Aerotech Phoenix

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeG

Reaction score
We are having our annual R/C airshow at one of the local airports this weekend and since i am about the only rocket guy around that flies R/C too I was asked to bring some rockets for display.

I flew my Phoenix and it was the hit of the day. There were guys flying helicopters and giant scale airplanes, electrics, nitro, gas and flying machines of every shape and size. Even a flying lawnmower.

The announcer talked about the amazing "new technology" that allowed a glider to be rocket powered. I didn't have the heart to tell him we have been doing this for years.

I built this in the mid '90's and have flown it dozens of times. When the regular glider reloads weren't available I flew it on low impulse single use F's and G's.

Attached is a photo of my stuff in among a small part of the airplane contingency.
100_0682.jpg

Here are the photos from yesterday if you are interested.

https://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/joeG_album/vinton county 2009/

Fantastic!!! This is great, and I love the photo, showing the range of aerospace activities.

I've got to download this pic and put it on my wall at work, if that's okay?

Those rockets are quite impressive in amongst those planes. I wish we could do something like that out here. The jet was cool, too.

While they are all pieces of admiration, I have a soft spot for warbirds. The P51's are Tigers are great but that Mitchell Bomber is AWESOME.

We have a very well known RC field here in N.Phoenix. It's so well known I can't remember the name of it...lol Anywho, I was lucky enough to be driving by one day to see a monster P-38 lightning flying overhead. Very very cool. The best part about it, is it wasn't layed out with Invasion stripes or typical European Theatre markings. It's was straight out of the CBI (China Burma India) Theatre which is where my Grandfather was stationed while flying 38's.

Fantastic!!! This is great, and I love the photo, showing the range of aerospace activities.

I've got to download this pic and put it on my wall at work, if that's okay?

Yeah, sure. I'm just a point and shoot photographer.

You have my permission. :)

Very nice pic, you captured some very nice and well crafted planes and rockets.

Back