that he doesn't carry, but as far as motors, hardware, building supplies etc. Tim has it all. For $30 it's a small price to pay when you consider the amount you will save over the long run. Just my two cents

Hey guys, ALL hobby hardware is in stock and your vendor should be all caught up in a week or less on their hobby hardware.

Back