AeroTech L1 & L2 Promotion Participating Dealers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garoq

Reaction score
Level 2 Participants:
Wildman's Rocket Supply, Van Orin, IL, 1-815-638-3200
Countdown Hobbies, Bethel , CT, Ph: 1-203-790-9010
Hangar 11, Washingtonville, NY, Ph: 1-845-926-1959
Here & Beyond Industries, Corrales, NM, 1-505-898-6583
Hobbytown USA, Ft. Collins, CO, 1-303-774-1557
Idaho Rocketry, Nampa, ID, Ph: 1-208-631-9297
Merlin Missiles Solutions, Batavia, OH, Ph: 1-513-702-3418
Puget Sound Propulsion, Seattle, WA, 1-206-368-7430
Tammies Hobbies-Beaverton, OR, Ph: 1-503-644-4535

L1 & L2 Participants

Adventure Hobbies, Chandler, AZ, Ph: 1-480-722-9365
Al's Hobby Shop, Elmhurst, IL, Ph: 1-630-832-4908
CLE Enterprises, Houston, TX, Ph: 1-281-856-9967
Commonwealth Displays, Southgate, MI, Ph: 1-734-282-1055
Giant Leap Rocketry, Baton Rouge, LA, Ph: 1-225-769-6040
New Horizons Hobbies, Howey in the Hills, FL, Ph: 1-407-970-9110
Red Arrow Hobbies, Stevensville, MI, Ph: 1-269-429-8233
Rocketmotion/Mojave Desert, Bakersfield, CA, Ph: 1-661-588-6922
Scale Rockets, Vista, CA, Ph: 1-760-224-0950
Science Education Center, Wichita, KS, 1-316-682-1921
Sunriver Nature Center, Sunriver, OR, Ph: 1-541-598-4406
What's up Hobbies-Santee, CA, Ph: 1-619-258-2537

Gary,

Any chance of grandfathering this current promotion back for those of us who took advantage of the L1/L2 deal at NSL last year for the H128 and J350 loads?

WW

Gary,

Since i was the one who asked you to post a list of the participating vendors, I want to thank you for following through.

I plan to contact my local vendor tomorrow.

Thanks.

Thanks Aerotech and RouseTech! I hope I get the chance to take advantage of this great opportunity. :)

Originally posted by wwattles
Gary,

Any chance of grandfathering this current promotion back for those of us who took advantage of the L1/L2 deal at NSL last year for the H128 and J350 loads?

WW
Sorry, no grandfathering. Didn't you get your reload for free?

Originally posted by garoq
Sorry, no grandfathering. Didn't you get your reload for free?

Yes, I did! And I thank you very much!

I just saw this new promotion out, and wondered if it was somehow connected to last year's NSL promotion, or if it was a new program, and you've answered that question.

I'm glad I got my free reloads, and got certified both L1 and L2 using those free reloads. But the cheap son-of-a-gun in me kinda wishes I'd waited until this year. (Kinda like the cheap son-of-a-gun in me wishes I'd bought stock in Google back when it first opened!)

WW

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
Thanks Gary

This is gonna help me out a bunch. I already have one with my name on it.:D

When do you plan on doing your cert, Donald? I won't be at this months launch..family obligations.

Originally posted by MarkM
When do you plan on doing your cert, Donald? I won't be at this months launch..family obligations.

It most likely won't be this month. I need Dennis to be there so I can pick up my casing and reload.

I'm basically good to go though, aced the practice test on the TRA website.:D

It most likely won't be this month. I need Dennis to be there so I can pick up my casing and reload.

Then do it next month :). By then I'll have my 3" Thor clone done...haven't decided if maiden flight will be on I-211 or J-350.

Gary,

These are awesome deals, I got my J350 and the 38/720 hardware last launch, and I'm still shocked by how awesome this special is.

Now we're all curious; Any plans for L3? :D:D:D

Then do it next month :). By then I'll have my 3" Thor clone done...haven't decided if maiden flight will be on I-211 or J-350.

Or better yet, borrow Harold's 54/1706 casing and buy his K185.:D

We'll see what happens. Since I'll be expecting about 3,000-3,500 feet with the Raptor/J350, I need the wind to be as light as possible.;)

Or better yet, borrow Harold's 54/1706 casing and buy his K185.:D

That will be a motor I eventually use, but probably not at our field. I'll go to West Palm for those flights. Max I'll put up at our field will be the loads for the AMW 54/1050 (too bad the skids aren't allowed).

We'll see what happens. Since I'll be expecting about 3,000-3,500 feet with the Raptor/J350, I need the wind to be as light as possible.;)

Should be an interesting flight. How are you going to put it up on anything larger since you didn't configure it for dual deploy. Can you go back and do it?

BTW..are you using an Aeropack 54/38 adapter or someone else's? If using an Aeropack I want to borrow it for my flight.

Should be an interesting flight. How are you going to put it up on anything larger since you didn't configure it for dual deploy. Can you go back and do it?

BTW..are you using an Aeropack 54/38 adapter or someone else's? If using an Aeropack I want to borrow it for my flight.

I suppose I could reconfigure it for dual deployment but I would need a new section of tubing and an electronics bay. I might end up doing that down the road but for now, I plan to use it for larger Is mostly. The I600R is one motor I can't wait to fly it on.:D

I wasn't using an adaptor, I was using those Dr. Rocket forward and aft 54/38mm expansion closures. Very simple but yet, very effective.:D

If you'd like, I'll let you borrow them.:)

I wasn't using an adaptor, I was using those Dr. Rocket forward and aft 54/38mm expansion closures. Very simple but yet, very effective.:D

If you'd like, I'll let you borrow them.:)

That's right. Now, I remember. I can't use those...at least not the forward one since I need a plugged front closure since the flight is altimeter controlled. I'm not going to mess around trying to plug a front closure with vasoline like some suggest...I need a true plugged front closure.

Originally posted by Nate
Gary,

These are awesome deals, I got my J350 and the 38/720 hardware last month, and I'm still shocked by how awesome this special is.

Now we're all curious; Any plans for L3? :D:D:D
No plans. Yet.

You should take the written test while it is fresh in your mind. Then it will be out of the way and you can make the flight when you are ready. Oh yeah, and don't get any ideas about my K motors.....

Gary....

I've talked to several vendors who are saying they're awaiting the 29mm Level one sets.

Is this indeed true...there WILL be more being shipped out?

If so...WHEN??? What's the ETA.

And are all these 'specials' Rouse-Tech hardware + AT loads, or are they a mix of AT & Rouse-Tech hardware & it's anybody's guess as to what will be shipped?

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Dean

Originally posted by Deandome
Gary....

I've talked to several vendors who are saying they're awaiting the 29mm Level one sets.

Is this indeed true...there WILL be more being shipped out?

If so...WHEN??? What's the ETA.

And are all these 'specials' Rouse-Tech hardware + AT loads, or are they a mix of AT & Rouse-Tech hardware & it's anybody's guess as to what will be shipped?

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Dean
I'm awaiting a return call from the hardware supplier, as they were supposedly at the anodizer. So we will hopefully start shipping them next week.

The hardware will be Rouse-Tech.

I hope that everyone involved likes these L1 and L2 special offers!
It took some work for everyone involved to get things ironed out so Gary could put the packages together.

On a side note, I just returned home from a business trip to Arizona. Did you know that is has not rained there for over 145 days!!!!
Even the scorpions and black widows are gettin thirsty.

No wonder those AHPRA guys feel right at home in Black Rock. :)

Who mentioned a Level Three special promo?
Thats not going to happen. WAY too expensive for us to do that one.

How about a Level 1/2 promo? Pushin the limits.

Well I'm already NAR Jr L1 and I can't take advantage of the L1 prom and I'm not old enough to take advantage of the L2 prom yet I still have 10 more months to wait untill I can go for my L2. :mad: This means I'm probably gona have to pay full price for my 38/720 RT RMS with closures and J350. I hope this L2 prom is around for another 10 months.

Originally posted by harsas

Oh yeah, and don't get any ideas about my K motors.....

That's it!!!

New club project, we strap two K motors to Harold's feet.:D

Good idea though, I think I'll take the L2 exam this month.

After taking (and passing) the L2 test, how long does one have to get the L2 flight in?

Answered my own question already - 1 year.

Back