Aerotech J615 Aerospike

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to order but it says it can't deliver to my address? Any ideas?

That nozzle is great. Any one have photos of the flame?

What is the draw with the aerospike? I was present when we tested 3 of these for TMT and saw absolutely no difference in sound or visuals.

What is the draw with the aerospike? I was present when we tested 3 of these for TMT and saw absolutely no difference in sound or visuals.
Novelty IMO as most flyers will never need/see the Aerospikes true capabilities which shine at higher altitudes. Its also a slight bit more of a pain for RSO's as the igniter has to be inserted during assembly, not my favorite thing in a larger motor.

Not really a larger motor in my opinion,its just a 2 grain 54. Pain in the butt to assemble but I love blue motors. Not enough novelty to warrant a purchase. I'll just stick with the J180 and J460.

Personally I think this motor fits a need that the 2 Grain 54mm case has for me. I sold my motor because I rarely used it, because the loads for it the don't produce enough thrust to lift what I fly (I am not interested in the Warp9 load), and the rockets I could fly with it would outfly the fields I have access too. My Super Magnum for example would fly great on this motor on small field flying, where a J460T sims to slow off the launch pad. So unless the weather conditions were perfect, I wouldn't try it. The introduction of this load has me seriously considering buying a 2 Grain 54mm Motor, and this load for my Super Magnum. I may also buy a J90 and build a new EZI for it since I am hoping to go to a big launch next year where there will be room for such shenanigans.

Personally I think this motor fits a need that the 2 Grain 54mm case has for me. I sold my motor because I rarely used it, because the loads for it the don't produce enough thrust to lift what I fly (I am not interested in the Warp9 load), and the rockets I could fly with it would outfly the fields I have access too. My Super Magnum for example would fly great on this motor on small field flying, where a J460T sims to slow off the launch pad. So unless the weather conditions were perfect, I wouldn't try it. The introduction of this load has me seriously considering buying a 2 Grain 54mm Motor, and this load for my Super Magnum. I may also buy a J90 and build a new EZI for it since I am hoping to go to a big launch next year where there will be room for such shenanigans.

This is where the ST loads in short cases is really going to be a game changer I think. When you need something to fly the field and everything else is too low thrust or too long of a burn. K750ST for instance, absolutely PERFECT motor. And the K1800 that is coming next, again, PERFECT motor.

2 Boost.jpg

Flew one of these motors this weekend. Very satisfying level of noise and flame!

Back