Aerotech Grain Spacers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So about 30 bucks each. plus 20 for the "Optional" closure ok.

and Again It does not say if they will need re certification. although the question was asked in that article and never answered either.

And again, how will warranty be covered, If I use one in say an Rouse-tech Case who covers replacing the case if there happens to be a warranty situation?

From the Rocketry Planet link provided in thread...."AeroTech is working with the Tripoli Rocketry Association to approve the new adapter system and make it available to consumers as quickly as possible. A test plan is being negotiated and certification should be completed by mid-October. Additional news will be released and posted to the AeroTech website at https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com as it becomes available."

After reading several threads about the Aerotech announcement it is clear that a handful of individuals have personal issues with Aerotech. While it makes for some interesting reading I find little, if any, value towards developing a dialog about the announcement.

After reading several threads about the Aerotech announcement it is clear that a handful of individuals have personal issues with Aerotech. While it makes for some interesting reading I find little, if any, value towards developing a dialog about the announcement.

Amen. There about 6-8 people that hate Gary and everything Aerotech. Whenever anyone starts a thread about an Aerotech product--especially Gary--they go nuts. Some of them want to go back to the Stone Age and make sure that everyone knows that Gary never invented anything--or had an original idea. It has become a bore. Let's just get it all out: Gary has never even been to a rocket launch. He found an old overcoat on a park bench that he was sleeping on--and in the pocket were the instructions to manufacture rocket motors. He has been living off the contents of that overcoat ever since. That guy I saw in Apache Junction, Arizona in '91 with all kinds of reloadablle hardware in his hands was definitely not Gary. He may have said he was--probably a lie. Even Harry Stine said he was from Aerotech--definitely a lie. Of course it was nice of that stranger to send our club a large number of reloads--up thru "K" for a demo we put on for the CPSC a few months later.

From the Rocketry Planet link provided in thread...."AeroTech is working with the Tripoli Rocketry Association to approve the new adapter system and make it available to consumers as quickly as possible. A test plan is being negotiated and certification should be completed by mid-October. Additional news will be released and posted to the AeroTech website at https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com as it becomes available."

That is the information I was looking for, I guess I overlooked it. I asked their "Company representative" twice because I thought he would know this information. But twice he did not respond to it.
I also think the question about who will be covering warranty is very important. If One fails and a flier does not know who to have handle it, What can they do? start asking everyone. maybe, isnt it easier to know right up front. that way if it happens there isint a bunch of people asking the same dumb question over and over again and getting frusterated?
I think this information is very important. For anyone that Does RSO duty etc. you need to know exactly what is approved/certified and what is not. I'm sorry if you think its more than that. Wouldn't it look bad on our hobby if say they were not certified and someone did not know that, then there was an accident and someone got hurt because of it. do you think that has no value? lf you do, you are wrong.

Every persons safety and who is responsible for it is very important. How would you feel if one of your loved one got seriously hurt because someone did knot know the proper rules?

Last edited:
Someone was asking somewhere about the standard retaining ring for the AeroTech Reload Adapter System so here is a photo:

3969950042_29ff8abaee.jpg

The production parts should be anodized in a bluish-gray color.

Thanks for the pics.:cool:

Looks interesting. I suspect I'll pick one up when they become available.

Al

Hi Gary:

I stand corrected my friend. I got the info there from Frank at LDRS 9 I think. He may have not known at time you already had them out. Hey either way you have the patent and were selling them at LDRS 9. I have a few ISP cassing still with serial numbers in the 10's. That was interesting launch the last time I saw Jerry I. show up to a LDRS.

Cheers
John ..:)

I
Hi John, Gary here. I just got off the phone with Frank K. to check the facts. Frank confirms that he first publicly displayed and sold reloadables during LDRS in Hartsel, CO in 1990, and they were tested on the AeroTech test stand the following February. AeroTech displayed and flew RMS motors at a Black Rock launch a few months earlier, and also sold motors at the Hartsel LDRS in 1990. AeroTech began designing the first reloadables in 1988.

Back