AeroTech Information Release 10/29/09

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garoq

Reaction score
AeroTech Information Release

10/29/09

NAR Certifies New AeroTech E20W Motor

The National Association of Rocketry (NAR) Standards & Testing (S&T) Committee has certified AeroTech’s new E20W model rocket motor.

The motor features an all-new molded phenolic casing with a built-in thrust ring, a molded delay/ejection bulkhead and ships with a FirstFire Jr.™ 2-lead igniter. Delay times will be initially offered in 4 and 7 seconds, though a 10 second delay was also certified. The suggested retail price of the new E20W is $19.99 per 2-pack.

4056914896_51f4747402.jpg

NAR certified test values include a total impulse of 35.0 N-sec, burn time of 1.60 seconds, peak thrust of 34.9 newtons and an average thrust of 21.8 newtons.

The motors will soon be in production and shipments to dealers and distributors are expected to begin within the next few weeks.

The NAR certification document for the new E20W is now available for download in PDF format from the "Certification Documents" page of the AeroTech Resource Library at https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com. The E20W motor instructions are also available for download from the "Instructions" page of the Library.

AeroTech now has a page on Facebook! Follow the very latest AeroTech news, information, product developments and testing at https://www.facebook.com/pages/AeroTech-Consumer-Aerospace/159005948954

AeroTech Consumer Aerospace is a division of RCS Rocket Motor Components, Inc., Cedar City, UT.

Last edited:
...got a 24mm G40 coming down the pipes anytime soon? Used to love flying the old G55's back in the day;)

Mr. Gary,
Would that be for the 24/60 hardware?
I love the F35's. Any other loads in the pipeline for it?

I would think a 24mm RMS G motor would require a longer casing. The reason is that for example, the F35W is only 57 N/S. In order to be able to squeeze at least another 24 N/S out of the 24/60 motor would require the use of a very high efficiency propellant and even then it probably couldn't be done.;)

So a longer case to where you could easily stuff more propellant into it would be required.

With that being said, I would like a 24mm RMS G motor and some Redline and Blue Thunder loads for the 24/60 motor.:D

I would think a 24mm RMS G motor would require a longer casing. The reason is that for example, the F35W is only 57 N/S. In order to be able to squeeze at least another 24 N/S out of the 24/60 motor would require the use of a very high efficiency propellant and even then it probably couldn't be done.;)

So a longer case to where you could easily stuff more propellant into it would be required.

With that being said, I would like a 24mm RMS G motor and some Redline and Blue Thunder loads for the 24/60 motor.:D

An 80Ns load, barely a G, for the 24/60 case would require an Isp of around 280 - way higher than even optimized Blue Thunder and Warp Nine. It'll take a case about 6" long to get a 100Ns G. Hopefully it'll be at least compatible with the 24/60 hardware.

That would be really cool.

Would it consist of two F35W grains to make it roughly a G70???;)

The 'G' would most likely be a core burner and unfortunately, probably over 80 N average. A C-slot 'G' would require a thicker paper liner to protect the case, or a phenolic liner which would increase cost.

The 'G' would most likely be a core burner and unfortunately, probably over 80 N average. A C-slot 'G' would require a thicker paper liner to protect the case, or a phenolic liner which would increase cost.

A "High power" 24 mm load. Cool

Back