AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The B6-6W I flew was in an Alpha...and it took it to over 940 feet! Granted, we were starting at 8000 feet MSL, but still....that's crazy height for a B motor. The very same model, with the same type of altimeter in it, has done 630 feet twice on an Estes B6-4 when launched from near sea level and 20 feet or so higher on a Chinese Quest B6-4.To be fair I should fly it on an Estes B6-6 here.

The B6-4W I flew was in my currently active Nova Payloader. It went to 465 feet. Here near sea level on Estes B6-4s typical flights of that model are in the ~275 foot range.

Interesting. Since the total impulse is so similar, do you have any thoughts as to the difference in heights? Lower weight? More optimal thrust curve?

Interesting. Since the total impulse is so similar, do you have any thoughts as to the difference in heights? Lower weight? More optimal thrust curve?
Lower weight (a little) would be a factor. Beyond that, until I can fly some of them here so as to take out the effect of the high launch field altitude at Alamosa, I don't know.

But I have seen similar "more than just the little bit extra total impulse" performance with the Q-Jet C12s vs. Estes C6s so the shape of the time/thrust curve, at least on models that I like to fly, must be some part of it.

You can bet as soon as I can get some B6-4Ws and B6-6Ws beyond the sample of each Karl and Gary gave me at NSL, I will be flying them and measuring the results.

Does Aerotech have a resource for reload delay grains for hobby line motors? I bought packs and packs of reloads over the last 20 years. I've heard the motors themselves should work fine, but the delay grains should be replaced for reliability.

Jim

Does Aerotech have a resource for reload delay grains for hobby line motors? I bought packs and packs of reloads over the last 20 years. I've heard the motors themselves should work fine, but the delay grains should be replaced for reliability.

Jim

AeroTech Hobby Delay Kits (HDK) : Sirius Rocketry Online Store, For the Serious Rocketeer!

I bought a bunch last year for old Redline and Black Jack reloads as well as some for some old HP loads also. The ones I've used so far all worked well. WL loads, never had a problem with using the old delay elements that came with the reloads, some around 20 years old.

What happened to the "NEW" G8ST and G12ST that were recertified a few months ago ? I know you said release would be "later" ... . A number of Vendors have the H13 both with and without thrust rings, but that is just too many NSec... The G's look like fun...

I will keep checking for them, but an ETA would be nice.
Mike

What happened to the "NEW" G8ST and G12ST that were recertified a few months ago ? I know you said release would be "later" ... . A number of Vendors have the H13 both with and without thrust rings, but that is just too many NSec... The G's look like fun...

I will keep checking for them, but an ETA would be nice.
Mike
Soon... ;-)

Received my RCS order this morning. I have to applaud Aerotech for just how well packaged everything was. It survived shipping despite looking like ups used it as a door stop or 3. Everything inside was untouched.

I currently have a normal RMS delay adjustment tool. Can I use the drill bit portion with printed DMS and 54mm bodies? I have a launch this weekend, and I want to fly either a K695 or K400 with motor eject, instead of electronics.

38/1320 Reloads

Are there going to be any other reloads available for this case?

The J510 is a great reload, but some other options would be nice.

I currently have a normal RMS delay adjustment tool. Can I use the drill bit portion with printed DMS and 54mm bodies? I have a launch this weekend, and I want to fly either a K695 or K400 with motor eject, instead of electronics.
Yes, the drill and knob are identical. Be sure to double check the calibration before using.

What is the black powder ejection charge in the new 24mm Q-jets? Is it the same with both types, and all delay options?

D22-4, 7, 10

E26-4, 7, 10

Thank you.

Last edited:
Are there any plans for 24mm G motors?

+1.

Having a G-reload for 24/60 case might even justify buying that hardware.

Would love to get my hands on some more G110 and G55 24mm SU motors. Anyone know where I can find thrustcurves or .eng files for them (I know they are long OOP).

Aren't those OOP ?
Are they coming back?

a

Latest posts

Back