AeroTech Information Release 3/20/09

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garoq

Reaction score
AeroTech Information Release

3/20/09

AeroTech Unveils New 24mm Single-Use Motor at NARCON 2009

AeroTech is releasing its first new 24mm single-use motor since 2001, the 24 X 95mm Blue Thunder™ F32T, during NARCON 2009 in Wethersfield, CT.

The F32T features an all-new molded phenolic casing with a built-in thrust ring, a new molded plastic bulkhead and uses a specially-optimized version of AeroTech's Blue Thunder propellant which delivers an astounding specific impulse of 225 seconds! The F32T produces a beautiful translucent blue exhaust plume with "mach diamonds" similar to the redesigned G80T. With a propellant weight of only 25.8 grams, the F32T may be shipped via U.S. Mail Parcel Post® with no hazmat fee. The F32T will be available in three time delays: F32-4T (P/N 63204), F32-6T (P/N 63206) and F32-8T (P/N 63208)

f32_photo225.jpg

The National Association of Rocketry (NAR) certified total impulse for the F32T is 56.9 N-sec. The 225 second delivered Isp is the highest ever recorded for a NAR-certified model rocket motor. Other statistics include a burn time of 1.66 seconds, an average thrust of 34.1 newtons, peak thrust of 61.9 newtons, propellant mass of 25.8 grams and an initial mass of 65 grams. It may be used interchangeably in kits designed for other 24 X 95mm motors such as the black powder E9. The F32T has the same initial mass as the E9, but delivers over twice the total impulse.

The F32T single-use motor will be available from AeroTech and its dealers at an introductory price of $15.90 each. The F32T has already been approved by the California Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) for sale and use by California consumers.

f32t_arreaux225.jpg

Motor instructions, the official NAR certification document and the OSFM approval for the F32T are now available for download in PDF format from the Resource Library on the AeroTech website at https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com. (Liftoff photo by Bob Sanford)

AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is a division of RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc., Cedar City, UT.

Last edited:
Holy Frijoles!

I am totally losing my new Thrustline Duster clone...:eek:

This would also make for an awesome reload for the 24/60 motor.:D

I flew an F35W yesterday, great little motor. Hopefully more 24/60 reloads will be available soon.

Nice. I'm loving that flame. Is there any word on the rerelease of the F21 and new reloads for the 24/60?

Alright, thanks. I'll be waiting patiently in my little cave. In the mean time, I'll try out some other motors I haven't flown yet. Really want to try the G76 and G80.

Here's the NEW G80. :D

I'm assuming that was the shortest delay available G80-7. How was the ejection relative to reaching apogee? I'll bet is was pretty close. And you can clearly see it teleporting off the rod VERY fast (look at theose leads/clips up in the air).

I'm assuming that was the shortest delay available G80-7. How was the ejection relative to reaching apogee? I'll bet is was pretty close. And you can clearly see it teleporting off the rod VERY fast (look at theose leads/clips up in the air).

It was a G80-7T motor.

The motor ejection occurred just at apogee. There was no wind.

Even in a rocket weighing nearly three pounds, the new AeroTech G80 motor can really kick! :D

The new SU BT motors really have quite a flame (and quite a kick). I've flown one of the G80-13's in my Arreaux - it really scoots :)

Back