AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were some adjustments made in early production runs, but motors have been fired from each batch and all performed nominally. We will address the flashing issue in future production. Just poke it out and you should be OK.

What are the throat sizes for the C12- D16's supposed to be. All the Q jets I have look to be 1/16 in. They don't look "clean" like in post #3926?

There were some adjustments made in early production runs, but motors have been fired from each batch and all performed nominally. We will address the flashing issue in future production. Just poke it out and you should be OK.
I used a 3/32 inch bit in a handle to clear the nozzles on the two C18s in the picture a few posts up (#3926). It took almost no force, which I found reassuring. I flew one of those motors today. It worked perfectly.

Sorry for the poor quality. This is a video frame from a phone video taken by someone else on the field, that she then set to me via text message. I forgot to set up my own iPhone for the shot before I flew it.

IMG_3768_V2F_2020-12-23_13-50-57_867.PNG

Thanks for the actual nozzle throat sizes as well.

They are currently 0.100" for the C12 and .110" for the D16. The smallest throat used is 0.090" for the A3 and B4 motors.
I appreciate the different color plugs (Orange) for the D20 motors - the red plugs definitely don’t fit.

Speaking of Fast White (sort of), any thought about putting it in the long 24mm SU case (F32)? While the F32 fits a nice niche for me (always have one of each delay on hand), the roar & flame of Fast White would be even more fun, along with the potential for clustering. Or would that potentially have too much pressure for that case?

Sure appreciate the wide variety of AT motors currently available!

Good to hear and that’s a great shot, thanks!
I used a 3/32 inch bit in a handle to clear the nozzles on the two C18s in the picture a few posts up (#3926). It took almost no force, which I found reassuring. I flew one of those motors today. It worked perfectly.

Sorry for the poor quality. This is a video frame from a phone video taken by someone else on the field, that she then set to me via text message. I forgot to set up my own iPhone for the shot before I flew it.

View attachment 443774

Thanks for the actual nozzle throat sizes as well.

It would probably work in some kind of configuration, we’ll consider it.
Speaking of Fast White (sort of), any thought about putting it in the long 24mm SU case (F32)? While the F32 fits a nice niche for me (always have one of each delay on hand), the roar & flame of Fast White would be even more fun, along with the potential for clustering. Or would that potentially have too much pressure for that case?

Sure appreciate the wide variety of AT motors currently available!

Searched this thread but didn't find anything....(H135W-14A DMS motor + Estes 29mm Retainer.)

The 3D printed thrust ring on DMS motor seems to be too long to use with Estes 29mm plastic retainer. It only has 1/2 turn of thread engaged. I am concerned that the ejection charge will pop cap off, and eject motor.
Photo is a extra retainer from the build box.
Ideas on how to make this work on an existing installation?

20201221_100520.jpg

I have actually successfully used that exact same setup with DMS motors and a 29mm Estes motor retainer on my Arreaux. The DMS thrust rings are the same dimensions as the RMS thrust rings, which are longer than the thrust rings on the molded case single-use motors. If you are concerned, I would just wrap some masking tape around the joint between the thrust ring and the male portion of the retainer.

Searched this thread but didn't find anything....(H135W-14A DMS motor + Estes 29mm Retainer.)

The 3D printed thrust ring on DMS motor seems to be too long to use with Estes 29mm plastic retainer. It only has 1/2 turn of thread engaged. I am concerned that the ejection charge will pop cap off, and eject motor.
Photo is a extra retainer from the build box.
Ideas on how to make this work on an existing installation?

View attachment 443825

Ok. Was thinking tighten what I can, then Vinyl tape to stretch around it.
The DMS thrust rings are the same dimensions as the RMS thrust rings, which are longer than the thrust rings on the molded case single-use motors.
Your note makes sense: as a "BAR" getting back into rockets, with my kids. This after 30 year break. I am working my way up power wise, and so far single use Molded Case. The only RMS is a 24/40 to learn reloading. I think the DMS G80NBT-14A fit ok...is that a molded case, I don't have one here to check.)
This DMS "H" is for L1 cert when I get a chance. Noticed the fit issue when "checking" fit&finish, and how well all-up prep, matched my SIM File weight and CG.

Wishing everyone a happy holiday season...Have fun, stay safe and healthy!
Mike

And the J99Ns are available. The K76WN has not been officially released yet. We literally sold out of the first production runs of H13STs...more are in production and should be shipped in a few weeks.

What is the anticipated release date for the K76?

Last edited:
@AeroTech

Could you please share what the nozzle diameter is for the J99? I managed to loose mine and have a full set of RCS 29/38mm nozzles, so I'd rather just make a quick replacement myself.

New AeroTech Face Masks

Deluxe Bespoke brand washable cloth face masks.
Features impressive gold AeroTech logo.
Adjustable elastic ear loops.
Bendable nose bar for a perfect fit.
80% cotton / 20% polyester finely woven fabric shell.
Soft 100% cotton inner face layer.
Built-in filtration barrier of protective E-PTFE filter lining.
Flip-up cloth nose shield reduces fogging of glasses.
Can be washed and re-used again and again.

Available in:

Adult Lg./Ex.Lg. Charcoal Gray - Prod. No. 94301
Price: $8.99 ea.
Size: 9.5” (W) x 6” (H)

Adult Sm./Md. Black - Prod. No. 94303
Price: $8.99 ea.
Size: 9” (W) x 5.25” (H)

https://www.aerotechstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=451
https://www.aerotechstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=450
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown-3.jpeg

Back