3D Printing Aero-Pad leg test prints with layer shift.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Doug Holverson

Reaction score
I'm trying to do test prints of the leg for the Aero-Pad. The Aero-Pad was a Fun Rockets product that never came out. I just want to see what one would look like all these years later.

The first print had the leg tip curl up and got aborted about 75% of the way in over wicked layer shift.

leg1.JPG

The second test print was turned longways across the Y-axis. It had a broad brim and didn't curl. It got aborted early on because of even more wicked and early layer shift.

leg2.jpg

The third print was longways across the X-axis, with a broad brim, and the bed moving at half speed. It got aborted at 82% because of layer shift.

leg3.jpg

Any suggested fixes?

Pesky details: CR10-s5 printer, Cura slicer, and gray PLA.

Doug Holverson

Reaction score
Update: this now has Y-axis shifting on a piece that that isn't this part. I'm guessing that a roller is binding or is getting a bum bearing? What does anybody with more experience have to say?

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
What printer? I might be able to print that on mine if you want me to try it this weekend.

Doug Holverson

Reaction score
I took the printer half apart and put it back together this afternoon. The problem probably was the glass rubbing on the frame enough to wear a little notch into the aluminum. I think it's fixed now, but I'm in a show me mood. I'm printing small things now with no shift.

Latest posts