Aeropoxy ES6209 for laminating?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davdue

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've always used West System for all my epoxying and the one time I have glassed my airframe. I ran out on booster tube and still need to do the payload tube. I won some Aeropoxy ES6209 in a raffle last year at AirFest. The PTM&W website shows it as structural epoxy. Can I use it for laminating or should I buy some more West System to use the same for both tubes?

Also I have quart cans for the Aeropoxy. Does anybody know of any pumps that will fit the cans? The tops are 1 1/4" diameter.

Last edited:
As thick as it is, I can't imagine pumps working well. I transfer mine to old ketchup bottles.

It is super thick stuff - I use syringes (the big veterinary ones that are for oral medications) and it is very hard to draw up it is so viscous. Mix it with some milled fiber and hit it with a heat gun and it makes for great fillets, though.

ES6209 is structural only. It is very thick so laminating would be nearly impossible and pumps probably won't work with it. I use the Glue Bottles from Rockler Woodworking they're a little bit sturdier than the condiment bottles.

Back