AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis Jurus flew the first public demo of the new Q-Jet by AeroTech 24mm E26-7W motor in his upscale Mosquito rocket at the Red Glare spring 2021 launch. Several other 24mm Q-Jet demos were flown, all successfully.
View attachment 457878

Dang, I'm sorry I missed out on that. I even had a Dyna-Star Flamethrower (2 x 24mm cluster) that would have made for a great demo with those. Unfortunately there wasn't enough time left to fly it after I flew all my HPR's that day.

Per a recent dealer request and our own R&D we have been working on RMS-98/22680 hardware. First planned reload is an RMS version of the DMS O5280X.View attachment 457875View attachment 457876

O my...
Looks like there’s gonna be one AT or comparable case that I won’t have...
Or I could not eat for two months...
Hmm, I do need to lose weight...:rolleyes:

Per a recent dealer request and our own R&D we have been working on RMS-98/22680 hardware. First planned reload is an RMS version of the DMS O5280X.View attachment 457875View attachment 457876
I really hope that this is real. Today might not be the best day to announce ambitious new products.

Are you planning on making a longburn reload for it as well? The N1600 that I've seen a few mentions of in the past looks like a really interesting motor.

According to a manager at our local Hobbytown store, AeroTech composite motor sales are now equal with their black powder motor sales.

He was very excited to hear about the upcoming 24mm ‘D’ and ‘E’ Q-Jets and I anticipate they will be devoting significant display space for them.
View attachment 457711
wish I had a lot of money. You would ALL be mine!o_O

I am very excited to see all the new stuff Aerotech is doing.

RMS-98/22680 looks amazing. I have been looking at the SU O 5280x for a while and think in a MD rocket could take the single stage O altitude record.

I have played with the idea of a 2 stage, O 5280x staged to a 75mm N motor project.

~John

Last edited:
I really hope that this is real. Today might not be the best day to announce ambitious new products.

Are you planning on making a longburn reload for it as well? The N1600 that I've seen a few mentions of in the past looks like a really interesting motor.
Yes, there is one under development as a DMS and possibly RMS.

8 grain (98/20480) static test D grain. Need to up the Kn some.
BTW, the 9 grain would be the longest using a standard length of liner. Longer Bates grain motors could be made with a liner joint in the middle of a grain.

I have posted in the past about the Duracell redesign and the lower current capability. There is an active discussion of this in the Facebook Tripoli group.

I have a question about the 54mm RMS motors. I assembled my first one (a K550) last weekend, and the assembly drawing shows the nozzle seated fully in the liner. On mine, the nozzle shoulder only goes about halfway in. The rest of the motor assembled fine, so I think that the liner is just short by a few millimeters. Is this something to worry about, or am I good to fly it next weekend?

Also, I don't know if it was just the larger parts or if it was some other factor, but it felt much easier to assemble than a 29 or 38 RMS motor.

I have a question about the 54mm RMS motors. I assembled my first one (a K550) last weekend, and the assembly drawing shows the nozzle seated fully in the liner. On mine, the nozzle shoulder only goes about halfway in. The rest of the motor assembled fine, so I think that the liner is just short by a few millimeters. Is this something to worry about, or am I good to fly it next weekend?

Also, I don't know if it was just the larger parts or if it was some other factor, but it felt much easier to assemble than a 29 or 38 RMS motor.

Did you feel any compression on the clousers when you tightened them down?

I feel the larger motors are eaiser to assemble. Wait untill you do your 1st 75mm very easy.

There should have been one to go on the shoulder of the nozzle before you put it in the liner. Sorta like the forward seal disk oring

I disassembled the motor and grabbed a few pictures. The first shows how far into the liner the nozzle will seat, when the forward seal disk is installed. The other two show the length of the liner.

It does look like the liner is somewhere around .1" or .15" shorter than specified on the assembly drawing. Worst case, I'll take the liner from another reload for the flight next weekend.

Attachments

• 20210410_181127_HDR.jpg
    20210410_181127_HDR.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210410_181730_HDR.jpg
    20210410_181730_HDR.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210410_181716_HDR.jpg
    20210410_181716_HDR.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Back