AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word if the 54mm R.A.S. has been shipped out to venders. I'm still waiting since November. Seems a little unreasonable that these couldn't have been produced and shipped out by now.

Any word if the 54mm R.A.S. has been shipped out to venders. I'm still waiting since November. Seems a little unreasonable that these couldn't have been produced and shipped out by now.

FWIF, I had ordered mine from BMS in January, and received it (along with other hardware) in either March or April, can't remember now.

From whom did you order yours?

a

75mm reload adapter system has been out of stock for months. I have one on backorder with our local vender. Any idea when they will be available again?

bump. Back ordered for 10 month now. Rocket in build. Gonna need the 75mm RAS before to long....

I was building an I59 motor Sunday evening at AirFest and discovered that I was missing a fiber washer. Planned on finding Charlie on Monday but I guess he left early. How do I report this and get a washer to finish this motor for a later launch?

I was building an I59 motor Sunday evening at AirFest and discovered that I was missing a fiber washer. Planned on finding Charlie on Monday but I guess he left early. How do I report this and get a washer to finish this motor for a later launch?

I had the same issue. Same motor. I sent Charlie my mailing address by email. He said he would have one mailed to me. I’ll PM you his email.

Joe.

bump. Back ordered for 10 month now. Rocket in build. Gonna need the 75mm RAS before to long....
That is why I traded all my AT hdw for CTI stuff.
The CTI motor is cheaper but if you're not needing it certified, use a AMW case and a hubcap.
This is an AT M-1297 in a 6000n case with 1 grain spacer and the hub cap.

Attachments

• Closeup of AT Nozzle-Kosdon Case.jpg
    Closeup of AT Nozzle-Kosdon Case.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 165
If they did, then that would be a yet another I-motor...
As of now, AT HazMat-free motors are one per impulse level: H-130/I-180/J-520 White Lightning motors.

Alas the last one seams to exist only on paper, with all of the usual retailers showing it as n/a or out-of-stock.

a

Most dealers did not want the plugged version, and who could blame them? That would be a major drawback so we actually went back to the EZ closure using a different potting solution. So the J520 is hazmat free and also comes with the new (old) EZ closure. It has been certified with a 13 second adjustable delay and dealers have them in stock now.

I have sent the official request for a dozen demos at midwest power this year. They will likely be 10 sec adjustable delays like the new 24/60 loads.

What do I have to do to get on this list? :)

Most dealers did not want the plugged version, and who could blame them? That would be a major drawback so we actually went back to the EZ closure using a different potting solution. So the J520 is hazmat free and also comes with the new (old) EZ closure. It has been certified with a 13 second adjustable delay and dealers have them in stock now.
Are you going back to the EZ closure for all 38mm RMS reloads? I'm very leery of the EZ delay assembly, after suffering a failure - I prefer to build my own delays with o-rings, and not rely on glue for the seal. If it fails, I can only blame myself :)

Are you going back to the EZ closure for all 38mm RMS reloads? I'm very leery of the EZ delay assembly, after suffering a failure - I prefer to build my own delays with o-rings, and not rely on glue for the seal. If it fails, I can only blame myself :)
I believe they are only using ez on the J520 and the others are staying with the current long delay.

E930BFF3-9FC1-4D42-815E-3E797E4196FA.jpeg 0D7CB580-C92A-4D8F-AD81-148BD863FE62.jpeg
Flew a Aerotech D15T on a scratch built 24mm MD rocket to about 1,400ft this weekend at HARA. Excellent motor for the radio beacon test flight on smaller models. It was quicker than the cameraman. Got some Ooo’s and nice flight from others for just a D motor. The H130W were also very nice as expected.

I have called Aerotech every other day for a week. Left a voicemail with a customer service lady. Should I email or try another number. My vender is still waiting to ship my 54mm R.A.S. and hardware from last November. They now just ignore my monthly email asking for an update. I know I'm a small purchaser of their goods. I have only placed 12 orders in the last year, totaling $2,500. I know I purchased it as a pre-order. But it is now becoming unreasonably long. I'm not sure who I should be complaining more about the vendor or the supplier? I guess I just need more sleep. And I would be less grumpy.

Why are we not able to order hardware direct from the AT webstore any more?
Yesterday a lost an Aerotech mustang and a 29/40-120 motor case. Today I started looking into replacing the case. I've also been considering retiring and replacing my Dr Rocket hardware. (there's nothing wrong with it, but since it's long out of production, I don't want to risk losing any of it)
Then I started noticing multiple online vendors that have most if not all of the Aerotech hardware listed as out of stock. So I found and started reading this thread from the beginning. This hardware issue has been ongoing since the beginning of the thread, for three years!

Is anyone else as frustrated by this as I am?

I'm beginning to question why I should replace my Dr Rocket hardware with Aerotech hardware when there is a MUCH less expensive option available (even considering the slightly higher cost of reload kits)?

Last edited:
I've also been considering retiring and replacing my Dr Rocket hardware. (there's nothing wrong with it, but since it's long out of production, I don't want to risk losing any of it)
I'm beginning to question why I should replace my Dr Rocket hardware with Aerotech hardware when there is a MUCH less expensive option available (even considering the slightly higher cost of reload kits)?

I don't think your DR. rocket hardware is going to appreciate at all, unless they are special edition, then maybe??, so why not use it. All I have for the Aerotech loads are Dr.Rocket hardware 29 thru 54 mm. I'll use mine until worn out or lost, then I'll be glad to have a nice new piece of hardware.

Who's manning the phones in your warranty department? I've waited patiently for over a month on a warranty claim and left 2 messages with no response. I've already contacted my vendor with all the info, and that information was forwarded to Aerotech.

Who's manning the phones in your warranty department? I've waited patiently for over a month on a warranty claim and left 2 messages with no response. I've already contacted my vendor with all the info, and that information was forwarded to Aerotech.
Yep. Been waiting on a 29/360 casing since Sept 4.

Yep. Been waiting on a 29/360 casing since Sept 4.
Waiting on the same case as well. Was told last week that they are at the machinist.

Still waiting on 75mm RAS to become available. I can machine these in my own shop in about 2 hours or less and can have a vendor of mine at work machine likely a thousand sets in a few weeks including HC anodizing.

Not sure why these are so difficult to get....they are incredibly simple parts.

Back