Aeropoxy vs 30 min BSI for cardboard

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When installing engine blocks, centering rings, couplers you push them into place quickly with one continuous move. If you stop partway they might stay in that position forever.
And that's the only reason I know to use epoxy on paper and wood. Mind you, it's a good reason.

I, for one, have never seen the appeal of JB-Weld for anything other than the retainer mount.
The appeal, for me, is that I have it on hand. It is often advised on retainer attachment because of its high temperature resistance. I know from experience that it also works quite adequately for darn nearly all other bonding jobs, and I would guess probably for fillets when the proper amount of filler is added (in addition to the filler it comes with). So my attitude is that there's no point in having a bunch of kinds of epoxy on the shelf when I could have just one. (Yes, some thinner laminating epoxy is in my future.)

Epoxy is dry in an hour. Nothings worse than moving onto the next step and your rocket dribbles wood glue on your lap.

I've gone to all epoxy now. I only use my leftover wood glue if it's something simple like tacking balsa to a project I won't be touching again until next week.

Drat! (And now that I've had the idea, I may need to come up with something, sewing thread with a little hot melt glue that I can melt with a hot air gun after stitching.)

Back