Aerotech 29mm rocket tip

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnager

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've built a couple of the 29mm rockets (Mustang, Arreauxbee Hi) and found that when you attempt to snap in the fin loc's, it works much better if there's a motor case in the rocket.

I nearly (partially) crushed my Mustang mmt a while back while putting it together. The Arreauxbee Hi snapped in without issues, using a motor case for back-up support.

Just a suggestion to minimize tube deformation.....

I've built a couple of the 29mm rockets (Mustang, Arreauxbee Hi) and found that when you attempt to snap in the fin loc's, it works much better if there's a motor case in the rocket.

I nearly (partially) crushed my Mustang mmt a while back while putting it together. The Arreauxbee Hi snapped in without issues, using a motor case for back-up support.

Just a suggestion to minimize tube deformation.....
Nice tip!
Those can be frustrating.
I remember putting some epoxy on those just to act a lubricant, even though they do not need to be glued in... allegedly :) .

Yup, I do that on every AT build, and I've built a bunch! I seem to keep losing them, as the motor sizes grow the older the rocket gets. :D

Back