AeroTech Information Release 3/9/09

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garoq

Reaction score
AeroTech Information Release

3/9/09

Tripoli Motor Testing Certifies New High-Power Mojave Green Reload Kit

The Tripoli Motor Testing (TMT) Committee of the Tripoli Rocketry Association has certified a new AeroTech high-power Mojave Green™ propellant RMS™ reload, the L1390G-P.

mojave_green225.jpg

The L1390G-P fits AeroTech, Dr. Rocket™ and Rouse-Tech™ 75/3840 RMS hardware, delivers a maximum thrust of 408 pounds and produces Mojave Green's signature vivid green flame with brilliant and distinct "mach diamonds" and a moderate amount of smoke.

Performance data, specifications and price for the L1390G are as follows:

Reload kit designation: L1390G-P
AeroTech part no.: 12139P
RMS hardware: 75/3840
Total impulse, (N-sec): 3949
Burn time (sec): 2.63
Propellant weight (g): 1973
Loaded motor weight (g): 3876
Suggested retail price: $210.00

The L1390G-P may be sold to NAR or Tripoli Level 2 certified purchasers in possession of an ATFE Low Explosive User Permit (LEUP).

Deliveries to AeroTech's high-power RMS dealers are expected to begin by late March. The TRA certification document, motor instructions and assembly drawing will soon be available for download in PDF format from the Resource Library on the AeroTech website at https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com.

AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is a division of RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc., Cedar City, UT.

Any new warp-9 motors in the future?

A Warp-9 K, L, or M would be sweet assuming the engineering behind something like that isn't too daunting.

A Blue Thunder Reload would be nice for the 75/3840 case as well?? Also a Blue M for the 75/6400 Case would really be nice. Any plans G??

I also read the most recent Tripoli newsletter and they stated they'd authorized a Warp 9 54/852 I99 demo. I want that motor. While I'm wishing I'd also like:

*Mojave Green moon burners for a mid-thrust, ~4 sec burn time (kinda like a J180T)
*38/720 blue thunder ('cause I loves my I435)
*38/1080 Mojave Green (a more efficient J825)
*A 75mm full-M so Curt Von Delius can attain 56,000 feet.

Just sayin'.

When is that 38/360 I59 end burning warp-9 motor I demoed twice going to get certified?

How about a blue thunder reload for the 29/40-120?

Aaron,

IIRC, all we need to do is finish the instructions for the I49/I59N reloads.

A standard Blue Thunder reload for the 29/40-120 case is a high power motor, producing over 80 N ave thrust. This severely limits the market for it. Some careful design adjustments might help to reduce the average thrust to less than 80 N, however.

Aaron,

A standard Blue Thunder reload for the 29/40-120 case is a high power motor, producing over 80 N ave thrust. This severely limits the market for it. Some careful design adjustments might help to reduce the average thrust to less than 80 N, however.

I can think of some rockets I'd love to put an H class load for the 29/40-120 in. I know the market would be limited to HPR users, but it would make a nice cert motor. Think of it as a "gateway drug". Get mid-power guys addicted with a cert motor for their existing case investment. ;)

Not that I'd mind a G80 for that case. :)

The I49 and I59 have me very interested. Get those bad boys out! :)

Aaron,

A G80 type motor for that case would be sah-weet. The F52 for that case is nice and all but if you can duplicate something really similar to what the new G80 SU does that would be awesome.

-Dave

Excellent news... the only AT 76mm case I have is a 3840, so I'm glad that's the one we got a new green load for :D

This one?

IMG_3151.jpg

It needs to be put into production! :eek:

Yep. That was in Ken Finwall's rocket. Nice photo!

I can think of some rockets I'd love to put an H class load for the 29/40-120 in. I know the market would be limited to HPR users, but it would make a nice cert motor. Think of it as a "gateway drug". Get mid-power guys addicted with a cert motor for their existing case investment. ;)

Actually it wouldn't be 'H' class, just a 'G' with over 80 N average thrust. Can't cert with it, and can't sell it except to certified users.

Well as long as we're all wishing out loud......

Jut curious, did ya ever give any thought to doing some 29mm W9 end-burners? 29/40-120 would be excellent or 29-180 or longer i'd love that too.
Maybe one for that new 24/60 case? -wouldn't that be cool- a long burning full 'F' or baby 'G' in a 24mm motor... That motor case would suddenly get very popular with me ;)
I'm sure they would become some of the most popular loads if you did.
I love the idea of some long burn 29mm high impulse /lower thrust motors,
-for scale launch effect for mid-power and low-end high power models
-or as a sustainer in a 2-stage
-and they'd be a good candidate for altitude records if close to a full G or H.

By they way I'm thrilled about the I39/59 and i hope to fly them a lot this summer.
Cant wait to see more like them! keep em coming! :cool::)

Last edited:
Well as long as we're all wishing out loud......

Jut curious, did ya ever give any thought to doing some 29mm W9 end-burners? 29/40-120 would be excellent or 29-180 or longer i'd love that too.
Maybe one for that new 24/60 case? -wouldn't that be cool- a long burning full 'F' or baby 'G' in a 24mm motor... That motor case would suddenly get very popular with me ;)

Did you put W9 and long burning in the same sentance????:confused:

Did you put W9 and long burning in the same sentance????:confused:
END-burners ! :rolleyes:
^^^^^^^^

Thats what the 38mm G69, I49/ I59 are- no hollow core, 100% filled from nozzle to delay grain with that magical propellant :D
Total volumetric efficiency, by far the most propellant you can squeeze into any motor case for its size.
They burn linearly from the nozzle forward- :cool:
The I-59, with a propellant grain over 5-1/2" long, should burn about 4 sec. more or less, once the cert docs are avail, we'll know more precisely....:)

https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/images/g69n_225.jpg
https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/c...wgs/38mm_hp_rms/38-360/38_360_i59n-p_assy.pdf
https://www.rouse-tech.com/motorchart.htm

Actually it wouldn't be 'H' class, just a 'G' with over 80 N average thrust. Can't cert with it, and can't sell it except to certified users.

I'm sure a 38/120 Blue Thunder G121T would fall in that category but it would be cool for 38mm birds like my Pem Tech King Kraken.

I've used and loved all 4 of the 38/120 loads. Now I need some more!!!:D

Well while everyone's talking here:

Are there any new loads coming out for the 24/60 case? I don't have it yet, but I'm thinking of getting one. The F load for it looks nice, but I'd like to have more options before I invest in a new case.

Back