AeroTech News

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Burger

Reaction score
I know the moderators here have said that they want to keep this forum focusing on our great hobby of rocketry, so I will keep this brief.

As most of you may be aware, the assets of AeroTech were put up for bid on Friday April 2nd in a Las Vegas courtroom. Gary Rosenfield and RCS successfully won the bidding process and have plans to move AeroTech forward without interruption.

I am going to be conducting interviews next week and do some hiring in our production areas. We are looking forward to getting AeroTech back to it's previous state of lower lead times and higher availability so that you may find the AeroTech products that you have come to love and enjoy.

Thanks to everyone that has supported us through these difficult times.

I will attempt to keep you fine folks up to date as we increase production rates and ship the motors and reloads. This should enable you to plan your next rocketry project with confidence that the motor of your choice will be available to get that bird off the pad and in the sky where it belongs! :)

Happy Flying Everyone!

Joe
AeroTech

Keep up the good work! Im glad the end consumer is not effected by this whole ordeal as I thought we would.

Hiring? If there is anyone here who wouldn't see employment at AeroTech as a dream job, would they please step forward?

If I could take some of my courses by correspondance, and if I thought the American gov't would let a foreigner work in a rocket motor factory, I'd apply (and get my green card from the lawyers who spammed Usenet in '94 ;)).

Great news Joe. Question...will there be any issues with motor certification or did that transfer along with the sale? Just curious.

Originally posted by Stones
Great news Joe. Question...will there be any issues with motor certification or did that transfer along with the sale? Just curious.

We are very happy to report that recertification will NOT be required as all documents are now the property of RCS. :)

Joe,

Obviously all of us wish you the best of luck. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Great news Joe!

When I heard the news I kind of pictured a celebration of sorts. Beer, toasts, high fives, sighs of relief, etc. This has been a rough ride and we've all been wishing you well. I'm happy you can turn the page and move on.

I have a lot of aluminum tubes to fill! :D

Thanks for the update!

Len Bryan

This is especially good to hear, since I bought my first RMS Casing (29-40/120) yesterday!

WW

Great news about Aerotech!

Yesterday I used a G80 in my G-Force... the moisture in the air made the smoke thick white... and the TARC rocket used a F50.

Next Saturday, another F50 for the TARC team, yesterdays flight did not stage. I may use a G64 that day in one of my rockets.

Week after that... CMASS launch. Burning many Aerotech loads... At least one J350, maybe two, either two G64's or two H128's. H165 or a H238 will be used for someones L1 attempt. The motor that is not used is going into my I-ROC :D

Then a week after that... a launch in Whitakers, NC. I have several G75 and H128's on order... I will most likely buy other stuff too...

Then there is another CMASS launch on the 1st...

Yep... I am making my contribution to Aerotech ;):D

Great news Joe! I am glad to hear that Aerotech/RCS has finally gotten back on its feet since the knock-out (almost) punch back then. I also will be making my contribution to Aerotech at the Whitakers launch! I plan to buy several composites, 2-4 G64's, 1 G80 or F50, some E18's, a F25, and maybe some F24's, too! My two reload cases are gonna get a lot of work!

Come on! Chop Chop! I want those G64's fresh! :p

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Jason

There are a many product lines being discussed for re introduction:

Single Use BJ Econojets
RC reloads
54MM Long Burns
75MM and 98MM Redline
Our entire line of Non Standard and High Power Single Use Motors
Hybrid
Kosdon by AeroTech

The re introductions will be phased in one at a time and the order of which they are brought back into production is still to be determined. We will focus on these products as our new hires are brought up to speed on the products that are currently in production. This will enable the experienced employees already on hand to focus on the fore mentioned products. Training of the new hires is expected to take serveral weeks/months. We had hoped to be back to full speed this flying season will all products back on the shipping list but with the current demand of products already shipping, it will more than likely take us into next season before we reach that final milestone and have all AeroTech products available on a regular basis.

We have already assisted Apogee, Rattworks and Sky Ripper Systems and look forward to continued relations with these great people.

We also need to direct our attentions to our International customers that have been so patient through all of this:

Canada
Australia
Sweden
Switzerland
New Zealand
United Kingdom

With interest now coming from:

Mexico
Brazil
Germany

We have so much to do and we welcome the challenge of reaching all of these goals.

Joe B,

I don't use very many of your products (I only have a couple of your smaller motors in my box), but I thank you just the same for everything you have done to continue your support of what is left of Aerotech and continue to support this hobby.

I am sorry that a stupid accident came so close to causing the whole enterprise to cave in on itself, and that you have taken such a beating because of it. I think everyone agrees, it just wasn't fair. I know that 'stuff' happens, but it would have been nice just the same if it happened to someone else once in a while.

Besides burning up AT motors, what else can we do to help get things back to normal?

I have been trying to purchase the 18/24/29 mm triplet for several weeks. Any news on hardware production?

Originally posted by powderburner
Joe B,

I don't use very many of your products (I only have a couple of your smaller motors in my box), but I thank you just the same for everything you have done to continue your support of what is left of Aerotech and continue to support this hobby.

I am sorry that a stupid accident came so close to causing the whole enterprise to cave in on itself, and that you have taken such a beating because of it. I think everyone agrees, it just wasn't fair. I know that 'stuff' happens, but it would have been nice just the same if it happened to someone else once in a while.

Besides burning up AT motors, what else can we do to help get things back to normal?

It is comments and posts such as yours that has given us the strength to continue the fight. If we didn't have such a fantastic following, it would have been so easy to just give up. We have put our hearts and souls into this company and failure to overcome all of the adversity was just not an option regardless of the outcome last Friday.

The thing for us to ask for at this time is continued patience and understanding. I know that sounds like a broken record at this point but we have come along way knowing we have a long way to go.

Oct. 15, 01 was a truly tragic day that we have had to endure and by no means would we wish this on anyone.

Originally posted by Stewart32
I have been trying to purchase the 18/24/29 mm triplet for several weeks. Any news on hardware production?

Our hardware vendor has been doing their best to supply us with the motor casings. We had 90 of those 3 Motor Sets on order and I am happy to report that we did ship out 50 of those last week. We have numerous people waiting on the individual motors as well and we have more in process at the machine shop.

Cool :)

Once you get caught up with your current line, then you guys can get busy designing new stuff :)

I personally would like to see more loads for the 18mm case...

A reloadable version of the D3
A moon burning White Lightning D motor (D6 ;))

FastJack loads for 18 and up cases :)

I would love to see a 18mm fastjack... think about it... a stock Deuces Wild... with dual black smoke trails :D

Hey Joe

I can't help noticing that you've got a G40W and a G80T. I think a G60R would be sweet. I'd buy my fair share of them. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for everything that you've done for us. I love the Redline motors and your Blue Thunders are cool too. I plan to stick an H242T in my new PML Matrix once I get it built.

Thanks again:)

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Hey Joe

I can't help noticing that you've got a G40W and a G80T. I think a G60R would be sweet. I'd buy my fair share of them. Just a suggestion.

I second that, a MPR Redline would be sooo cool.

As long as were fantasizing about new motors I'd like to see a 62.5 gram consumer reload with H power. :cool:

Originally posted by Zippy
As long as were fantasizing about new motors I'd like to see a 62.5 gram consumer reload with H power. :cool:

We do have a single grain (62.5 gram) 38MM casing (38/120) already designed and reloads on the drawing board. :)

...and for my next trick watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat. :D

a 38/120 62.5 single load would be a G wouldn't it?
an H is at least 160NS....

I was looking at propellant weights and NS over on the NAR/TRA combined rocket list and for At/RCS or anybody else to make propellant "hot" enough for a 160 NS minimum 62.5 g load would be stretching it somewhat with current technologies I think..

thats not to say that AT/RCS doens't already have the technology to produce propellant of this ISP

for example:

engine weight NS engine
ellis 62.0 124.2 NS G35
Cesaroni 62.5 128.8 NS G69
Kosdon 67.5 150.0 NS G75
Kosdon 81.7 180.0 NS H70

If you divide the NS by the propellant weight, you get how much NS is being produce per gram of propellant

Ellis 2.00
CTI 2.0608
Kosdon 2.2222
Kosdon 2.203

Now if you multiplied each of the above by 62.5 you get:

Ellis 125 NS
CTI 128.8 NS
Kosdon 138.875 NS
Kosdon 137.6875 NS

So to get a minimum of 160 NS out of a single 62.5 propellant slug would require 2.56 NS per gram .....

thats at least a 15-20% increase required in ISP .....

If you want to read an excellent report on the future of propellants check out here:

"Report to the NAR on Propellants and Delivered Specific Impulse in Model Rocket Engines"

https://www.rocketmotorparts.com/resources/meyer_isp_rpt_8-12-84.pdf

1.2mb

This report was written back in 1984 to see how far propellants might be able to be enhanced over the next 20 years or so....

well the 20 years is already here so the report is interesting.....

Originally posted by Joe Burger
We also need to direct our attentions to our International customers that have been so patient through all of this:
New Zealand
We have so much to do and we welcome the challenge of reaching all of these goals.

Well Joe i think you can cross NZ off the to do list for a while, as i have just finished stocktaking for my local vendor(my favorite job) about 4 new boxes of your great products , and i glad say how nice it is to have some new motors back in the country! and new loads i haven't see before I'm sure ill be burning a few at the next launch.

thanks
matt

Originally posted by Joe Burger

Canada
Australia
Sweden
Switzerland
New Zealand
United Kingdom

So Aerotech motors are coming back to the UK ? Carnt wait if they do !! AE motors kick a$$
-Karl

Hey Joe!!
I feel certain that if the 1100 + members of TRF responded
to this thread, there would be a unanamous thumbs-up
in support of your efforts!
Lets go fly some rockets!
Dr Don

The demand for our products is absolutely phenominal. We are doing everything in our power to keep up.

We have made such great progress but we are only about 50% of where we need to be. We have a long way to go yet but feel confident that we will reach our goal in the coming months.

Failure to do so is not an option.

Gawd I love the smell of AP in the morning. :D

Happy Flying!!

Back