AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the DMS line of motors. Never did like putting motors together. When CTI came out I switched to them. Now with the DMS line of motors I fly more AT motors than CTI. We all should thank AT for having so many different reloads and motors. It can't be a lot of fun keeping all the motors in stock. And we always want new reloads. I don't know how AT dose it?
That's perfectly fair. But I do enjoy loading the cases, that's a part of the fun of HPR for me. If you like the DMS motors that perfectly fine. My impression is that they cost too much for me. If I just want something quick to load, then I'll get a CTI motor. That's what i have the casings for. This is my personal preference, not trying to start a flame war.

That's perfectly fair. But I do enjoy loading the cases, that's a part of the fun of HPR for me. If you like the DMS motors that perfectly fine. My impression is that they cost too much for me. If I just want something quick to load, then I'll get a CTI motor. That's what i have the casings for. This is my personal preference, not trying to start a flame war.

No war here I am the same way to each there own. I have CTI cases also. For the flyers who only fly's 2-3 times a year DMS is the way to go.

I have never used DMS but if I wanted to cluster, that seems like the way to go.

I like both lines of both motors. The DMS saves me from buying cases. And when I want to hand inspect every component I assemble an RMS and it simply doesn't explode because I hand inspected it for defects. They can whine all day how an RMS is harder to assemble or clean than CTI. I never had an RMS Cato that I assembled and visually inspected.

I have them in stock and ready to ship

I just ordered a pack of each of these today. I've been waiting for these for years!!!:wink:

Time to dust off my Estes Interceptor E which flies BEAUTIFULLY on the F35W. These should be just as awesome especially the F63R and might also be time to build the Cosmic Interceptor I have in my closet.:)

I just hope the IE doesn't shred as replacing it would be very difficult at best.

I just bought an Estes Conquest because of the new RMS24-60 motors.

Just had a 29/40-120 cato this last launch and blow the forward closure on a G76... Made it up 147 feet according to the altimeter, but here's the funny part. forward closure was gone, never found it, but the threads look fine. Aft closure threads in perfectly, a second forward closure from another case, also fine. I inspected the threads when I got home with an 8X loupe and they look perfectly fine, same as my other case in depth. I'm guess that the sacrificial/weak point in these cases is the forward closure threading. I imagine if I were to uncover that piece I'd see a bunch of stripped threads.

Just had a 29/40-120 cato this last launch and blow the forward closure on a G76... Made it up 147 feet according to the altimeter, but here's the funny part. forward closure was gone, never found it, but the threads look fine. Aft closure threads in perfectly, a second forward closure from another case, also fine. I inspected the threads when I got home with an 8X loupe and they look perfectly fine, same as my other case in depth. I'm guess that the sacrificial/weak point in these cases is the forward closure threading. I imagine if I were to uncover that piece I'd see a bunch of stripped threads.

I've recently blown out closures on a 24/40 and an 18/20. In both cases Karl @ Aerotech said to toss the whole case as it's no good. Visually they look okay. The 18/20 blew it's forward closure, but if I thread on another one it appears to be okay (I'm not going to test it with a reload). The 24/40 also blew it's forward closure, but it stayed in the rocket. Again I can thread it on and it looks okay but I'm not going to test it.

(I'm still waiting for the replacement hardware)

I've flown a whole bunch more 29/40-120s and haven't had a problem with those yet. It's my favourite casing for sure!

cheers - mark

Clearly - not enough!

We had 3-4 at our last club launch (various brands) out of 100+ launches (that I witnessed).
Comes with the territory...

a

I agree it comes with the territory, but we have more CTI catos then RMS. Not sure of the ratio of one type of flights to the other, but i would guess there are slightly more RMS. Either way, both are pretty rare, which is a good thing.

My bad Robert, I forgot the black jack is 2 separate grains. All 24/60 are US mailable.

As cool as they are, unfortunately the new 24/60 F60-10 Fast Jack reloads must ship HAZMAT :(. The companion New Blue Thunder and Redline reloads can ship USPS free of HAZMAT fees :).

Is information readily available stating the amount of BP Aerotech supplies for ejection charges in their HPR reloads?
I'm needing to know how much BP Aerotech provides with their 38/360, /480, /600, and /720 reloads.
Long story short... a previously dual-deployed rocket has sacrificed its altimeter bay and now must rely on single-event motor deployed recovery.
I'll ground test to be sure, but I'd like to start with Aerotech's amount.
I'm hoping their supplied BP will be enough to pressurize what is now a more spacious 5.5-inch BT.
Problem is, I don't have reloads on hand to open and examine/compare.
Thanks for any help.

Approx 1.4 grams on all of these reloads.

Is information readily available stating the amount of BP Aerotech supplies for ejection charges in their HPR reloads?
I'm needing to know how much BP Aerotech provides with their 38/360, /480, /600, and /720 reloads.
Long story short... a previously dual-deployed rocket has sacrificed its altimeter bay and now must rely on single-event motor deployed recovery.
I'll ground test to be sure, but I'd like to start with Aerotech's amount.
I'm hoping their supplied BP will be enough to pressurize what is now a more spacious 5.5-inch BT.
Problem is, I don't have reloads on hand to open and examine/compare.
Thanks for any help.

I recently looked at the aerotech crossload motor matrix and noticed that the 75mm section had shrunk since the last time I'd looked. Did certification fall through for the 75/6400 and 75/7680 reloads or something?

Probably two. One to fly it, then another to make sure it wasn't a fluke so he can brag about it.

Dude, that comment was kind of rude...I have seen quite a few reloads properly assembled and inspected CATO. Really, isn't there enough "rocket snobs" on this forum?
I am sure you are a great guy and all AND full of L3 knowledge, but give the guy a break.

...but give the guy a break.

That whole thing seems to be some sort of flame battle between several TRF members and one particular individual. Not sure how it all got started, but it seems to spread into every thread where the individual posts...

Aerotech - what’s the deal with 24/40 casings? I desperately want to give you lots and lots of money, but the casings have been backordered for months now. Nobody seems to have one... I did finally get a 29/40-120 but even those seem to be very limited in their supply.

Any idea when they might be available? Or where they might be available?

Aerotech - what’s the deal with 24/40 casings? I desperately want to give you lots and lots of money, but the casings have been backordered for months now. Nobody seems to have one... I did finally get a 29/40-120 but even those seem to be very limited in their supply.

If you go to www.moto-joe.com they have 6 available. They are the vendor that comes to the launches near me, but they can ship it obviously.

Aerotech posts news on Facebook, so the vast majority of people looking for information on their website will not get that news unless they click on the FACEBOOK box/link on the lower right hand corner of the Aerotech home page.

Go ahead and click on it and read the news. They are available. Fresh and new.
https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/
https://www.facebook.com/flyaerotech/
Scroll down one post (as of this instant) to the post dated May 17 at 2:34pm

As I stated elsewhere:

"There will be growth in the Spring"
[video=youtube;TYeVQzTVyLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYeVQzTVyLk[/video]

54mm spacers ETA? I had to scrub a planned motor this weekend because I'm still waiting on hardware that was ordered in November.

Back