Aerojet motor for Astro Blaster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdrossno1

Reaction score
Hi;

I would like to use an Aerojet reloadable rocket motor for my Estes Astro Blaster but I cannot figure out what I need. Once you have the casing and assorted bits and pieces how do you know what propellant load it with?

Regards,
MDR

Hi;

I would like to use an Aerojet reloadable rocket motor for my Estes Astro Blaster but I cannot figure out what I need. Once you have the casing and assorted bits and pieces how do you know what propellant load it with?

Regards,
MDR

You probably mean Aerotech, rather than Aerojet.
Aerotech manufactures reload kits for their casings that contain all the pieces you need.

You probably mean Aerotech, rather than Aerojet.
Aerotech manufactures reload kits for their casings that contain all the pieces you need.

Estes used 24mm plugged motors for that R/C Rocket Glider.

Does Aerotech currently have a plugged 24mm RMS motor? If not, simply install all reloadable motor components (INCLUDING the delay!!!) and leave out the ejection charge. Fill the ejection charge well with wadding.

Select a motor with the thrust characteristics you want. Smoke is not always good on an R/C Rocket Glider since it obscures your view of the rocket and can result in "pilot error".

24/40 casing is the size of the D11-P. E28 and F39 have no smoke during thrust.

The original used the D11-P or E15-P. The E15 was longer, so the 24/60 casing would fit. Reloads would include the F51 which might rip it to shreds.

Estes used 24mm plugged motors for that R/C Rocket Glider.

Does Aerotech currently have a plugged 24mm RMS motor? If not, simply install all reloadable motor components (INCLUDING the delay!!!) and leave out the ejection charge. Fill the ejection charge well with wadding.

Select a motor with the thrust characteristics you want. Smoke is not always good on an R/C Rocket Glider since it obscures your view of the rocket and can result in "pilot error".

24/40 casing is the size of the D11-P. E28 and F39 have no smoke during thrust.

The original used the D11-P or E15-P. The E15 was longer, so the 24/60 casing would fit. Reloads would include the F51 which might rip it to shreds.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and for the info. I'm pretty dumb about rocket motors since I have only used Estes motors in the past. How do I find out what motor has the thrust characteristics I want? I have only used D11Ps on it so far. Can you give me a recommendation on which motor is best suited for the AB? F51? What does that refer to?

Sorry for getting the name wrong.
Regards

You might get more information if you ask in the Rocket Boosted Gliders. Aerotech makes 24mm RC hardware/reloads that might fill the bill. But I have no practical experience with them.

I agree with Shreadvector. I had this model years ago. I think a D11-P would be a little small, but I think that you said that you have flown with the D-11. The model is pretty big and draggy and probably needs an Aerotech single-use E15-P to get more altitude. I found this model tricky to fly with R/C. It helps if your R/C skills are good. I would not recommend flying in strong winds. That is how I lost mine. I am not sure that a 24 mm Aerotech reloadable motor will fit without some building construction adjustments. The delay chamber may be too long. Probably, a comparable reloadable 24 mm would work, but you need to leave the ejection charge out.

Last edited:
You asked for a reloadable, this is the casing:
https://www.rocketarium.com/RMS/Plugged/Motor/24
Recommended reloads are in the page description.
Google the reloads for vendors.
You don't want to lose this casing. $$$$$$$
Alternative is plugged SU motors:https://www.siriusrocketry.biz/ishop/aerotech-e30-pt-24mm-single-use-motor-3-pack-1727.html
PS: Launchpad 2000 still shows D11-P motors in stock. Give them a call or email.
https://lp2k.com/d-11p-3-engines-flying-model-rocket-engines-estes-1669/

Last edited:
Back