Aerotech in a Koson case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apburner

APBurner
Reaction score
I own a mid 90's 75mm 4 grain Kosdon case. I have read that some Aerotech reloads can be used in Kosdon cases. How does this work and are there any issues with doing so on a baby M motor.

Not sure what sizes exist, but Kosdon by Aerotech (KBA) is likely what you are looking for. I can't remember if it is AT propellant cast for a Kosdon case what the deal is. I'm sure more will join in that actually bought / owned / used the things.

There are no certified loads for a 4800. The only 3" certified loads for KBA is for the 75/7600 case. Loads are M1450W and M3500R. Alternately you can load any Pro 75 2,3,or 4 grain load in your case using the Cti Hubcap adapter. This is a certified configuration. You can also use Aerotech 75/5120 loads in your case. You will need to supply forward seal disk and a #143 oring for the nozzle carrier, along with the Cti Hubcap adapter. This configuration works, I did it last Monday but it is not certified. It's ok on research days. The nozzle carrier will come with the Hubcap adapter. Good luck, you have many options available to you.

The only certified 75mm reloads are actually for the AMW 75-7600 hardware, the M1450W and M3500R. Great reloads.

Bob, Aerotech yes. The entire pro75 line is certified in AMW hardware using the Hubcap adapter.

So I got my hands on the case it is labled a 3.0-5300. So I am assuming this is a 4 grain case and will work with the 4 grain CTI's? But since this is not long enough to take the AT certified motors I will still be out of luck till CTI started making big motors again.

So I got my hands on the case it is labled a 3.0-5300. So I am assuming this is a 4 grain case and will work with the 4 grain CTI's? But since this is not long enough to take the AT certified motors I will still be out of luck till CTI started making big motors again.

What is the length of the case?

Of course it is. Read my first post.

To put in perspective with Loki (he labels a few cases with a slightly different Max Rating vs AMW and Kosdon but the lengths are virtually the same)

The case you have that is 30.875" and is the Kosdon/AmW/Loki 6000n case, it is a 5 grain.
That case will house a CTI or AT 5-grain reload. The CTI reload is certified to use in the AMW case with the hub-cap and nozzle holder.
I have loaded a 4-grain reload in that same case with a CTI spacer, therefore you have many choices of 4g or 5g reloads for that case.
75-4800- w-HubCap.jpgAT M-1297 nozzle in K 6kN case.jpg

I made a 75-4800n case (that is a Loki EX case) for 4g reloads out of an old 6000 case that had a damaged end.
It holds the AT-M1297 reload (a fine one at that with a huge white flame), you can do a 3g reload with a CTI spacer
75-4800 - AT M-1297-4g.jpg

This is a Loki 8000n (or AMW7600) case with an AT-1850 6g reload. It took a special CTI spacer that was cut 1/2" shorter.
(I prefer using thrust washers forward and aft underneath the snap ring.
76-8000 - AT M-1850-6g.jpg

75mm CTI reloads are certified in the AMW snap ring case, with hubcap & nozzle holder.
75mm CTI reloads are certified in the AT RMS hardware
75mm AT reloads are certified in CTI hdw (provided you use a single-throat nozzle.)

ANY CONFIGURATION outside of the above will be considered EX and must be flown under EX rules.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back