AeroTech Open Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, some cool new stuff, I have to admit.

The J615ST with the aero-spike nozzle is way cool. I pitched in on the Go-Fund-Me to get those made, and haven't tried them EX yet. I'm a little surprised you did the first reload with these nozzles with the Super Thunder propellant.

Also, propellant X in a 3 grain 75mm is something I missed, and may have to try...

Okay, some cool new stuff, I have to admit.

The J615ST with the aero-spike nozzle is way cool. I pitched in on the Go-Fund-Me to get those made, and haven't tried them EX yet. I'm a little surprised you did the first reload with these nozzles with the Super Thunder propellant.

Also, propellant X in a 3 grain 75mm is something I missed, and may have to try...
Short burn minimizes time for nozzle erosion. Plus a propellant and case combination we didn’t already produce with a standard nozzle.

Last edited:
I have to ask. Is the 30' tall Initiator going to be built to fly, or will it just be a static display model?

While Gary's presentation had many exciting new products to announce my personal favorite was the thirty-foot tall Initiator in front of the new AeroTech/Quest/ISP/RCS facility.

Just WOW! 😎

Hard to believe I first designed that model almost 35 years ago when I was working at Enertek.
The AeroTech version shipped in January 1990.

I feel old. I am going to go sit in a rocking chair.

While Gary's presentation had many exciting new products to announce my personal favorite was the thirty-foot tall Initiator in front of the new AeroTech/Quest/ISP/RCS facility.

Just WOW! 😎

Hard to believe I first designed that model almost 35 years ago when I was working at Enertek.

I have an Enertek catalog showing a good number kits. Did you design them also?

Wow, so many new and awesome things coming down the pipeline.

New building looks AMAZING!!!!

Sign me up for the J615, no question. Will be grabbing a few once Tim has them up for sale.

Would also like to see, as I mentioned months ago, a single grain 75mm in ST. I know it might be niche but at least a static test or two to see if there is interest would be cool. :)

Something else that would be cool is some higher average thrust options for the 98/15360 case in white lighting family or BT family.

Redesign or some other type of investigation in a lower cost 29mm F/G disposable. I just went to buy some and almost fell over seeing that a G40/80 is $30 now. :-(

File name has "small" in it....

Does that mean small in number of bytes?
Or is there a larger presentation with more stuff?

If the latter, I personally would LOVE to have it. MORE "stuff" to learn is always good in my book! :D 👍 :cool:
Small meaning the file size was reduced with lower resolution graphics.

Wow, so many new and awesome things coming down the pipeline.

New building looks AMAZING!!!!

Sign me up for the J615, no question. Will be grabbing a few once Tim has them up for sale.

Would also like to see, as I mentioned months ago, a single grain 75mm in ST. I know it might be niche but at least a static test or two to see if there is interest would be cool. :)

Something else that would be cool is some higher average thrust options for the 98/15360 case in white lighting family or BT family.

Redesign or some other type of investigation in a lower cost 29mm F/G disposable. I just went to buy some and almost fell over seeing that a G40/80 is $30 now. :-(
The 75/1280 ST reload is under development.

98/15360 higher thrust reload kits are a possibility.

29mm Q-Jets could have the potential to be lower priced, but we don't have plans for that size at this time.

Just WOW! 😎

Maybe Gary is going to introduce a new Initiator Starter Set. Comes with the 30 foot Initiator Kit, DMS N & O motor, Mega Mantas Launch Pad, and the Interlock "O" Launch controller.

I have an Enertek catalog showing a good number kits. Did you design them also?

Most of the Enertek kits were designed before I arrived at the company.

The Initiator came about because most of the staff didn't like the original starter/beginners model that was planned and I said I could make something better. ;)

The 75/1280 ST reload is under development.

98/15360 higher thrust reload kits are a possibility.

29mm Q-Jets could have the potential to be lower priced, but we don't have plans for that size at this time.

I think there is really a possibility for the 75/1280 ST loads. When the weather changes and cloud cover is a limiting factor or on small fields with lots of snags (like Bong). Having a high thrust small 75mm load for your Wildman, Gizmo, Demon 5, etc. would great. Always good to have another tool in the toolbox to fly the field or fly the weather without having to adapt down to 54mm.

Thank you on the rest. I know you have to do what makes business sense but its always fantastic that yall always listen to us and give feedback on viability.

Just WOW! 😎

As soon as I saw that I thought of you.

I think there is really a possibility for the 75/1280 ST loads. When the weather changes and cloud cover is a limiting factor or on small fields with lots of snags (like Bong).

Thank you on the rest. I know you have to do what makes business sense but its always fantastic that yall always listen to us and give feedback on viability.

^^^THIS!!!^^^

YES!!! Looking forward to flying these with my NOVAAR friends at Great Meadow.

Most of the Enertek kits were designed before I arrived at the company.

The Initiator came about because most of the staff didn't like the original starter/beginners model that was planned and I said I could make something better. ;)
RE: Enertek catalog... I recall when home from grad school in the late 80's my brother showing me this jaw-dropping catalog. I have (and love) the astrobee d that I have, but that catalog showcased an Astrobee 1500. THAT is the kit I'd like to see in today's lineup from AT! I think the kits are fan-freakin'-tastic but the 1500 was the one I just had to have... unfortunately it was not too be. I'd sure like to see the 1500 as a nice big kit!

Last edited:
Looking forward to those new 24mm motors!!!

Me too!

The Q-Jet E35 will be a FULL 40 N-Sec total impulse. The F41 will be a low total impulse (46) F motor.
USPS shippable to boot.

I will have to order some of these motors as soon as they are available. ;)

Me too!

The Q-Jet E35 will be a FULL 40 N-Sec total impulse. The F41 will be a low total impulse (46) F motor.
USPS shippable to boot.

I will have to order some of these motors as soon as they are available. ;)

yes!!! Love the F63 and F51 in the 24/60 case, and the SU F30 fast black.

might be time to plan a new build for these : - ))

The new AeroTech/Quest website is live at www.aerotech-rocketry.com!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know it has been quite the journey (and ordeal). As a server owner, multiple website owner/autor, IS/IT consultant, et al. things web and nerd, I can appreciate the difficulties of replacing a website.... especially a large commercial website with tons of folks banging on it every day.

Getting the BASE website up and running is a huge hurdle. With conscientious/dedicated ongoing attention, y'all will have all the content restored in short order!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I know it has been quite the journey (and ordeal). As a server owner, multiple website owner/autor, IS/IT consultant, et al. things web and nerd, I can appreciate the difficulties of replacing a website.... especially a large commercial website with tons of folks banging on it every day.

Getting the BASE website up and running is a huge hurdle. With conscientious/dedicated ongoing attention, y'all will have all the content restored in short order!
Thanks Clay! Your comments are right on!!

Back