Aerotech at HobbyLinc?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXPjawa

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened at HobbyLinc? All of the Aerotech hardware, reloads and single-use motor stuff appears to have been removed from their site. Heck, the entire G-motor subpage is gone. All they list now are BP motors and a couple of left over Estes-branded SU motors.

Bizarre. Every Aerotech product (at least in the rocket motor category) was gone at the time I posted that. The link that Bat-mite posted only had the Estes G40 shown. Must have been some weird fluke... :confused:

I would suggest an outdated browser cache. Clearing the browser cache and reloading the page might be a prudent move when things like this happen.

Does anyone know what happened at HobbyLinc? All of the Aerotech hardware, reloads and single-use motor stuff appears to have been removed from their site. Heck, the entire G-motor subpage is gone. All they list now are BP motors and a couple of left over Estes-branded SU motors.

What are you looking for? I have those products, fast shipping, and inventory listed on my website. Www.csrocketry.com

At the time I posted that, I was just looking for some reference info regarding E20 SU motors and noticed the fluke. The issue, as you can see, was resolved a week ago. Chris, if you're going to try to snarf someone's order, at least be timely about it. FWIW, if I were looking to order then and Hobbylinc wasn't up for it, I would've probably gone to Tower or somebody instead and ordered at that time. Not to mention have comparable (or favorable) pricing and shipping on the types of product in question. :facepalm: Sorry if that comes across as harsh, but seriously?

At the time I posted that, I was just looking for some reference info regarding E20 SU motors and noticed the fluke. The issue, as you can see, was resolved a week ago. Chris, if you're going to try to snarf someone's order, at least be timely about it. FWIW, if I were looking to order then and Hobbylinc wasn't up for it, I would've probably gone to Tower or somebody instead and ordered at that time. Not to mention have comparable (or favorable) pricing and shipping on the types of product in question. :facepalm: Sorry if that comes across as harsh, but seriously?

I was as timely as I could be, since I was working my other job(professional fireworks) and gone from the internet world. I think my pricing is very fair(89 cents difference on a G reload), and I support the entire hobby, not just the smaller end, plus I always ship the products legally, unlike how the other one has done in the past.

That's fine Chris, and I don't mean to be a prick, but that struck me as a particularly odd sort of reply regarding the issue that the thread was for, especially since it was clear from the posts that it had resolved itself, and irked me a bit.

FWIW, for what I was looking at, as stated above, the price to get a package of two E20-7 motors to my door is about $8 more at your site than from Hobbylinc, who, as far as I've witnessed, ships things hazmat and legal. That winds up being another SU motor, under the right circumstances. Also, you appear to list all of the 29mm SU motors, or all the ones I saw, as requiring the extra hazmat fee whether needed or not (such as F23-7FJ).

That's fine Chris, and I don't mean to be a prick, but that struck me as a particularly odd sort of reply regarding the issue that the thread was for, especially since it was clear from the posts that it had resolved itself, and irked me a bit.

FWIW, for what I was looking at, as stated above, the price to get a package of two E20-7 motors to my door is about $8 more at your site than from Hobbylinc, who, as far as I've witnessed, ships things hazmat and legal. That winds up being another SU motor, under the right circumstances. Also, you appear to list all of the 29mm SU motors, or all the ones I saw, as requiring the extra hazmat fee whether needed or not (such as F23-7FJ).

I actually didn't look at the other replies when I replied. From my side of the fence, getting people to know I have these products has increased business ten fold, and this was no different. I simply wanted to point out to you that I have those products, that seemed to have been missing, in stock and I offer competitive prices as well as prompt shipping and I would like to earn your business. As for the extra hazmat(F23-7), it actually was a description error and the product would not have charged hazmat. I fixed the description so thank you for pointing that out. As for the shipping, what you will find(and I am adding it to the website so it is better known) is I refund all excess shipping charges that the site over calculates. It is very difficult to get exact due to the nature of our products. I hope that we can one day do business together.

Rick & others,

For what its worth, I can substantiate Chris' statements. I have bought several items from Chris. His prices are competitive and shipping/product delivery are timely. I interpreted his post as simply offering an alternative purchase site for items possibly no longer carried by Hobbylinc.

Fred
L2, ROSCO
KG4YGP

OK, but it still comes across as a pretty spammy move. I mean, he admits he wasn't in the post to contribute, he just wanted to post that he had product. By definition, that qualifies as reportable.

Back