Aerotech 54mm assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMehalko

Reaction score
Looking for feedback as I consider dabbling some with youtube on a new channel, I know there are a handful of videos out there already.

Are these helpful? What changes or recommendations would you make? I obnoxiously referenced the delay orientation as I’ve seen several flight failures due to that, hence thinking about content that could be worthwhile and helpful.

Go easy on me, I’m not a ‘content creator’ and have never done anything like this haha, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
good video. The forward seal disk is used in all blue and red loads except the 426 loads. I put the neoprene washer and delay oring into the forward closure first, not on the oring itself.

good video. The forward seal disk is used in all blue and red loads except the 426 loads. I put the neoprene washer and delay oring into the forward closure first, not on the oring itself.

Thanks and good to know, I suppose i should do more research! Btw flew this motor the past weekend, its pretty much awesome!

It's great to see video's of building motors. I am no where near the 54mm level yet, but the more I watch, the less "nervous/anxious" I get when building 24mm and 29mm reloads. Just good reinforcement of common sense and taking your time. One thing that would be awesome with these motor builds is to chat about not only it's characteristics in terms of color and noise (important!), but also the Newton/s, how heavy the rocket is that your launching, thrust curve as it affects your particular rocket (or what you think will happen), etc. I know there are sims which are fine, but it's great to hear it from rocketeers that have actually flown these motors. And thank you for the video!

Looking for feedback as I consider dabbling some with youtube on a new channel, I know there are a handful of videos out there already.

Are these helpful? What changes or recommendations would you make? I obnoxiously referenced the delay orientation as I’ve seen several flight failures due to that, hence thinking about content that could be worthwhile and helpful.

Go easy on me, I’m not a ‘content creator’ and have never done anything like this haha, thanks in advance!

Excellent job on the video.

It's great to see video's of building motors. I am no where near the 54mm level yet, but the more I watch, the less "nervous/anxious" I get when building 24mm and 29mm reloads. Just good reinforcement of common sense and taking your time. One thing that would be awesome with these motor builds is to chat about not only it's characteristics in terms of color and noise (important!), but also the Newton/s, how heavy the rocket is that your launching, thrust curve as it affects your particular rocket (or what you think will happen), etc. I know there are sims which are fine, but it's great to hear it from rocketeers that have actually flown these motors. And thank you for the video!

Great to hear! New to me here making stuff, but i think i enjoy it :)

That was a really good video.

Excellent job on the video.
Thanks for the video
Great job.. keep making videos.

Thanks for the input all!

Back