Aerogloss Balsa Sealer no longer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
I have noticed my local hobby store no longer sells Aerogloss products, they tell me it has been discontinued. I also noticed on Tower Hobbies website that it is also discontinued. I cannot find it on Midwest products website but I did see it in their catalog. I have an email into Midwest and will let you know what I find out. This has been the best product I have ever used and it will be a bummer if it is no longer being made. I tried Sig Balsa sealer before and it was a pain to sand. I wonder if Brodak balsa sealer is any better. I will keep you updated. If anyone has tried Brodak sealer let me know, I don't want to order a can of it if it is no good

In the past few years I have had luck at local hobby shops sifting through their odds and ends of the stuff. I just recently found a hobby shop that still had some and bought all the sanding sealer and balsa filler they had. You might be able to find the same.

Midwest appears to manufacturer it in large batches once every year or two. Our distributor will run out, then a few months later we'll be able to get it again.

We have a few one-ounce bottles still in stock. But, we are out of the four-ounce ones as is our distributor.

-- Roger

Last edited:
midwest discontinued color dope and my understanding is this is the end of sanding sealer. when my stock is gone all I will only have Sig. good but not quite as good.

Latest posts

Back