AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word on when the next patch of K1103X's are planned to go through. I had heard "last week"... but still nothing being delivered to black Friday vendors....

Any word on when the next patch of K1103X's are planned to go through. I had heard "last week"... but still nothing being delivered to black Friday vendors....
I too am waiting on an order. If it is truly a manufacturing issue they need to set down and take a serious look at their manufacturing process. It is quite ridiculous it should take this long on pre paid orders.

I don't know about Rich, but I'm very interested in the M1955 DM. I have a couple of rockets that would like this load. I'm bummed that I didn't get to see it at the last LDRS, but would be ready to fly it at the next one.
Can't wait for LDRS at Airfest. Gotta love that Dark Matter!

Hmmm...Punisher Drag Race?

Any further word on the M1955DM beyond its at Certification? I Have to order my M motor for SodBlaster II (Labor Day weekend) in the next two weeks to make sure its hopefully arrived by then, and really would like a M1955DM, otherwise its going to have to be something else.

My question is when you will be carrying 38/720, 29/40-120, and 24/60 casea again. As well as any other case from 38mm on down. I have been checking your webstore and still only find 18mm cases. This question quite possibly has been answered already but too many posts to read to find the answer I am looking for. Thank you for your time.

We currently only offer hobby hardware on our website, check with your dealer for 29mm HP and above. Hope this helps!

Any further word on the M1955DM beyond its at Certification? I Have to order my M motor for SodBlaster II (Labor Day weekend) in the next two weeks to make sure its hopefully arrived by then, and really would like a M1955DM, otherwise its going to have to be something else.

I believe they’re testing it this weekend, should be ready for production very soon.

Is there a tapped floating closure at 54mm? I could sure use one for a Wildman Mach 2. I use the spaced system to avoid buying cases in every size, but I can’t figure out how to attach a shock cord other than to the forward closure.

Joe

Yes, we produced a couple dozen of each for the 54RAS system. Part number is 54 FFCPT and the next run is due shortly. Some dealers do have them in stock.

If you read over the thread (yeah that's big task lol), you'll learn more of why there's a hardware shortage. From fabricators exiting the business, to backed up vendor orders, etc...

Most of their orders come through the vendors across the country, so it does make sense to try and keep them supplied as best they can. It's a small hobby with very unpredictable logistics, so some patience helps.

We’re doing much better but it’s still a battle. We have a couple new vendors so we’ll see how that goes. So far it has been helping tremendously and we are getting caught up.

We’re doing much better but it’s still a battle. We have a couple new vendors so we’ll see how that goes. So far it has been helping tremendously and we are getting caught up.
What about reloads? My local vendor (I'm in the northeast) has been our of basically all 29 and 38mm reloads (and single-use motors) for at least the past year, and a lot of my go-to places for shipped orders haven't had enough stock to justify the hazmat fee (if I can't get at least $300 worth of motors, it's really not worth it)

What about reloads? My local vendor (I'm in the northeast) has been our of basically all 29 and 38mm reloads (and single-use motors) for at least the past year, and a lot of my go-to places for shipped orders haven't had enough stock to justify the hazmat fee (if I can't get at least $300 worth of motors, it's really not worth it)

Yeah there’s never been any issues with 29mm and 38mm loads. You should ask them if they have an order in with us now and if they do I need to see why a 2-4 week item took a year. Weird.

Yeah there’s never been any issues with 29mm and 38mm loads. You should ask them if they have an order in with us now and if they do I need to see why a 2-4 week item took a year. Weird.
Last time I talked to him he said he's had a large order with you guys since last year, but that he's been getting partial orders shipped, with very little HPR stuff (mostly TARC reloads and single-use E&F motors)

Hello Charles,
when will AT handle the CE certification and a distributor in Europe?
The next days of flight begin and we have no longer a dealer
which may distribute the AT products. If the CE certification is taken over by the dealers themselves, I could imagine that we can no longer pay for the reloads. We already had to spend 50% -100% more on a reload than in the USA.
Regards Ralf

Hi Ralf!

We are close to having this completed, we will have more details soon. AT products will have the CE mark soon and be available throughout Europe again.

PS I found 2 of the 98 O motor cases in the warehouse, what should I do with them? Please say R AND D.

Last time I talked to him he said he's had a large order with you guys since last year, but that he's been getting partial orders shipped, with very little HPR stuff (mostly TARC reloads and single-use E&F motors)

Performance Hobbies has nothing on order from us at this point and hasn’t for some time now. Maybe he can give you a better answer than I can.

3A1F96A3-A4C6-412E-9394-EF00C3F76E99.jpeg
So the hardware I’ve had on order with BAR since October should be arriving soon? I hope so! I need that for my L3 attempt!

Yes we dropped the ball on the specials, my apologies on that one. Your cert special will be at BAR next week no later than Wednesday.

You’ll get one of the ones pictured below or above or wherever.

There definitely seem to be preferred vendors. It's hard to say if it's on purpose, or if some vendors were just more aggressive about getting lots of backorders in early.

Orders are typically shipped first in first out however sometimes hardware is spread around so all dealers have some instead of one dealer having it all.

Orders are typically shipped first in first out however sometimes hardware is spread around so all dealers have some instead of one dealer having it all.
Question - is preference given to orders that contain customer pre-orders or replacement parts? (For example, if I have a CATO on a motor and get it replaced through a vendor who doesn't have any in stock, will they get the replacement hardware and reload before other vendors get stock to sell? What about if I pre-order from a vendor who doesn't currently have stuff in stock?) Also, thanks for continuing to reply on this thread!

Hopefully the 75/7680 and 75mm RAS and Rear Closures are shipping soon too, I have had one on order since Feb, not as long as some but definitely a while.

I just bought an Aerotech 38-600 motor casing. But not one Aerotech seller has forward or aft closures. Out of Stock! This makes my case just a hunk of expensive aluminum. What's up with the lack of closures? This is very annoying. :mad:

Back