Advice required!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. There is a vast amount of rocketry going on that has nothing to do with TRA or NAR.

2. The PVC matter is open to dispute. If you are at a resonable distance from the pad, it is not an issue. You use what you have.

3. The OP is in India. Not everone in the world have the luxuries we have in the US.
I didn't make a value opinion of PVC one way or another. I believe it is unsafe if one is going to seriously burn an aggressive propellant. If one is going to do something outside of what is recommended in safety suggestions/rules, they are responsible for the damage they cause to property, people or themselves. If one owns the launch site that is off the beaten path of commercial airways, they can do whatever they want. Last I read years ago is that type of airspace was rare at that time and probably rarer now.
Last I heard, India is a pretty densely populated country. Something like 1.408 billion. Probably not much space to do significant HPR unless one is shooting a single use rocket over the ocean.
I've been active for some time and well aware there are intelligent groups that experiment outside organized rocketry. They have the smarts and the space to do it. I envy them and wish them well in their endeavors. Kurt

While it is true that India has either the 1st or 2nd highest population in the world, making the assumption that therefore there's no place to safely fly rockets would be incorrect. Sure, if the whole country had the population density of Delhi, then you'd be right. But there are many very rural places with a low enough density of population to allow amateur rocketry to flourish. Of course I have no idea where those places might be.

The island of Sriharikota, where their space agency launch site is located near the equator and on a barrier island off the coast, is also ideally located for orbital launches. Maybe they could allow amateur rocket on that sight? Who knows? India has been serious about their space program. Personally, I think there's nothing wrong with the competition.

Adityaram... Go for it! Uh carefully.... with every safety practice and scientific protocol you can use!

Brad

Latest posts

Back