AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Weren't they "loadable" or something like that? Some construction for the single-user motors?
That was my guess as well. These are all SU designations, I’m guessing some came as “loadable” motors at some point.

Some assembly required, do not attempt to reload.

What is the meaning of the "/L" in some designations? In the ThrustCurve.org DB I have several motors with this style:
  • F20W/L
  • F42T/L
  • G78G/L
  • F23FJ/L
  • G79W/L
  • G77R/L
  • F27R/L
Is that correct or is that an artifact of scraping at one time or another?
Short for LMS loadable motor system possibly, I had a bunch of these motors at one time.

From another thread...
The ‘F’ LMS were discontinued. The O-ring groove is an artifact of an earlier motor design where we were hoping to reuse the casing several times (“limited use RMS”). When everything worked correctly, we could get three or four firings out of a casing. However, we had occasional problems getting the O-ring to remain in the groove when the forward bulkhead was installed, so the idea was abandoned.

Aerotech, any chance of Black Max 24mm Q-Jets? Or even better, Black Max E and F loads for the 24/40 case? (I know about the F62 for the 24/60 and the F12 for the 24/40.) I guess probably not given the discontinuation of so much FJ, but I love the 24/40 case and would love FJ motors with similar thrust curves to the E18 and F24.

What is the meaning of the "/L" in some designations? In the ThrustCurve.org DB I have several motors with this style:
  • F20W/L
  • F42T/L
  • G78G/L
  • F23FJ/L
  • G79W/L
  • G77R/L
  • F27R/L
LMS. Single-use motor kits.

Aerotech, any chance of Black Max 24mm Q-Jets? Or even better, Black Max E and F loads for the 24/40 case? (I know about the F62 for the 24/60 and the F12 for the 24/40.) I guess probably not given the discontinuation of so much FJ, but I love the 24/40 case and would love FJ motors with similar thrust curves to the E18 and F24.
Perhaps someday. We need to sell the ones that are already released. 😉

The E11-3J reload in a stock Big Daddy is dead perfect. Hope those stay around for a while. Maybe the F12 and other motors are good too, but the E11/Big Daddy combination is so perfect that you don't play with it.

Thanks for the great motors Aerotech provides for us, small to large.

Sandy.

Took the day off work today as I had two doctors appointments within a few hours of each other. The plus side is that I didn't go to work. Another plus side is that it was a beautiful day here in northern Illinois. And another plus is that I live just over an hour from Wildman's and as such, I pickup my orders in person because, I am cheap and would rather drive then pay for shipping.

Given the post earlier this week about AT "discontinuing" some slow moving motors, and some of those are my fav's (Warp9). I went on Tim's website and bought some of the motors I really enjoy and another that I have not flown, but one that is for a case that I am building a rocket SPECIFICALLY for; 75/1280 (K1499N). And the L special X load for Airfest.

So today, between Dr. appointments, I drove out to bug Tim in person and pickup my "discontinued" motor order.

I got something special though that I was not expecting, and ended up forking out some extra cash for an unexpected and long awaited purchase while I was at the shop.....(last picture).

And here, is where I won, and my wallet lost.....

Thank you to Jackie for stepping in and quietly walking out to storage and bringing the last load into the shop and putting it in my hand when I said to Tim "So WHEN are the dealers going to get the K750ST?!?! I WANT THAT RELOAD!!!"

Thank you to AT for listening to your customers and spinning up a Super Thunder load for the 75mm single grain case, and in such a short period of time. Really looking forward to this one. Not sure if I am going to fly this at Bong or at Airfest......

BTW, I bought the last one. They sold them all in one day. I think its safe to say the community was excited to try out this new load. :)

View attachment 530118

View attachment 530119

View attachment 530120
K750ST, TWA/Bong on the 13th???

PLEASE!? :)

The 24mm Q-Jets or the 24/40 loads? Which ones don't sell well? I personally like all the White Lightning options in both, but I don't really like small Blue Thunder and the 24/40 Black Jack loads need light, draggy rockets that I don't have. Black Max is a closer match to White Lightning in terms of performance and I enjoy black smoke. The C12 and D16 Q-Jets are my favorite 18mm motors.

K750ST, TWA/Bong on the 13th???

PLEASE!? :)
If you plan on flying that motor on the 13th, I will have to rearrange my life a tad to attend....

He (StreuB1) has one that he got from Wildman last week. Justin is trying to goad him into flying it at Bong this weekend.
Keeping my fingers crossed...

Last edited:
  • F20W/L
  • F42T/L
  • G78G/L
  • F23FJ/L
  • G79W/L
  • G77R/L
  • F27R/L
I think these are the EconoJet motors offered in 2-paks.

We listened and responded to your comments and suggestions. If you are interested in purchasing any of the listed seasonal motor production items, please contact your favorite AeroTech dealer immediately.

Attention AeroTech Consumers:

Due to an overwhelming response from our AeroTech dealers and consumers, we have decided to alter the criteria for our “Discontnued Product Program” and move towards an approach of “Intermittent Seasonal Producton” for our lower volume products. Below is the same listing of products, from our current product line, that was sent out to our AeroTech dealers on Monday, July 25th, 2022. This listing includes products with both a current available inventory and “0” inventory. We are going to reopen the opportunity for our AeroTech dealers to order any items on this list, one more time over the next 2 weeks, regardless of current inventory levels. This dealer ordering opportunity will end on Friday, August 19th, 2022 at 5:00pm MDT. The lead time for items ordered from this list by AeroTech dealers will be 6 to 8 weeks, or sooner if possible. If you are interested in purchasing these products during this seasonal production opportunity, please contact your favorite AeroTech/Quest Rocket Dealer to place your orders now. Remember, when quantities are gone these products will only be produced and available on an intermittent seasonal production basis. It may be a year or more before they are made available again.

All items listed will be removed from our 11-page AeroTech Mid-Power & High-Power Order Form / Price List. These items may continue to be intermittently produced in the future, on a seasonal or once annual basis, at AeroTech’s discretion. For additional information please contact the AeroTech/Quest Customer Service Department at [email protected] or call (435) 865-7100, ext. 2#.

As always, thank you for your continued support of the AeroTech/Quest product line.

Best Regards,
AeroTech/Quest Customer Service Team
AeroTech/Quest Division
RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc.
2113 W 850 N
Cedar City, UT 84721
Ph: 435-865-7100 Ext. 2
Fax: 435-865-7120
Email: [email protected]

Unknown.png

Great News! I'm gathering up and breaking open all the piggy banks! I've got a project that really needs some of the 38/360 H999 Warp9 reloads.

We listened and responded to your comments and suggestions. If you are interested in purchasing any of the listed seasonal motor production items, please contact your favorite AeroTech dealer immediately.

Attention AeroTech Consumers:

Due to an overwhelming response from our AeroTech dealers and consumers, we have decided to alter the criteria for our “Discontnued Product Program” and move towards an approach of “Intermittent Seasonal Producton” for our lower volume products. Below is the same listing of products, from our current product line, that was sent out to our AeroTech dealers on Monday, July 25th, 2022. This listing includes products with both a current available inventory and “0” inventory. We are going to reopen the opportunity for our AeroTech dealers to order any items on this list, one more time over the next 2 weeks, regardless of current inventory levels. This dealer ordering opportunity will end on Friday, August 19th, 2022 at 5:00pm MDT. The lead time for items ordered from this list by AeroTech dealers will be 6 to 8 weeks, or sooner if possible. If you are interested in purchasing these products during this seasonal production opportunity, please contact your favorite AeroTech/Quest Rocket Dealer to place your orders now. Remember, when quantities are gone these products will only be produced and available on an intermittent seasonal production basis. It may be a year or more before they are made available again.

All items listed will be removed from our 11-page AeroTech Mid-Power & High-Power Order Form / Price List. These items may continue to be intermittently produced in the future, on a seasonal or once annual basis, at AeroTech’s discretion. For additional information please contact the AeroTech/Quest Customer Service Department at [email protected] or call (435) 865-7100, ext. 2#.

As always, thank you for your continued support of the AeroTech/Quest product line.

Best Regards,
AeroTech/Quest Customer Service Team
AeroTech/Quest Division
RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc.
2113 W 850 N
Cedar City, UT 84721
Ph: 435-865-7100 Ext. 2
Fax: 435-865-7120
Email: [email protected]

View attachment 531104
Thank you for the update. I think this is an excellent compromise solution, hopefully it turns out to be a workably profitable one. I look forward to flying some of these if/when I get opportunities to do so.

First up will likely be the 18mm and 32mm glider motors, maybe sometime in the next two years, if that’s at all a meaningful data point.

I'm right on the edge of getting into reloadable motors and this drama makes me real nervous. Cases are expensive.

The hardware is a pretty safe bet. Other reload options for a case are almost always available, especially if you pick the middle of the road cases for a given diameter.
Most of my hardware was purchased in the last millennium and there are many more reloads available for all of it now than there were when it was purchased.

Last edited:
I'm right on the edge of getting into reloadable motors and this drama makes me real nervous. Cases are expensive.

Nothing to worry about, especially with the ‘RAS’ being available.

Pick a few loads you would like to fly and buy the case(s) needed for them.

All will be good

Back