Aerotech mantis pad rma'd replacement parts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 46033

Reaction score
Am I missing something here? I'm no Einstein but look at the pic, The WHITE piece is the piece that broke that I RMA'd and glued (this white piece is a spare, the one that broke, broke in the center and the dude at aerotech saw the pic and knew what i was talking about), they sent me TWO of the red pieces and thats it. I',m glad that JB weld is better than their plastic cause at least my temp fix is still stronger and thicker than the crap red plastic they sent me.
Can someone tell me why there's no T-bar to glue on the red screw pieces and what whoever packed these was thinkinking KNOWING they break in the center screw is, and didnt sent new t-bars?
Am i hallucinating or something or did aerotech just drop the ball on sending me a replacement screw with the t-bar? oh sure, i got two new red screws to replace my other broken white one, but now i have to use a 30+ year old spare I had since I got half the set. Unless it's like legos or a transformer now and I need to find a hidden button.
Is it me or did they F up and drop the ball and make me wait 6 weeks for nothing. The white one is my 30+ year old one, the red one is what they sent me (they sent me TWO of what is red)
Something is missing there dontchathink

Attachments

• 20240112_195605.jpg
    20240112_195605.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
They forgot to send you the T-Bar.

yeah they sure did, they forgot to send me TWO and sent me two modern day thin as crap screw bars
the one that broke that i RMA'd that I JB we;ded is THICKER and i can bet my kids lives on it that they wont break even if aerotech sends the rest of the parts.
I hope their motors aren't like this cause now I'm never buoying a aerotech product again cause in email i was told "its your fault for sending a whole picture and not pointing arrows at what was broke" when the picture i sent was a primered white whole tbar BROKEN IN THE CENTER OF THE SCREW with the round screw at the left end that has no t-bar and the broken end the screw bar with the super gluded tbar. and the best part? the 30 year old manual i have (yes, my pad is that old plus some and NO i did NOT ask for anything free but by the S/N they pulled up the dates for everything and APOLOGIZED then send me half the parts, so its great, it makes me want to keep buying american cause look at the white untouched 30 year old spare and the new red ones they have and you tell me which is thicker and which will probably last longer. I used the heavy JB weld on the broke screw amd its great, its like way stronger than 30 year old plastic now. BUT thats not the point, i asked aerotech what i can do, they said they would send a couple complete t bar sets, what they sent me is light plastic garbage without the t-bar thats not even the same color as my 30+ year old kit.
I hope their engines dont explode

Back