AeroTech G35 Problems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Gentlemen,

this thread saved many innocent lives ;) ... Thanx for sharing.

Still I need to stress and ask about G40s. A fellow rocketeer had 3 consecutive CATOs including rocket termination; the first two took place in mid-air while the last one (few days ago) occured on the pad; he showed a video and the CATOing pattern was extremely dangerous. Anyway: any codes about (IF) faulty G40s? Some folks at my club are relying on TRF to unveil unpleasent details just before the worst happens :( .

Thanks again,

can you post the video? I too have seen at least one G40 cato during the July launch... there was many catos at that launch....

We continue to have difficulties with our single use motor casing vendor. It has been very frustrating to say the least.

However...

The new molded "G" case was tested again last week with fantastic results. We anticipate further testing to be successful as we work on solving these problems. We more than likely will be focusing on the G40's on an initial motor production run once we tell this vendor to go ahead with the run of these new cases.

We are getting much closer!:cool:

I still have not been asked for a cap/ POP, should I just send it in whenever? Also, Joe, how is the production coming? I would like to launch one of these soon :)

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
I still have not been asked for a cap/ POP, should I just send it in whenever? Also, Joe, how is the production coming? I would like to launch one of these soon :)
You will NOT be contacted by Aerotech! You have to initiate the warranty claim. The instructions on the Aerotech website said to remove the paper caps from the ends of the motors and mail them to Aerotech requesting replacement motors or an equivalent replacement.

I'd also like to know how things are progressing. I sent in 4 caps and am waiting patiently for my G35's. I have one rocket that flys perfectly with the G35 and it's getting flying fever again. ;)

Originally posted by MarkABrown

I'd also like to know how things are progressing. I sent in 4 caps and am waiting patiently for my G35's. I have one rocket that flys perfectly with the G35 and it's getting flying fever again. ;)

Me too!!! I sent in 4 caps and have a rocket that pretty much has to have this motor to fly. It sits, sadly collecting dust:( :( :(

Originally posted by SwingWing
Me too!!! I sent in 4 caps and have a rocket that pretty much has to have this motor to fly. It sits, sadly collecting dust:( :( :(

Countdown had G35s for $15 for the two pack. They replaced the caps themselves and sold them without warranty. I bought some before Kevin sold it. They weren't from the bad batches. They reopen tomorrow (9/30). Before they started the remodeling the new owners told me they still had them and they were still discounted, something like 4 packs of 4 second and 11 packs of 7 second, or the other way around. I'll call first and if they still have them for that price go pick some up. Last chance before moving and all.

Originally posted by DynaSoar
Countdown had G35s for $15 for the two pack. They replaced the caps themselves and sold them without warranty. I bought some before Kevin sold it. They weren't from the bad batches. They reopen tomorrow (9/30). Before they started the remodeling the new owners told me they still had them and they were still discounted, something like 4 packs of 4 second and 11 packs of 7 second, or the other way around. I'll call first and if they still have them for that price go pick some up. Last chance before moving and all.
That whole thing smells. If they aren't from the bad batches, why wouldn't they be warrantied? Why would they replace the caps
(and the batch numbers?)

What do I need to do to ship these things? They have some loose BP on them, so I assume there must be some regulation? Should I just say "class C toy propellant"?

That whole thing smells. If they aren't from the bad batches, why wouldn't they be warrantied? Why would they replace the caps
(and the batch numbers?)

The answer to both questions is: Because AT decided to replace all the G35s shipped during a certain time. To get them replaced they have to send in the caps. Doing so means that engine was considered to be out of circulation and thus to be replaced.

They could have destroyed the motors. Instead they offered to sell them cheap. I don't know if they ever bothered to find out whether they were from the batches that actually had problems or not. As I recall they replacement offer was made before they figured out exactly which motor batches were bad. They definitely made sure I understood what they were offering before I bought them. I found out myself after buying some that they weren't from the bad batches.

They get new G35s eventually (AT is having casing supplier problems) and I get cheap G35s ($14.99 for a two pack), knowing ahead of time I'm not getting a warranty, but also knowing I'm not buying motors from one of the 3 serial numbered batches that were bad. We both make out and AT is out nothing they weren't already out by making the replacement offer. What smells about that?

What smells about that?
There are a number of things that smell about that, but in the interest of keeping TRF from becoming RMR like, I'll abstain from pointing them out.

Countdown had G35s for $15 for the two pack. They replaced the caps themselves and sold them without warranty.

This is unacceptable.

We are floored to learn that this is happening. I must stress to anyone that is caught attempting to claim a warranty from this type of scenario will be denied and any dealer and/or distributor or hobby shop guilty of performing these actions will have their dealerships and/or distributorships with us revoked.

To those of you that do have a G35 on warranty, that situation is still unchanged. However, we are going to begin contacting those of you that have warranty claims in with us about accepting the new molded case G40 as an alternative that we are currently preparing for production. This is the best we can do at this time.

The G35 itself is still being discussed as to what we are going to do and how we are going to proceed.

Originally posted by Joe Burger

To those of you that do have a G35 on warranty, that situation is still unchanged. However, we are going to begin contacting those of you that have warranty claims in with us about accepting the new molded case G40 as an alternative that we are currently preparing for production. This is the best we can do at this time.
Joe,
In light of the news that the G35 econojet is being discontinued, will you be replacing them with G40's or G38's? I have sent in caps from 4 motors ages ago, and I am wondering if you still have my info?? Should I just sit tight? Or should I contact customer service??

EDIT: Come to think of it, my email address (domain only) has changed since I submitted the claims. Should I contact customer service??

EDIT: Come to think of it, my email address (domain only) has changed since I submitted the claims. Should I contact customer service??

If you have a new email address, then you should contact Craig in the warranty department. [email protected] he is initiating contact with those of you that do have warranties on the G35 via email to let you know that you would be offered the G40's as an alternate. You can contact him at 1-435-865-7100 option 3 if you prefer.

I am not sure who you are by your screen name here so please let Craig know. I am sure that you are still in the plan if you had submitted your claim.

Some Good News.

All of the G35 warranties have been converted to the G40 and shipping is beginning today. Those that do not ship today, will ship next week.

Thank you all for your patience with this matter.

The G35 is still going to be made correct..??

Sorry been gone for three months and trying to catch up on posts...if i didn't read carefully enough up above..

I think the answer is no, its been discontinued. They will make the G38J, but at G40 prices.

Well, I finally got my G40's this weekend. Aerotech is a class act! Even though the G35's are packaged in two's and the G40's are packaged singly, Aerotech replaced my G35's 1-for-1. I can't wait to give them a try. I've never flown a G40 before.

I've never flown a G40 before.

Well, Mark, your in for a treat. You just can't beat a White Lightning 3+ second burn time!

Jason

Well, I finally got my G40's this weekend. Aerotech is a class act! Even though the G35's are packaged in two's and the G40's are packaged singly, Aerotech replaced my G35's 1-for-1. I can't wait to give them a try. I've never flown a G40 before.

Mark, do you know the replacement offer is still valid? I still have a pack of G35's from the bad batch. I guess I overlooked the warranty replacement discussion (or never acted on it).

BTW, the new G40s kick butt. I put two in my 29mm Upscale Deuce and let it rip at ROCStock XX. The smoke and flame are great. See attached.

My guess would be yes. I don't recall there being any deadline for a warranty claim on the G35's. Just contact Aerotech warranty dept. and ask.

Originally posted by jetra2
Well, Mark, your in for a treat. You just can't beat a White Lightning 3+ second burn time!

Jason

Sadly... the G40 no longer has a 3 second plus burn :(. They reduced the TI to 100 n/s, and the burn time is now 2.5 seconds.

I liked the original G40's better :(.

Back