Aerotech DMS loose fitting grains

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbernosky

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm assembling an Aerotech M1350W-PS DMS and noticing the grains are extremely loose fitting in the liner; perhaps a 3/16" gap between the grains and the liner. Pic below:
DMS_Fit.jpg

I've flown this motor before, and not experienced this gap before. Anyone seen this before? I'm thinking this is a "deal killer"; not safe to fly with this gap. Thanks in advance for your comments / suggestions. /phil

Hi everyone. I'm assembling an Aerotech M1350W-PS DMS and noticing the grains are extremely loose fitting in the liner; perhaps a 3/16" gap between the grains and the liner. Pic below:
View attachment 482466

I've flown this motor before, and not experienced this gap before. Anyone seen this before? I'm thinking this is a "deal killer"; not safe to fly with this gap. Thanks in advance for your comments / suggestions. /phil
Hopefully you have already sent an Email to Karl at AT, but yeah that doesnt look good. Is that the casing or the liner?

Are you sure that there isn't a separate liner tube? I found a thread on this forum with assembly pictures for this motor that includes two separate, nesting tubes, but it 7 years old so they might have changed it since then.

Back