Aerotech DMS loose fitting grains

pbernosky

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm assembling an Aerotech M1350W-PS DMS and noticing the grains are extremely loose fitting in the liner; perhaps a 3/16" gap between the grains and the liner. Pic below:
DMS_Fit.jpg

I've flown this motor before, and not experienced this gap before. Anyone seen this before? I'm thinking this is a "deal killer"; not safe to fly with this gap. Thanks in advance for your comments / suggestions. /phil

rharshberger

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm assembling an Aerotech M1350W-PS DMS and noticing the grains are extremely loose fitting in the liner; perhaps a 3/16" gap between the grains and the liner. Pic below:
View attachment 482466

I've flown this motor before, and not experienced this gap before. Anyone seen this before? I'm thinking this is a "deal killer"; not safe to fly with this gap. Thanks in advance for your comments / suggestions. /phil
Hopefully you have already sent an Email to Karl at AT, but yeah that doesnt look good. Is that the casing or the liner?

eggplant

L3 | NAR 93664, TRA 17791
Reaction score
Are you sure that there isn't a separate liner tube? I found a thread on this forum with assembly pictures for this motor that includes two separate, nesting tubes, but it 7 years old so they might have changed it since then.