AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. The trick would be to keep the average impulse under 80 N. Also, the short bulkhead would limit the maximum time delay length. It would likely be something other than a G40 or G80.
Hmmmm, Curious as to what that would make, a G60, G65, G90, G95?

Yes they are. I don't know of any CTI single use motors. However, he asked about large G's and these are close to the 160 N-s limit and are under the 125g propellant weight limit.
Just curious, how come CTI doesn't produce SU motors?

Hmmm, which ones?
None of them are SU motors, all CTI motors require a re-loadable casing the 24mm -54mm sizes all include the nozzle, fuel, liner and forward closure as a single packaged unit, slide into the casing and screw on rear closure (38mm includes the rear closure as well). 75mm and 98mm CTI motors are built nearly the same as AeroTech motors and some are even cross certified for use in CTI or AT hardware.

Personally I like motor assembly, and once a person has done a few its no big deal, so I stick with AeroTech, it also helps that getting CTI motors from vendors in my area (Pacific Northwest) is kind of hit and miss. For me its AT all the way!

None of them are SU motors, all CTI motors require a re-loadable casing the 24mm -54mm sizes all include the nozzle, fuel, liner and forward closure as a single packaged unit, slide into the casing and screw on rear closure (38mm includes the rear closure as well). 75mm and 98mm CTI motors are built nearly the same as AeroTech motors and some are even cross certified for use in CTI or AT hardware.

Personally I like motor assembly, and once a person has done a few its no big deal, so I stick with AeroTech, it also helps that getting CTI motors from vendors in my area (Pacific Northwest) is kind of hit and miss. For me its AT all the way!

Actually all APCP reloads are single use, I never got one to work more than once anyway.;) The key word is Disposable as in DMS. I think the SU's should have the D in front of it also.

Actually all APCP reloads are single use, I never got one to work more than once anyway.;) The key word is Disposable as in DMS. I think the SU's should have the D in front of it also.
However in a RMS the casing is not Single Use....just the fuel, nozzle, and liner, and some fiddly bits.👍

So I’ve found much conflicting information I’ve got a 38/1080 case, and the 38mm RAS can you or can you not use the RAS with the 1080?
Please don’t speculate just reply with experience.
Yes I’ve searched the forms.
yes I’ve seen apogees table on the RAS that indicates you Cannot. Although our very knowledgeable vendor that carry’s only AT seems surprised when I asked about it.
I'm pulling my hair out.
Also going to give a ring to AT tomorrow but I don’t know how far that will get me.

TIA JB

So I’ve found much conflicting information I’ve got a 38/1080 case, and the 38mm RAS can you or can you not use the RAS with the 1080?
yes I’ve seen apogees table on the RAS that indicates you Cannot. Although our very knowledgeable vendor that carry’s only AT seems surprised when I asked about it.
I'm pulling my hair out.
Also going to give a ring to AT tomorrow but I don’t know how far that will get me.

TIA JB
When you call AT ask for Karl. He has always been very helpful. Or go to face book and ask Gary from AT I am sure he can answer your question.

I'm pulling my hair out.

TIA JB
I have the 1080 case and the RAS and it won't work. The 1080 case holds 9 grains @ ~120 ns each... the RAS only comes with 2 grain spacers meaning that you could only adapt down to "840" ns and not the 3 grain spacers that you would need get down to next case lower. (720 ns) I'm not sure if you had yet another spacer or another RAS kit if they recommend using "3" spacers. That might be a good question to ask here.

2 spacers will adapt a 1320 case to 1080 case. It will take 3 spacers to adapt a 1080 case to a 720 case. It will work but is not certified so it's a research motor.

Good news...we just tested another redesigned (thicker liner, thinner case) 29mm H13ST and the average case temperature was about 270 deg. F using a standard testing protocol. This means that redesigned G8 and G12 motors should be acceptable as well. We are submitting the redesigned H13 and some additional motors for TMT certification soon. Burn time was a bit short due to the high ambient temperature today.117790196_3331795253509691_5646162242783447941_n.jpg

Good news...we just tested another redesigned (thicker liner, thinner case) 29mm H13ST and the average case temperature was about 270 deg. F using a standard testing protocol. This means that redesigned G8 and G12 motors should be acceptable as well. We are submitting the redesigned H13 and some additional motors for TMT certification soon. Burn time was a bit short due to the high ambient temperature today.
View attachment 428883

On first read, I assumed H13 was an error, with a digit missing. No, no it is not. I have a 2-stage that would love this thing...

Good news...we just tested another redesigned (thicker liner, thinner case) 29mm H13ST and the average case temperature was about 270 deg. F using a standard testing protocol. This means that redesigned G8 and G12 motors should be acceptable as well. We are submitting the redesigned H13 and some additional motors for TMT certification soon. Burn time was a bit short due to the high ambient temperature today.View attachment 428883
Me likey!

Good news...we just tested another redesigned (thicker liner, thinner case) 29mm H13ST and the average case temperature was about 270 deg. F using a standard testing protocol. This means that redesigned G8 and G12 motors should be acceptable as well. We are submitting the redesigned H13 and some additional motors for TMT certification soon. Burn time was a bit short due to the high ambient temperature today.View attachment 428883
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news...we just tested another redesigned (thicker liner, thinner case) 29mm H13ST and the average case temperature was about 270 deg. F using a standard testing protocol. This means that redesigned G8 and G12 motors should be acceptable as well. We are submitting the redesigned H13 and some additional motors for TMT certification soon. Burn time was a bit short due to the high ambient temperature today.

Very nice! Can I ask how many grams of propellant the motor contains, the length and the full mass?

I hope that the production of 29mm Super Thunder grains will also lead to some fast burning motors. I never got the chance to fly an H410, and I would love to have the option to fly a really fast burning 29mm motor.

Back