AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the propellant difference between I357T and I300T? They're both BT so why is one faster burning than the other? How about the BT loads for 240, 600, and 720 cases? Which is which?
I300T and I435T use a slower version of Blue Thunder. There is no Blue Thunder load for the 38/720 case (yet). The DMS I500T would be a close approximation.

Thanks Tony

I was looking at that drawing as well and the grain callouts in the BOM but was not sure what the slot width is and what the 3/4" slot width is referenced to. 3/4" from the edge of the grain OD?

Based on the section view of the motor, the grain perforation looks almost like a c-slot. If it is truly a moon burner and core is 3/4", any idea on the offset distance? I could scale it from the drawing but not 100% sure the drawing is accurate to the actual grain.

If it is a moon burner and the section view is correct. The central port doesn't align with the center of the closure so HEI will be a challenge for the method I was going to pursue.

Was combing google images hoping someone out there took a picture of a grain but didn't find anything.
HEI has been accomplished on offset core motors by chamfering the forward end of the forward grain, in a similar manner to the aft grain for through-the-nozzle igniter placement.

I300T and I435T use a slower version of Blue Thunder. There is no Blue Thunder load for the 38/720 case (yet). The DMS I500T would be a close approximation.
Which version is the one avaliable on the RCS website? Is there 2 different burn rate propellants?

Regular Blue Thunder, 8121T. There are two types.
Which motors use the 8121T and which motors use the other type? Based on your other post I assume the H242 and I357 use the 8121T? Is there other 38mm propellants that have different variations used in different reloads?

I bought an I300T earlier in the year and flew it in my Wildman Jr. at MWP and was pleasantly surprised. Stout launch and great flight. Will be buying more of them in the future. Also bought an I435T on Wildman Wednesday as a booster for my Nike-Apache. Also a new motor for me and looking forward to that as well!

Which motors use the 8121T and which motors use the other type? Based on your other post I assume the H242 and I357 use the 8121T? Is there other 38mm propellants that have different variations used in different reloads?
Yes. Slow White Lightning is used in some of the longer 38mm loads.

I'm off of high power stuff for a bit. For the launch Saturday, I don't want to be chasing stuff for any distance. A long time ago, I built a 24mm to 29mm adapter. Today I drug it out and got it ready to use. I was also thinking that the body tube might be a little big for the ejection charges that typically come with AT 24mm RMS (24/40, 24/60) motors. I *could* do the tape ring trick, but I was looking for something a bit more elegant. To my great surprise, the delay section of the top end cap is right at 18mm OD. This means a BT20 tube fits snugly over it.

charge.jpg

I just had a package of tubes and nozzles for the Hobbyline cases delivered with a big crease in the middle. Big thanks to the folks from RCS/Aerotech who took the care to package everything so nicely because there was no damage at all!
Thanks for letting us know, I’ll pass that on to the team!

I just had a package of tubes and nozzles for the Hobbyline cases delivered with a big crease in the middle. Big thanks to the folks from RCS/Aerotech who took the care to package everything so nicely because there was no damage at all!
Back when you could order spare parts from Quest (alas spares have never returned to the new website), some body tubes I ordered arrived with the best packing I've ever seen for cardboard tubes. The packing was a work of art, and it would have been nigh impossible for the shipper to have damaged them. I was impressed.

Sure have!!! That’s a fun motor to be sure.

Next up, the 18mm F55 (believe that’s what it was). Never was able to get my hands on one.

Might be confusing the ‘55’ with the 24mm SU G motor. Did fly those several times

Those have been around a while, and lots of people have flown them. What is the date code on that package...the 90's?
I believe it is '89.

I am not sure which rocket I should spend it on but I would sure like to get more!😂 I guess thats the way it is with good things.

I believe it is '89.

I am not sure which rocket I should spend it on but I would sure like to get more!😂 I guess thats the way it is with good things.
The year I graduated High School...as long as the igniter goes in and it lights its probably OK.

Those have been around a while, and lots of people have flown them. What is the date code on that package...the 90's?
When AeroTech first blister carded the mass-market motors in 1989 the print on the labels was too small.
After one or two motor production runs these labels were replaced with ones having larger print.
I would place that E25 motor in the 1990-1992 time frame after which the motor was discontinued.

Back