AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe a DM load for the 54/1280 case would have a good deal more impulse than the I327.

A DM load for the 54/1280 or 54/852 would be nice.

That said if we are requesting loads, would like to see the J1000 ST load (aerospike or not) for the 54/852 case. Yup, would buy several of those

I also would like 2 and 3 grain 75 mm DM loads as well as FJ loads for the same cases.
I would love to see a DM reload in the 75/2560 case, as well.

Can never have too many Dark Matter motors. I hope you can get the M1955 figured out. A 54/426 would be awesome as well as 75/2560 and 3840. The L1250 is one of my favorite motors. I have 4 in my stash!
I'd love to see a sparky load in the 75/2560 case, and it seems like I'm not alone. That case just needs more loads generally. I'm thinking Mojave Green as well.

Can you say I140 skid for the pro54 1g? Incredible motor. Takes my 4inch paper Iris clean outa sight. Make a 54/426 DM and I'm good for a dozen reloads!

I thought the I500 was a single use version of the I435 all this time, but it appears to be longer and higher impulse than the I435. Any chance of a RMS version for the 38/720 case?

Also Super Thunder for the 75/2560 and 75/3480 cases would be amazing!

29mm (1.000" O.D.) Blue Thunder™ propellant grain, 29mm (.995" O.D.) New Blue Thunder™ propellant grain, 38mm Metalstorm DM™ propellant grain and a 38mm DMS™ Baffle Disk have been added to the RCSThese were all requested by customers.

Wow! Hard to ask for more than that

I thought the I500 was a single use version of the I435 all this time, but it appears to be longer and higher impulse than the I435. Any chance of a RMS version for the 38/720 case?

Some of that is possible, but we’re running out of room to manufacture and store additional new products. We may need to wait until our new facility is completed.

How can I get a single O-ring? I've got a 29/40-120 reload, a G64, that is missing the delay O-ring (3/32" x 5/8"). I don't have another reload to take the O-ring from to shop/compare with.

Did AT make an SU I132 at one point? I have two marked I132 (masking tape) but uncertain on manufacturer. Casing looks to be AT though. Is it possible that this could be from Ellis, Vulcan or other?

YES TO THESE!!!! Love the blue loads. Both traditional Blue Thunder and the Super Thunder

How can I get a single O-ring? I've got a 29/40-120 reload, a G64, that is missing the delay O-ring (3/32" x 5/8"). I don't have another reload to take the O-ring from to shop/compare with.

I measured one and mine was around 0.102" cord diameter x 0.633" OD / 0.427" ID. Having said that, while trying to get the ID measurement just right, I dropped it, it hit my shoe and is now under something, somewhere. DOH!

In my case, I will likely fly an E16 or some other 29/40-120 motor and when disassembling it, I'll grab the o-ring and re use it after cleaning and re-lubing it. Not sure most people would, but those o-rings seems pretty decent to me after flight.

Anyway, hope you can use the dimensions to get what you need. If nothing else, maybe you can grab a used one from a club member and if it is clean and soft, you might be fine, but use your own judgement.

Sandy.

Did AT make an SU I132 at one point? I have two marked I132 (masking tape) but uncertain on manufacturer. Casing looks to be AT though. Is it possible that this could be from Ellis, Vulcan or other?
Yes we did. It was a 38mm C-slot White Lightning design that was pre-2001.

I132 in a Laser-LOC 1.5 simmed to 11000 ft. Flew one in 1989, still have one from then. First one is with a 54/1706 for size comparison.
Aerotech I132-1a.jpg Aerotech I132-2a.JPG

Interesting, I'll have to get a photo of mine... Mine has a stepped down tube for the ejection well.

It looks like prices are about to go up about 10% across the board for Aerotech products, effective October 1st.

I'm not too surprised, since the price of AP has gone up dramatically, and I think that has already forced other manufacturers to increase prices, but it is a bit annoying.

New Price list

It looks like prices are about to go up about 10% across the board for Aerotech products, effective October 1st.

I'm not too surprised, since the price of AP has gone up dramatically, and I think that has already forced other manufacturers to increase prices, but it is a bit annoying.

New Price list
Again? they went up about 30% a couple years ago :mad: :( and the price of AP tripled.

The aft grain of the 54mm J180T has a bump out on it. When I put the starter in, do I stop at the bump or put it all the way to the top like I would with any other motor?
It goes all the way in. The chamfer on the slot is to make it easier to find the slot with the starter.

It goes all the way in. The chamfer on the slot is to make it easier to find the slot with the starter.
Thanks. That makes sense, since the core is not centered. I’m using it as the motor for the sustainer in a two stage, so I think I will add a Pyrodex pellet at the top to enhance the likelihood of the motor starting.

The J180 is Blue Thunder and lights pretty easily. The White Lightning version, the J90, can be very difficult to light. Note that the core is a rectangular slot. Make sure any pellet you use won't fall out.

The J180 is Blue Thunder and lights pretty easily. The White Lightning version, the J90, can be very difficult to light. Note that the core is a rectangular slot. Make sure any pellet you use won't fall out.
I use blue thunder in a sustainer on purpose. But I’m lighting it with an ematch. I usually just wedge the pellet in at the top, but I’m going to have to glue this one in with some Elmers Glue All. it’s too thin for the slot and too tall to turn sideways.

Back