AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the clarification Tom, I got lost when the discussion wandered over to motor eject vs altimeter firing a charge. We were talking about 75mm motors, right?
I'm an Aerotech fan, my "customer trust" is based on historical success with their products. If they sell it, I will buy it and fly it.

Since my other thread was blessedly locked (was having a bad day and let it really get to me), but just wanted to update that of course (I never had any doubt) AT helped me out after my G138 CATO. I even was able to speak to Karl on the phone. There is a video from AT out there with better instructions on how to make this reload fly smoothly (namely lots of grease and tape the forward end). Just wanted to make sure AT was recognized for continuing to provide great service.

I will actually be skiing later this week just a few minutes from their HQ - maybe I will stop and take a selfie like I did when I visited Silicon Valley.

Here's a link to my vNARCON PowerPoint presentation tonight during the Manufacturers' Forum:

vNARCON 2023 Manufacturers' Forum Presentation

I was under the impression that we could register/buy tickets at any time.... But the Ticket Buying place says it has "Ended". :(

If someone will show me how to get a ticket, I might buy one or two and support NAR, though I am not yet a member.

That and a Classic Enerjet motor is as retro as you can get!!

That is fun that AeroTech brought back the Nike-Ram kit. I remember that I had one of those from Centuri 50 years ago.
If true to the original, don't forget the payload weight or it will be unstable on the Fs. Found out the hard way in 1971 with the kit and an F67-14.

I am thinking an Enerjet cluster in my stretched IROC might be in order. 7 x F67C's would be absolutely awesome. Wish there was another larger motor for the central 38mm that wouldn't wash out the radial F67C's though. It'll be fine on 7 F's......maybe Mini MWP!??!?!

Love the release notes on the ST motors being perfect for large/heavy rockets on small fields. Exactly our thoughts when we dreamed up the idea in the this thread one year ago. From an idea and an ask, to a successful product launch, to production in a single year. LOVE IT!!!

The J1265ST....WHOA?!!?!??! WHAT?!?!?!?! Where did THAT come from!? Yeah, I want to demo that baby at Mini MWP, please?!

DMS bigboy motors.....ahhhh, good to see single shot big motors again. I think this will lower the bar for entry for some that cannot/don't want to invest in hardware they might not fly that often.

Very interested in what "bigger" motors you have in store for the new upgraded test stand.... :bravo: 🤠🤠

Big thank you to the entire Aerotech family.

Also.....I have an idea for that long burn K motor...

If true to the original, don't forget the payload weight or it will be unstable on the Fs. Found out the hard way in 1971 with the kit and an F67-14.
Thanks for that heads up. Then again, the new F motors are lighter than the originals. If Bob Sanford is listening, he may want to chime in.

I am thinking an Enerjet cluster in my stretched IROC might be in order. 7 x F67C's would be absolutely awesome. Wish there was another larger motor for the central 38mm that wouldn't wash out the radial F67C's though. It'll be fine on 7 F's......maybe Mini MWP!??!?!

Love the release notes on the ST motors being perfect for large/heavy rockets on small fields. Exactly our thoughts when we dreamed up the idea in the this thread one year ago. From an idea and an ask, to a successful product launch, to production in a single year. LOVE IT!!!

The J1265ST....WHOA?!!?!??! WHAT?!?!?!?! Where did THAT come from!? Yeah, I want to demo that baby at Mini MWP, please?!

DMS bigboy motors.....ahhhh, good to see single shot big motors again. I think this will lower the bar for entry for some that cannot/don't want to invest in hardware they might not fly that often.

Very interested in what "bigger" motors you have in store for the new upgraded test stand.... :bravo: 🤠🤠

Big thank you to the entire Aerotech family.

Also.....I have an idea for that long burn K motor...
Someone should fly 3 of the F67Cs in a full scale 2250 replica to legally recreate Larry Brown's Enerjet demo flight at NARAM-14 in Seattle in 1972... :p

We certainly appreciate the input from all of you on this thread and as you can see it occasionally results in a product that closely meets your requests and expectations. ;)

If you want the truth, the J1265ST came from a batch of nozzled DMS cases that had the throats drilled oversize. So Karl B. had the idea of making a new motor that could use those cases, and the rest is history. In similar fashion, that is how the 38mm H283ST was created. :rolleyes: We seem to be developing a pattern of turning lemons into lemonade...

The DMS big boy motors will be expensive but probably less than buying the hardware + reload. It's just the way of things right now.

6" motors are on the horizon, I'll have more info to share later. They will be costly and are more intended for colleges and university rocket teams.

The K62N would be a nice upper stage for a K1265ST or K2050ST booster. :)

Someone should fly 3 of the F67Cs in a full scale 2250 replica to legally recreate Larry Brown's Enerjet demo flight at NARAM-14 in Seattle in 1972... :p

We certainly appreciate the input from all of you on this thread and as you can see it occasionally results in a product that closely meets your requests and expectations. ;)

If you want the truth, the J1265ST came from a batch of nozzled DMS cases that had the throats drilled oversize. So Karl B. had the idea of making a new motor that could use those cases, and the rest is history. In similar fashion, that is how the 38mm H283ST was created. :rolleyes: We seem to be developing a pattern of turning lemons into lemonade...

The DMS big boy motors will be expensive but probably less than buying the hardware + reload. It's just the way of things right now.

6" motors are on the horizon, I'll have more info to share later. They will be costly and are more intended for colleges and university rocket teams.

The K62N would be a nice upper stage for a K1265ST or K2050ST booster. :)
I will inform my boss that I will unfortunately need a large raise.

Will the Nike-Ram use Quest T-35 tube? Is that as thick as the original 1.34” tube?

And will it come in that really cool box all tied down inside?

Last edited:
Finally got to fly the Quest E35 today, a motor I've been wanting to fly ever since it was announced. I was not disappointed. As I said in another post elsewhere, a full E at near-Estes prices with the visual and aural impact of White Lightening all adds up to an instant classic in my book. Well done!

Finally got to fly the Quest E35 today, a motor I've been wanting to fly ever since it was announced. I was not disappointed. As I said in another post elsewhere, a full E at near-Estes prices with the visual and aural impact of White Lightening all adds up to an instant classic in my book. Well done!
Thanks, Stephen! Glad you enjoyed it.

Will the Nike-Ram use Quest T-35 tube? Is that as thick as the original 1.34” tube?

And will it come in that really cool box all tied down inside?
Yes, it will use the Quest 35mm tubing. It is similar to the original tube.

We're not planning on duplicating the original box packaging. Unless you want a $50-$60 kit instead of $30. ;)

Back