Aerotech 24mm to 29mm Adapter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonF

Reaction score
Well thanks in part to this board, I just built my first rocket in 17 years. I have a question on the motor mount adapter though. I purchased the Aerotech Initiator and want to keep my first few flights under the one pound limit. To do that I need to use E engines, and the 24mm to 29mm adapter. While the instructions were quite clear on how to build it, they say nothing on how to use it. Near as I can tell, you just shove it up there with the spacer and thats that. I don't want my first flight to end up destroying the rocket, so I thought I would ask.:D

Welcome to the forum! You will find a wealth of info here! I dont know a whole lot about the spacer - but I'm sure someone else will chime in with tons of info.

Have a great stay!

edward

Put the spacer in the adapter, put the motor in the adapter, put in in the rocket.

Just a quick note the adapter also has an internal spacer for the shorter 24mm motors, I have attached a picture showing the adapter, the insert and a 24mm motor for reference. IT IS NOT THE CORRECT MOTOR, but is the right dimension

Here is a picture installed in rocket. Once again this is not the correct motor for this rocket, just used for comparison.

Originally posted by mikeyd
Here is a picture installed in rocket. Once again this is not the correct motor for this rocket, just used for comparison.

Thanks, and how convenient can you get. I'm in Warr Acres. Do you launch with Tripoli Oklahoma? I might make Friday of the Sayer Shoot Off, but have to work Saturday and Sunday.

Edit: Are the Estes E engines any good? I can get those localy. My vendor had to back order my reloadable engines, and it would be nice to try it out.

I have not made it out to Sayre yet, still hope to some time. I am also on the North West side, Council and N.W. Expressway area. I do Have friends that belong to Tripoli Oklahoma, they seem like a pretty good group. We will have to get together some time.

Originally posted by JasonF Edit: Are the Estes E engines any good? I can get those localy. My vendor had to back order my reloadable engines, and it would be nice to try it out. [/B]

From what I have heard the Estes E's would not have the lift off capability for the Initiator. There is a new Hobby Town, at N.W. Expressway and rockwell, in the same shopping center as Target, to the west of it, by the bank. They had some SU E30's that might work. I do not know what delays they had, or if they still have them! Send me and Email at [email protected] and we can arange a meet.

Back