AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assembled a M1315 for a launch next weekend, abd the rear closure stopped with about an 1/8" to go. I know that some stickout is fine, but the instructions I have don't specify just how much is acceptable.PXL_20230321_040849064.MP.jpg

I assembled a M1315 for a launch next weekend, abd the rear closure stopped with about an 1/8" to go. I know that some stickout is fine, but the instructions I have don't specify just how much is acceptable.
"It is normal if a slight (1/32” to 1/16”) gap remains between the closure and the case, and the grains rattle slightly in the liner after tightening." https://d11fdyfhxcs9cr.cloudfront.net/templates/170652/myimages/m1315_1656428712783.pdf

Are you sure you have the seal disk and nozzle completely seated in the liner? I'm not sure exactly how the gap is defined but this might be OK.

Thanks a friend sent me the same link. I guess I'm not on my search game tonight. Sounds like it should be fine, and as someone who's been bitten by a too short liner, I'm very glad that they've been making the liners a tad longer. I just wish the current instructions would tell you how much of a gap on the rear closure is acceptable.
Yes, 1/8” is fine. As you mentioned, we’ve been cutting the liners a bit longer to ensure that the forward seal disk has no room to move away from the liner. I will look at revising the instructions to note that a larger gap is acceptable.

Last edited:
How did you like them? :D
That M-2225 is an absolute BEAST of a motor. Look a 35+ pound (fully loaded with the motor) to 9K + change.

That K-1800 is also a killer load, beautiful flame, tons of lifting power. I'm glad I bought 2 and still have one more on the shelf. :headspinning:

Any plans for more non hazmat 38mm high power motors? I really like the I180W reload but it would be nice to have a larger "I" reload available with standard shipping.

Possibly an odd request of the M-2225. Is it possible to reduce the propellant slightly and certify it as an L? The jump from L to M is significant on the safe distance table and the motor will be accessible to L2 fliers. Aerotech already sells several baby Ms for the 75/5120 case. Having a full L white lightning would be great for L2 fliers.

Back