Aerotech L1150R assembly question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PokerJones

Reaction score
I'm building an AT L1150 for Airfest and it uses a fiber forward insulator instead of the FSD, problem is the motor kit didn't include the insulator.

Is there any reason I can't use a forward seal disk in place of the fiber disk?

I've assembled it and everything goes together just as it should.

I'm building an AT L1150 for Airfest and it uses a fiber forward insulator instead of the FSD, problem is the motor kit didn't include the insulator.

Is there any reason I can't use a forward seal disk in place of the fiber disk?

I've assembled it and everything goes together just as it should.

Absolutely not . I use a FSD in all my motors that call for a fiber washer .

Eric

Agree,

I use the FSD in all.

If there's room, use it in place of the fiber.

Me too. Ran into the same issue last year with an AT M1550. Instructions called for a fiber washer but there was none. However, there was an extra FSD O-ring though. Apparently there had been an assembly change and the parts got changed before the instruction sheet. Worked fine with the FSD. That is my preference too.

Thanks for the info guys. I assumed it was Ok to use the FSD, just wanted to double check.

It's funny you mention the extra O ring Joe, my kit also included one which is why I went ahead and used the FSD instead of trying to get a replacement insulator from AT.

I think your right about the instructions being changed on that M1550, I know everything from 75/5120 and up call for the FSD now.

I had a L1390G that had a fiber washer, and no O-ring for a FSD. I got this secondhand, and the seller said that the fiber washer would work. I backed this up with a phone call to Wildman who sold it to the seller. Graciously, Tim was kind enough to take my call before business hours on a Saturday AM. He said go for it. So I did. Worked fine.

I'd call your vendor to make sure.

-Mike

Back