AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may have been posted somewhere already - I did a search but couldn't find anything:

Is there a list of all the propellants that require the stainless steel forward seal discs?

only the super thunder loads require the stainless seal disk. that said, if you have it, no reason not to use it.

only the super thunder loads require the stainless seal disk. that said, if you have it, no reason not to use it.

I only have 1 x 75mm and 1 x 98mm SS discs. They are pretty expensive. So, wanted to make sure if I have multiple motors built for a launch day, I don't inadvertently use the wrong one. If I buy forward seal discs in the future, I will only buy the SS version.

Having said all that, I realized I was just being lazy. Went through Wildman's site and found only 5 motors that said the SS discs were required:

75mm:
L1256 WS-P - Super White Lightening
M2050X-PS - Propellant X

98mm:
L2500ST-PS - Super Thunder
M4500ST-PS - Super Thunder
M6000ST-PS - Super Thunder

Wildman doesn't carry the new L1940X, but I saw on another thread that it also requires the SS disc.

So, it appears that at least Super White Lightening, Propellant X, Super Thunder need the SS discs.

I plan to fly at least 3 of the motors listed above this weekend, so will have to assemble at least one at the field since I only have one of the 75mm discs.

I only have 1 x 75mm and 1 x 98mm SS discs. They are pretty expensive. So, wanted to make sure if I have multiple motors built for a launch day, I don't inadvertently use the wrong one. If I buy forward seal discs in the future, I will only buy the SS version.

Having said all that, I realized I was just being lazy. Went through Wildman's site and found only 5 motors that said the SS discs were required:

75mm:
L1256 WS-P - Super White Lightening
M2050X-PS - Propellant X

98mm:
L2500ST-PS - Super Thunder
M4500ST-PS - Super Thunder
M6000ST-PS - Super Thunder

Wildman doesn't carry the new L1940X, but I saw on another thread that it also requires the SS disc.

So, it appears that at least Super White Lightening, Propellant X, Super Thunder need the SS discs.

I plan to fly at least 3 of the motors listed above this weekend, so will have to assemble at least one at the field since I only have one of the 75mm discs.

I saw this and immediately went into a panic because I ordered an L1256 for my level 3 rocket's test flight and don't have an SS seal disc, but I went straight to the source and it's not the L1256WS that requires the SS seal disc, it's the L1940X.

http://aerotech-rocketry.com/upload...cd7d_AeroTech Master Motor Matrix 8-24-21.pdf

I'll need a 75 SS disc. Already have a 98 for the L2500 I flew a couple years ago. I'm surprised, the aluminum works fine in my 17 sec burn 98 D grain (N800).

@AeroTech Can you please clarify whether the stainless steel seal disk is needed for the L1256SW? I'd like to hear from the horse's mouth before running off to a vendor in a panic.
Just got off the phone with AT. the L1256 and M2050 require the SS seal disc.

@AeroTech How about a 6s delay F42? Nice motors for the price in the 4/8s versions. 6 could be useful, I keep making sims for potential builds that would be great with that 😃

This is what I see. Looks like a bad update killed permissions. But it's been 20 years since I've done website stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-071404.png
    Screenshot_20211030-071404.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 24
Our hosting company is migrating to a new server and it might be down for another week or so.

The completely redesigned AeroTech/Quest website should be online next month.

With things like updated catalogs and instructions and motor availability lists?

You guys (Aerotech) need to check your web server. It's only delivering error messages.

How easily do 38/54mm Dark Matter and Metalstorm propellants ignite?

I've mostly flown BT and White Lightning and would typically use a small piece of Thermalite to assist.

I've mainly used FirstFire igniters with DM motors since thats what they're supplied with and haven't had any duds. I give the igniter leads a little kink, and then a reverse kink just below the pyrogen to encourage the pyrogen to be in contact with the propellant core wall. Seems to work well since I don't have any duds (knock on wood).

Back