AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally would like to see Propellant x in the 852 and 1280 case too.

And I was just talking to another rocket friend of mine, and we were discussing how we wish the K550 still had the Medusa nozzle. I never flew one with a medusa nozzle.
You can get a Medusa nozzle from RCS if you were so inclined. Or just fly a J415.

From 2019 until now the M1315 went from $335 to $456, a 36% increase. The calculator says it should be $362.
The N2000 went from $950 to $1216, a 28% increase. The calculator says it should be $1025.
However, this calculator under estimates inflation. My grocery bill has increased about 40% in the last 2 years. My electric bill has also increased 39% per KWH in the same time frame.

propellant x burns quite fast and hot, not overly suprising it didn't work. Should slow it down with Oxamide.
I have some friends who have tried making a slower version of propellant x. It burns just as hot, and for a longer time. It's wrecked every casing they've tried firing it in due to the longer burn times allowing for higher heat transfer into the casing.

If we're talking about fantasy motors, a mini O5280 would be really cool. A extra long 75mm DMS Propellant X motor that's up at the top of the M impulse range would be awesome.

From 2019 until now the M1315 went from $335 to $456, a 36% increase. The calculator says it should be $362.
The N2000 went from $950 to $1216, a 28% increase. The calculator says it should be $1025.
However, this calculator under estimates inflation. My grocery bill has increased about 40% in the last 2 years. My electric bill has also increased 39% per KWH in the same time frame.
Obviously, we didn’t keep up with inflation every year.

RCS Super Loki Motor Assembly-​

NOW ON SALE AT 33% OFF!

OWN A PIECE OF U.S. SPACE PROGRAM HISTORY!

ALSO, FOR A LIMITED TIME AND WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, ALL SUPER LOKI ROCKET MOTOR ASSEMBLY ORDERS WILL INCLUDE A LOKI DART (A $500 VALUE) AT NO EXTRA CHARGE! THIS IS A COMBINED $2,000 VALUE FOR $1,000, THAT'S HALF PRICE!

https://www.rocketmotorparts.com/Super_Loki_Motor_Assembly-_Single/p1577809_19996788.aspx

View attachment 548717
I've been needing office decor... :)

RCS Super Loki Motor Assembly-​

NOW ON SALE AT 33% OFF!

OWN A PIECE OF U.S. SPACE PROGRAM HISTORY!

ALSO, FOR A LIMITED TIME AND WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, ALL SUPER LOKI ROCKET MOTOR ASSEMBLY ORDERS WILL INCLUDE A LOKI DART (A $500 VALUE) AT NO EXTRA CHARGE! THIS IS A COMBINED $2,000 VALUE FOR $1,000, THAT'S HALF PRICE!

https://www.rocketmotorparts.com/Super_Loki_Motor_Assembly-_Single/p1577809_19996788.aspx

View attachment 548717
Any casting mandrels available if someone were to buy one? Asking for a friend.

Heck with...with some Researching around on the RCS site you might even find a formula to go along with this ...and other pertinent information to go along with this setup.

"The motor was lined with 250 grams of an HTPB-based formulation which consisted of:"

Tony

We're taking the Super Lokis off the store temporarily because we can't find any more of the dart fin units. We only found enough for the individual orders received so far.

Does anyone know the slot dimension of the top grain for the M685W?

Designing a HEI closure right now and need to verify this.

Thanks!

Thanks Tony

I was looking at that drawing as well and the grain callouts in the BOM but was not sure what the slot width is and what the 3/4" slot width is referenced to. 3/4" from the edge of the grain OD?

Based on the section view of the motor, the grain perforation looks almost like a c-slot. If it is truly a moon burner and core is 3/4", any idea on the offset distance? I could scale it from the drawing but not 100% sure the drawing is accurate to the actual grain.

If it is a moon burner and the section view is correct. The central port doesn't align with the center of the closure so HEI will be a challenge for the method I was going to pursue.

Was combing google images hoping someone out there took a picture of a grain but didn't find anything.

What is the propellant difference between I357T and I300T? They're both BT so why is one faster burning than the other? How about the BT loads for 240, 600, and 720 cases? Which is which?

Back