Aerotech DMS O Motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salvage-1

Certified
Reaction score
Yup, I have just recieved a post on Facebook about the new DMS O Motor with Propellant X.

Anyone any other info?? price??

There was a public demonstration at XPRS last year -
[video=vimeo;157194239]https://vimeo.com/157194239[/video]

It is the biggest Aerotech motor yet, and only the second in Propellant X. I am not sure if it has been flown yet, but I know a few have been burned on the ground. Last I heard it is effectively ready but certification has been slow, and they were making the latest round of Super Thunder motors a priority.

It should be in the neighborhood of 21000ns total, average thrust around 5800ns. The DMS casing is longer than the 98/15360 but I am still waiting on the exact length.

If the rest of the DMS line is any indication.... It should make for awesome photos!

No DMS N. First?
Aim at an O and get an N, not bad.....
..... get a 1% O... awesome

It should be in the neighborhood of 21000ns total, average thrust around 5800ns. The DMS casing is longer than the 98/15360 but I am still waiting on the exact length.
O5800 ish...... nice... 4" case, nicer.

From Facebook, I am jumping at the assumption that this may be the cert burn. They were streaming video live and it went off just before the actual burn test with the note "we are working on the video". N, O, I don't care. I will probably be saving for one.
[h=5]AeroTech Consumer Aerospace[/h]11 hrs ·

The time has come �� DMS 'O' motor with Propellant X on the stand for firing today. ��

Last edited:
Yup, I have just recieved a post on Facebook about the new DMS O Motor with Propellant X.

Anyone any other info?? price??
Yeah what is it that propellant X? Otherwise in good will and a lot of money anyone can make as big engine wants :)The cost me care. Not to buy but to know how much money I save :)

Last edited:
Honestly I thought it would be more expensive. Just be realized only pipe Is $ 150 or whole motor with grainsl? If the whole motor for $ 150 and get at least $ 1,500 per month is a good price.Working with fiberglass and resin is disgusting. It should also have tools for tightening and oven to obtain quality.But even if you do tools you can do all you want engines of the price of resin and fiberglass :)And much larger too:)

Last edited:
Didn't realize 1% O yes nice and it is awesome they are doing it. Just curious they jump L1000, M1350, O? just thinking there may be another in the works

Nobody knows what is PropellantX and only tube is $ 150 or whole motor with propellant?

Nobody knows what is PropellantX and only tube is $ 150 or whole motor with propellant?

It will be much more than that since a DMS K535 is around that price - expect $800 + would be a spit ball guess

$150 is for an empty fiberglass tube. I would guess that the motor will be somewhere ~$800 to $1,000.

I expect it to be around two grand.

With recent price hikes DMS is now hovering around double Cesaroni reload prices, and the O3400 is $1100.

SaturnV said:
Nobody knows what is PropellantX

Like I said before this is the second Propellant X motor, check out the K1103. Some of us have been asking Aerotech for more, for years, but apparently the burn is rather extreme and it only likes a few grain geometries.

$150 is for an empty fiberglass tube. I would guess that the motor will be somewhere ~$800 to $1,000.
Yeah, for equal money I can construct an engine with at least 100 kilograms of sugar propellant:) Assuming specific impulse of 100 seconds it's have full impulse of 100k newton seconds :) The price includes at least 2 fire test :)I do not know what the price of ammonium perchlorate but with it newton seconds are 200k :)Оtherwise normal price for ready engine . Do not try to calculate not experiment. It made for you people from the company.And they should get paid for their work.

Last edited:
After seeing the 98 SuperThunder pricing ..afraid to guess !

Thought a 54mm was coming soon also.

Kenny

54mm dms are already here... i have an L1000 i bought last year that i am afraid to use..
or did are you referring to 54mm superthunder??

SaturnV - I think you are missing the point here.
There are some people (well, an awful lot), myself included, who like the idea of being able to just buy a motor, not needing to worry about having a case, and then just fly it and dispose. I did this with my L3. I especially like the idea when it comes to putting together projects that push the boundaries somewhat, like staged or clustered. If something goes wrong, you havent risked a case. I dont actually see myself casting my own 4" O motor any time within the forecastable future, but, I AM looking at it seriously for the 1st stage of a 1/2 scale Nike Apache, with an L1000 or M1350 (both DMS) in the 2nd stage. One less thing to worry about in a long list of things that i could worry about.

I'm Captain James Kirk and explore the natives and their way of life. I ask for all sorts of things. I hope I'm not too annoying :)

After seeing the 98 SuperThunder pricing ..afraid to guess !

Thought a 54mm was coming soon also.

Kenny
The motor is PropellantX. The only other PropellantX motor is the 54/1706 K1103.
A 98mm SuperThunder burns only 2 sec - see the 2 grain L2500.

The motor is PropellantX. The only other PropellantX motor is the 54/1706 K1103.
A 98mm SuperThunder burns only 2 sec - see the 2 grain L2500.

That is great to hear !

If it is a 54/2800 reload it may hold a few more ns than even the L1090.

Kenny

I'm Captain James Kirk and explore the natives and their way of life. I ask for all sorts of things. I hope I'm not too annoying :)

You are not Kirk- that is William Shatner, and to a lesser extent Chris Pine.

I know you are working through some form of translation program. I will admit I struggle reading your posts at times. I am sure much is lost in translation.

You know, my big question here is:

What's the price?

I know, if you have to ask, you can't afford it. But I can. I may just have to save up for it. Although I am going to join TRA this fall. A friend of mine has already told me that if I get my L2 and join TRA, he'll put me to work mixing propellant and casting motors. So all is have to do is is buy the chems and liners. And of course the cases.

No, this isnt the motor that you see at the store and look through your pockets to see if you have enough...... This is one you save for, and savor.

It is also one helluva motor to do your L3 on... Dare ya... Double Dare with Chocolate whip

You know, my big question here is:

What's the price?

I know, if you have to ask, you can't afford it. But I can. I may just have to save up for it. Although I am going to join TRA this fall. A friend of mine has already told me that if I get my L2 and join TRA, he'll put me to work mixing propellant and casting motors. So all is have to do is is buy the chems and liners. And of course the cases.

Well Drew.... my price guess without going over, is..... $900 This will be going directly against CTi's 6XL O3400

Last edited:
I expect it to be around two grand.

With recent price hikes DMS is now hovering around double Cesaroni reload prices, and the O3400 is $1100.

Like I said before this is the second Propellant X motor, check out the K1103. Some of us have been asking Aerotech for more, for years, but apparently the burn is rather extreme and it only likes a few grain geometries.
I'd think more like $1500.

Back