aerotech motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick003

Reaction score
i'm having a hard time finding econojet motors for my warthog. i would go to reloads but i lose to many rockets and end up breaking a leg climbing up a tree. It seems like everybody has some econojets but not the ones that are recommended for my rockets, maybe i should just stick with bp motors?? any help

You should ck out discount hobby center for engines.
I just ordered quite a few from there and they have a good assortment. I contacted them by email about what was in stock and they answered fairly quickly.
one great thing is that their shipping charge is the same if you by 1 item or 50 items. brings the overall cost down. i too want to switch to the reloads but not until i feel comfortable that i won't be loosing them to the tree gods.

Hmmm... I checked DHC but I also did a search on this forum, getting some bad thoughts about them. I guess 6 dollars is low enough for a G though... Will check them out some time.

I read some of the posts about DHC and it made me feel better that it was not just me.
I had a similar experience with an order placed 12 Dec.03 and after much run around finally received order in early March.
Unless your a gambler I would stay away from DHC, not worth the couple dollars saved.

err.... DO NOT BUY FROM THE JERK AT DHC!!

now every1 say together: "I will never place an order with DHC so long as they are in buisness!":kill:

if it wern't that i want to see the guy out of buisness, i'd say go ahead and waste your own money... but just read what every1 says and DONT!

"I will never place an order with DHC so long as they are in buisness!"

Well, you sure don't want to place an order when they're NOT in business!

DUH!! :D

sandman:rolleyes:

ooooh, now i have the willies. i hope that i get the motors from him. i would be a bit upset if they were delayed when they were supposedly in stock. luckily i have one F25 left to use so i do have something to launch the ol' tomahawk.
guess i should have checked in the forum.
i was looking at the 'Rocketry Online' vendors list and they looked like a good bet. i probably should not be using the word bet from what you have told me.
well the time clock has started and we will just wait and see.
If nothing else, pull a stop payment on him and make him pay the credit card company out of his pocket.

I've had good and bad experiences with DHC. The bad were usually when I ordered straight from the web site without contacting them first. When I've called to make sure they have what I want in stock, there are no problems. I think they operate in a pre-internet instant gratification dimension. They're actually pretty nice over the phone. My $.02...

MetMan

On DHC, I also have mixed feelings. I have found that they will finally deliver, but they have the unorthodox method of charging your credit card before shipping. And even though their website says something is in stock, it may not be (or they have a very loose definition of "in stock"). Better to call and check. One recent example--I waited two months for them to complete my order for a PML Excalibur and a LOC 4-29SS even though my credit card was charged the day after the order was placed via their website.

I wouldn't order from DHC (Discount Hobby Center) either.
Even though they said they were in stock, they probably lied.

I received only part of my only order them, and the other items were marked out of stock on my invoice, but they still charged me. After much communication I didn't get anything out of them. They were very nice on the phone, telling me they'd correct it, but never did. I asked for replacement items, or a refund, but got nothing. Lost about $40. They didn't even respond to the emails.

Good luck to anyone who has ordered from them.

I guess it's easy to offer the lowest prices when you only fill about half the orders you charge for.
How are they still in business?

Tim

well, after/if i get my engines from DHC- who all would you suggest for good pricing/sure delivery. i have bought things through A2Z and Hobbylinc but trying to find aerotech motor in stock and at a good price has been a problem - sorry i just don't want to be buying F-25s and not be paying $16 a piece like hobby town is charging.

any suggestions.

Great Lakes Hobbies

They seem to have great prices, and they only list what's available on their website, and don't charge hazmat for motors that don't need it. They're quick, and good.

Loopy

Back