AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likely difficult to answer, but when would you anticipate dealers like Tim being able to get their hands on some of those K750ST's?

I would fly one at Mini Midwest Power at the end of May if they were available.

How can people like myself get their hands on a few? Email Tim and tell him there is a need? Would be a nice load to have for summer flights at Bong so as to stay away from the trees.
We know flyers want them and we will make them available at the earliest opportunity. In the meantime, we are still catching up with orders of existing product.

Hey @AeroTech , you took the bait on a single grain 75mm ST load.

How about a 98mm multi-grain in Warp9......:haironfire::haironfire::haironfire:

Or, how bout a 6 grain 98mm load or......what case length do I need to machine to accept the N5800 that Tim has in stock as a crossload? :bravo:

Two grain 98mm Warp 9 sounds like it would come apart pretty quick

Would be freakin awesome if it could work. …or better in a 75.

Yes, biased to the 75mm motors

Hey @AeroTech , you took the bait on a single grain 75mm ST load.

How about a 98mm multi-grain in Warp9......:haironfire::haironfire::haironfire:

Or, how bout a 6 grain 98mm load or......what case length do I need to machine to accept the N5800 that Tim has in stock as a crossload? :bravo:
It's hard to contain multiple grains of Warp-9 in hardware. ;-) Also, the larger Warp-9 reloads don't sell very well.

It's hard to contain multiple grains of Warp-9 in hardware. ;-) Also, the larger Warp-9 reloads don't sell very well.
Something about they rip the fins off rockets....fun to watch though, would love to have a W9 load for the 24/60, flew a CTI F240 Vmax in my Lil' Fusion and just want MOAR!

I just want

In 75 mm there is one reload , the K1499.
In 98mm there is the K1999 , the L339 ( end burner version ) and the N10,000 .

Honestly , I'd love to see more duel thrust motors using warp nine bumper grains . If you could do a 98mm 2 grain with 1 warp 9 and one FWL top grain , that would be a awesome baby M cert three motor or booster motor.

It's hard to contain multiple grains of Warp-9 in hardware. ;-)

Challenge accepted. 🙃

Also, the larger Warp-9 reloads don't sell very well.

That's unfortunate. I burn a few of them. Burned a K1999 2 weeks ago, H669 last weekend, got a few I1299's and another H669 in the reloads box. Will burn an I599 at mini midwest power. I think they're pretty badass. Might buy a J1799 next weekend as well for my 5" Jart.

I just want

In 75 mm there is one reload , the K1499.
In 98mm there is the K1999 , the L339 ( end burner version ) and the N10,000 .

Honestly , I'd love to see more duel thrust motors using warp nine bumper grains . If you could do a 98mm 2 grain with 1 warp 9 and one FWL top grain , that would be a awesome baby M cert three motor or booster motor.

Now thats an interesting idea. 98mm 2-grain or 3-grain dual thrust. Though, not sure if a single or even 2 grains of WL or SW would have enough gas production to support the throat area needed by the Warp9 grain and the rest of the stack. Not sure though.

Something tells me they have tried it......

And if not, they should and then film it and post the video.

Though, not sure if a single or even 2 grains of WL or SW would have enough gas production to support the throat area needed by the Warp9 grain and the rest of the stack. Not sure though.
Probably the biggest challenge would be maintaining combustion immediately after the Warp9 has strut its stuff. If you can get through the transient, then you should be okay generating a "useful" level of thrust with the slower stuff; albeit far from optimal.

TP

Last edited:
I have a general question for Aerotech. You have a huge motor selection already and I am sure managing that is a logistical nightmare. Fliers, I suspect like myself, love it! Is there anyway to simplify this by offering generic grains and nozzles in different arrangements? For example, if someone wanted double the thrust at half the time, sell grains with more surface area and use a nozzle with twice the throat area. I suspect you would still need to package these for each motor since having fliers messing around with this would not be certifiable/safe. Maybe you already do this or there area nuisances that make this more challenging. None-the-less it is impressive what you already sell and I look forward to trying out more of the current selection.

I have a general question for Aerotech. You have a huge motor selection already and I am sure managing that is a logistical nightmare. Fliers, I suspect like myself, love it! Is there anyway to simplify this by offering generic grains and nozzles in different arrangements? For example, if someone wanted double the thrust at half the time, sell grains with more surface area and use a nozzle with twice the throat area. I suspect you would still need to package these for each motor since having fliers messing around with this would not be certifiable/safe. Maybe you already do this or there area nuisances that make this more challenging. None-the-less it is impressive what you already sell and I look forward to trying out more of the current selection.
We already do it on the RCS site for Tripoli L2 or higher flyers.

Oh my, I just looked hard at the RCS site and that is awesome. Very awesome. A quick technical question. Could one make a 98 mm k1000ish by using simply a bigger nozzle and cutting the grain in half or thirds?
A Warp-9 grain? You would increase the (initial) thrust and pressure and risk failure by cutting the grain into shorter segments.

SuperThunder has almost the same performance as CTI VMax.
The N10000 is a VMax CTI load for the 98/15360 case and is barely an N.
There are several large SuperThunder loads available.
We had an N10500ST for the 98/15360 case on the design board but we haven't tested one yet. I think the core would have to be too big.

Latest posts

Back