Aero Tech vs Open Rocket Arreax Altitude

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jozef

Reaction score
My Aerotech Arreaux is ready to fly at the ISOAR launch on July 17. My Arreaux weighs in at 14 ounces without motor. With an AT F20-7 SU, Open Rocket sims altitude at 1,100 feet. Aerotech shows an altitude of !,760 feet on the same motor with rocket weight at 12 ounces. OR sims the 12 ounce Arreaux at !,250 feet. That is a 500 foot difference at the same weight of 12 ounces. What is your experience with OR simulation accuracy?

Joe

Can you post your .ork? Did you airfoil the sim fins and select an appropriate surface finish? How did you cut the 2oz, with a total weight override? Is the .ork from scratch or derived from an existing one?

The .ork is one I found and downloaded. I adjusted the weight with an override. The fins are set to air foiled with polished surface finish. When I change the fin shape to rounded and painted, it makes a small difference in altitude. I don't know how to post the .ork file to the site

Arreaux on F20 will go much closer to about 1100ft. Experience with Arreaux and the F20. Nice combo, actually

Latest posts

Back