AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fly my scratch built rocket on the AT D15-7T motor in the 24/40 RMS case as my test flight at the field to see wind direction and landing zones for higher flying rockets.

20220811_231106.jpg

It only goes 600' on this load and needs a 5 second delay (I think I based this on flying the black powered D12-5 and do not have altimeter data to verify this) to deploy the main at apogee. The 7sec is not crazy long but it's nose down for a second if I don't trim the delay.
I use a 1/4" drill and try to drill about 1/8th depth and dump the shavings in the void above the fuel grain. I assumed Aerotech was similar to my other trimble delays at 1/16" for 2 seconds, good to know otherwise. I did fly this load recently and the event was just after apogee. I will try and get flight data and 4 sec delays in the future.

20220811_231002.jpg

I just picked up some AT D9-7W loads also and look forward to dialing in the trimed delay on that load also.

Last edited:
I fly my scratch built rocket on the AT D15-7T motor in the 24/40 RMS case as my test flight at the field to see wind direction and landing zones for higher flying rockets.

View attachment 531987

It only goes 600' on this load and needs a 5 second delay to deploy the main at apogee. The 7sec is not crazy long but it's nose down for a second if I don't trim the delay.
I use a 1/4" drill and try to drill about 1/8th depth and dump the shavings in the void above the fuel grain.

View attachment 531986

I just picked up some AT D9-7W loads also and look forward to dialing in the trimed delay on that load also.
That seems like a lot of delay grain taken out.

It only goes 600' on this load and needs a 5 second delay to deploy the main at apogee. The 7sec is not crazy long but it's nose down for a second if I don't trim the delay.
I use a 1/4" drill and try to drill about 1/8th depth and dump the shavings in the void above the fuel grain.

1/8" is 4 seconds off the delay. Not sure why you'd dump the shavings in the motor, either; there's no upside to that.

All items listed will be removed from our 11-page AeroTech Mid-Power & High-Power Order Form / Price List.

Will they still be listed on the Master Motor Matrix? Side ask, will we soon see a 2022 updated Master Motor Matrix reflecting the newly released motors?

🤷‍♂️ your little snipe was probably the 5th post today I rolled my eyes at, that's all. I won't deny your personal experience, but I quoted the manufacturer's guidance.
Yes, my ledge comment was a snipe, and i take full responsibilityfor it, even regret it somewhat. But some decent advice in respose to my prior post would have been better received than an "eye roll". At least you got some emojis to download out of it. I'm done...you win.

We listened and responded to your comments and suggestions. If you are interested in purchasing any of the listed seasonal motor production items, please contact your favorite AeroTech dealer immediately.
Thank you for doing that. I appreciate it very much.

The K750ST is a winner!!!

I have a feeling this and the 2-grain version are going to be really popular.

Justin has some really good stills that i believe he will post later.

Rocket was 10lbs dry and flew to 3500'. PERFECT motor for bigger rockets on challenging fields/conditions.

Thank you Aerotech!!!

Last edited:

Rocket was 10lbs dry and flew to 3500'. PERFECT motor for bigger rockets on challenging fields/conditions.

Thank you Aerotech!!!

Confirmed, really nice motor. Cant wait to see the K-1800 as well! Typical that the photos and video do not do the motor justice. :cool:
DSC_6786.JPG

Thank you Aerotech!!!

Nice! I am very much looking forward to trying the K750 and the K1800 out in 4 x 75mm cluster configurations. Should make for some impressive flights.

I've got a few questions regarding propellants avaliable on the RCS website. Sorry if a few have already been asked. I tried my best to search this thread beforehand.

Any chance of 38mm and 29mm Mojave Green propellant sticks?

Any chance of 29mm (maybe even 24mm?) Dark matter propellant sticks?

Any chance of super thunder in all the sizes? 24mm(?) - 98mm? The 29mm stick currently avaliable has an odd size, specifically for the H13.

Back