Aerosleeves

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
Anyone use these before? Comments? Good, bad, ugly? Looks very interesting.

So far people from all over the country have been using Aerosleeves with great success. Here is what they have been saying:

This is a wonderful product at a great price. It is a neat way to strengthen air frames at a reasonable price. Thank you for providing this unique item!
- Steve Armstrong

Unimprovable customer service, and superb product. Using Aeropoxy, the strength and ease of use of the sleeving I bought surpassed my wildest dreams. I couldn't possibly be more satisfied.
- Paul R. Yarnold, Ph.D.

Great product and value compared to buying pre made tubing at 50.00 per foot.
- Anonymous Customer

I ordered my aerosleeves on Saturday and they arrived Monday from half-way across the country. What great service!
- Rocky Eckhardt

So don't wait. Try Aerosleeves today. With prices starting a $9.45 for fiberglass sleeves, and $13.75 for carbon fiber these prices can't be beat.

In additon to our already slashed prices, save an *additional* 5% off any Aerosleeves products through this link
www.aerosleeves.com/order/coupon-summer5

We're also offering sponsorship for extreme projects, and speed or altitude projects. Contact us for more details.

The leader in High Performance Composite Sleeves - Aerosleeves

Nick Anderson
Aerosleeves - Just Add Epoxy

I haven't actually used them :)cool: ) but I can say, wow, that sure would speed things up alot! :D My most hated part of fiberglassing is just putting it on.. Once it's on right, you're golden. Until then....:(

Yep. You can fiberglass a tube (or carbon fiber it) in under 5 minutes. In fact, you'll probably spend longer mixing the epoxy than you will in applying the Aerosleeve.

They slide right on, and fit to whatever size tube you are using as long as its in their listed size diameter. For instance, 6" fiberglass sleeving will fit tubes all the way down to 3.5" and as big as 7.6" tubes. 2" goes from .6" to 2.4" inches. Im sure you get the picture.

Even better, Aerosleeves have no seam and naturally stay on the tube, so you don't have to play around with trying to the the fabric to stick to the tube prior to applying the epoxy. Once the epoxy is on, you get to use your gloved hands and squeeze out a majority of the extra and excess epoxy, and constrict the fibers even tighter to your tube.

Serioulsy, you'll never get this kind of results with a woven "flat" type of fabric.. For fins, sure woven cloth is great. For tubes, Aerosleeves.

Nick Anderson

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Anyone use these before? Comments? Good, bad, ugly? Looks very interesting.

Funny you should bring this up. I was writing back and forth with them, asking questions, and thought of you.

I haven't used it yet, but I'll be making at least one carbon body tube. It's so straight forward that I've probably already covered all the details on how. They have a good tutorial, and are glad to answer any questions beyond that.

Their web site says they make tubes on order, but the person I wrote to said they're not right now. And that's why I thought of you guys.

I was going to pay almost $80 for a 38mm carbon tube a meter long from a bicycle parts place. Enough sleeve to make the tube, including shipping, plus a couple buck for the amount of resin to cure it, would come to about $20. It'd also require a mandrel, or else just building it on a ~BT60 size tube. They'd take minutes to make (and maybe overnight to cure).

I'm thinking someone could make some pretty good money making carbon and/or carbon/kevlar tubes of the right size for rocket bodies out of this stuff.

Let me know if you guys want to try this. I was just about to order some.

Back