• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Aerotech/RCS Used 98mm nozzles

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, I was inspired by the post looking for used cti nozzles. I fly aerotech and would love used 98mm and maybe even 75mm nozzles. I’d buy used 98mm for $15 each plus shipping as long as there’s 1.25” throat or smaller remaining. Would love to find someone who has a stash of these. Small chance but thought I’d check it out and see. I’d also be interested in used RCS (RCS only) liners that can have the ends cut off and center section reused. I’d pay $5/useable foot for any lengths greater than a foot. Thanks!

Dan

I know I've got a used 98mm AT nozzle from a K650T flight last year. I'll check if I've got more though...

Preston

I have cut a used Aerotech 98 mm nozzle in half. The heat damaged zone extends about 1/2" (depending on burn time) out from the throat. I do not reuse Aerotech nozzles even though they are expensive.

I have cut a used Aerotech 98 mm nozzle in half. The heat damaged zone extends about 1/2" (depending on burn time) out from the throat. I do not reuse Aerotech nozzles even though they are expensive.

Good point. I wouldn’t use one in a rocket anyway. These are purely for initial static testing with no instruments.

I've re-used 75 and 98mm Aerotech and CTI nozzles many times without a single issue. Your mileage may vary; just saying I've had 100% success in doing so. All in "flight motors". :cool:

I'll dig through the stash and see if I have extras....

Go Danny Go!

This is going great! I can’t even keep a count of how many used and new nozzles, liners, and even a couple cases that I have on the way thanks to this thread. Keep em coming, I’ll take as many as are out there!

Back